TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I haven't heard a single bad review about Banshee. Other than the now gone rattling.

Oh any idea why people keep spelling it "Banchee" ?

Are there really that many bad spellers?

no I dont thinnk so butt a fu peepul arnt tha bess spellerrs.

I'll second that, the rattling is basically gone. I did feel it the slightest big in the back row on the dive loop. Otherwise smooth as silk.

Dumb question. ERT tomorrow on Banshee and Bat from 1030pm to Midnight. Huge chance of storms. I'll be there anyways, but what happens if it really gets rained out? Cancel ERT, move the date, move it to FOF? Any past riders have experience with this? I'd assume it'd get moved at the very least.

I haven't heard a single bad review about Banshee. Other than the now gone rattling.

Oh any idea why people keep spelling it "Banchee" ?

Are there really that many bad spellers?

no I dont thinnk so butt a fu peepul arnt tha bess spellerrs.

You explained the GP well.

If only Great Bear were to be built now. The coaster would looks 10x better with a modern design, such as Banshee's.

Can't say that for certain, Hershey could very well ask for the same design now as they did then and B&M would deliver av wry similar product.

^I might be my least favourite invert but I loved all the ones I've ridden so far so that's still pretty good. The helix is surprisingly forceful and so is the turn after the zero g (with a nice unexpected pop of air when you enter it). Just not a big fan of the long straights. Still all those moments and the fact that, overall, the ride is pretty solid make it rather good (for me). I also love just how loud it is!

I agree... It really does make GB unique. That and the first high up helix before the first drop... It's just a very interesting ride

Great bear is in my top 10 for a reason. The whole thing in itself isn't a typical B&M invert kind of design that you'd see usually. I loved it from top to bottom.

Ended up moving my total Banshee count today to 81. ERTs line was... significantly bigger then I'd expected. Did anyone else find that line to be unreasonably big for this event? I know most people in Cinci probably have gold passes, or a huge chunk of them, but I'd never expected that many people to be there tonight. I took one ride and left.

Anyone there the whole time that can elaborate if the line moved quickly, at least? There were a decent chunk (3 or 4?) of difficulties earlier in the day with the ride. Hopefully it didn't happen later on.

I got in line at 9:43 and it was about a 15 minute wait. The crew was absolutely eating people. Probably the most efficient crew in the park as of this point early in the season. The line for ERT was definitely obnoxious, but it is what it is, I guess. I still don't know where to put Banshee (mainly because I sort of stopped trying to rank coasters) but I definitely enjoyed it. I preferred the front to the back, and I'd actually like to ride it during the day to get a better idea of what's actually going on.

If only Great Bear were to be built now. The coaster would looks 10x better with a modern design, such as Banshee's.

Can't say that for certain, Hershey could very well ask for the same design now as they did then and B&M would deliver av wry similar product.

I was referring to the more advanced design. The area would of looked much less cluttered, and they could of probably done more with it. Taller, longer etc.

I might break down and buy a pass this week. I wasn't going to go until the park is open during the week, so I could get lots of rides and explore front vs middle vs back rides. We shall see! I love hearing about it though. Hopefully Drop Zone will open soon too, if it hasn't already.

I rode Banshee last weekend in the middleish (maybe closer to the back) and had a very rough ride. Probably the worst on an invert. I wouldn't say the rattling is completely gone yet. I still loved it.

Ive ridden in every row and found 3-1 and 6-4 to be my favorite seats. However we ended up in row 4 once yesterday and I felt like I was inside a paint mixer for a few minutes. Was pretty disappointing. Im just glad the coaster rattling in the back is mostly gone. 1, 8, 6, and 3 are smooth as silk.

I rode Banshee last weekend in the middleish (maybe closer to the back) and had a very rough ride. Probably the worst on an invert. I wouldn't say the rattling is completely gone yet. I still loved it.

Ive ridden in every row and found 3-1 and 6-4 to be my favorite seats. However we ended up in row 4 once yesterday and I felt like I was inside a paint mixer for a few minutes. Was pretty disappointing. Im just glad the coaster rattling in the back is mostly gone. 1, 8, 6, and 3 are smooth as silk.

Both of these posts are funny to me! lol

I took one ride and left.

You and almost everyone else. The line was only about 5-10 minutes long after 11:30. Here is the brake down of my wait times during ERT:

Banshee (10 min)

Bat (20 min)

Banshee (30 min)

Banshee (15 min)

Banshee (10 min)

Banshee (5 min)

On a side note, the Diamondback crew was launching every train before the train in front of it hit the splashdown. The seat belts don't appear to be slowing down the crew. Also, they don't lock like the ones on Racer, so you are free to float out of your seat until your thighs hit the lap bar.