TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad that you guys were able to skirt off the bad weather that we have been having here in Western New York! Rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, rain, and more rain - oh, and let's not forget the thunder and lightning too!

Went to the Erie County Fair last night in Hamburg (near Buffalo) and got stormed out before I could get any rides in. Oh well, we managed to have a good time at the American version of Hofbrauhaus!

I had a great time at Darien Lake a few weeks ago. It restored my faith in the park after Six Flags sold it. Would have loved to have joined up with you folks, but my work schedule would not allow it.

Superman was also kicking some serious arse, but the stack-up's were bad due to people that were not checking themselves at the front entrance seat tester thingamajig.

I will however, be making my way up to CW for Behemoth next weekend. Also will be hitting up the Canadian National Exhibition, which starts next Friday in Toronto!

Have fun!!!

This was a great update.

Robb wanting to lap up Vekoma spooge... OMG. The tastlessness amuses me so...

I was excited to see the B&M track sitting and waiting, quite a surprise as I had not been keepingup with Darien Lake. It certainly looks like it is making improvements.

I was excited to see the B&M track sitting and waiting, quite a surprise as I had not been keepingup with Darien Lake. It certainly looks like it is making improvements.

It's been sitting there for quite awhile I believe. That's just the old Batman stand up that was stored at Darien Lake after Astroworld was turned into a parking lot.

^Perhaps 6F sold it to the new owners along with the property. Either that or they are having to pay rent for the storage space. As much as 6F likes to Nickle and Dime crap, it doesn't seem like they would want to do this and perhaps sold it to the new owners lock, stock, and barrel. So who knows? This could creep into Darrien Lakes coaster line up next year. Lord knows they have the property for it.

^ Darien Lake does have a TON of property! The layout is very very odd though. There just seems to be random paths going everywhere, without any real sense of a master plan when they laid them out.

Great update Robb! Picking up the tickets left for "Matt Damon" will never be forgotten.

It's been sitting there for quite awhile I believe. That's just the old Batman stand up that was stored at Darien Lake after Astroworld was turned into a parking lot.

Ah I see... ok, excitement extinguished.

Wonder if the new owner would put it back together.

I've always considered Darien Lake a good place to go camping (as the main reason for the trip) and then the amusement park for something to do. (As opposed to going for the amusement park and camping for cheap accomodations. Although "Ride of Steel" is a good reason to make the trek there.) It's good to see a new coaster added this year.

I've got to say that I've been enjoying reading these Behemoth trip updates, even though you're not to the point where I can actually remember anything yet!

Sad to see the Enterprise at Darien Lake, the only ride of its kind in the world, not making the update, but it definitely will make my TR whenever I find time to write it. I was able to convice a few TPR members to join me in my Enterprise obsession that day!

I see I'm not the only one who has ever been denied of Rye's Wild Mouse! I didn't even try to ride the kiddie after that. Glad to see the east coast trip is going smoothly, and I am really missing all the TPR madness.

In defense of my self-fulfilled boob-credit as seen in the picture, I noticed while doing laundry today that the elastic in the strap of my FAVORITE BRA - yes, the one I was wearing on Predator - had broken.

If that's not t!t jiggling, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

-Natalie "Darien Lake owes my girls a new home" Visage

I think that they are referring to the fact that it is the only stand up enterprise left in the world. Although, it can't be because Canada's Wonderland has one (Nightmares) along with their Huss Sky Lab (Orbiter), Which if I am not mistaken, may be the only ride of its type (4 person car enterprise) left in the world.

And nataomic, That really sucks. I seriously found that ride to be BRUTAL! It was horrible.

In defense of my self-fulfilled boob-credit as seen in the picture, I noticed while doing laundry today that the elastic in the strap of my FAVORITE BRA - yes, the one I was wearing on Predator - had broken.

Natalie, I'm sure you would find many hands here on the boards that would love to help you "support" your girls until they find a new home.

Guy "I think you can openly say tit on this site without getting your hand slapped." Koepp

I've got to say that I've been enjoying reading these Behemoth trip updates, even though you're not to the point where I can actually remember anything yet!

Sad to see the Enterprise at Darien Lake, the only ride of its kind in the world, not making the update, but it definitely will make my TR whenever I find time to write it. I was able to convice a few TPR members to join me in my Enterprise obsession that day!

I see I'm not the only one who has ever been denied of Rye's Wild Mouse! I didn't even try to ride the kiddie after that. Glad to see the east coast trip is going smoothly, and I am really missing all the TPR madness.

I wish I joined you guys on your enterprise ride. I wanted to ride it, but I never got a chance to that day.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the park that I call my employer. All though I am bummed that there is only one pic of my beutiful SLC

It aint that rough... well only in the way back seat lol!

MixedDrinkPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:21 pm Post subject:

^ What's so special about the Enterprise at Darien Lake?

-Our enterprise (Silver Bullet) was one of twoo enterprise's manufactured by the company Heitz-Fahtse. Along with Haymaker. That is why they are so unique. I believe the other is at La Ronde

That was amazing and Ride Of Steel must kick a$$! Is it better than Expedition Geforce?

Well, I guess if you're the type that prefers two big helices over airtime and great laterals, then maybe yes. But, otherwise nope. Also, EGF has much, much better restraints than Ride of Steel (Darien Lake) does.

Thanks for the answer, did you ride both of them?

natatomic wrote:

Natalie, I'm sure you would find many hands here on the boards that would love to help you "support" your girls until they find a new home.

Guy, I have to hand it to you. Way to keep abreast of things.

That was amazing and Ride Of Steel must kick a$$! Is it better than Expedition Geforce?

Well, I guess if you're the type that prefers two big helices over airtime and great laterals, then maybe yes. But, otherwise nope. Also, EGF has much, much better restraints than Ride of Steel (Darien Lake) does.

Thanks for the answer, did you ride both of them?

I know I did, and I have to agree with ginzo.

East Coast - Day 4

Today was a short day Six Flags Great Adventure. Rain started around 1 pm, and continued throughout the day.

--Luko

rainmeet_P1040754.jpg.adf4c854a44be080000afc46ee3b1a76.jpg

5pm we had a mandatory meet, where it was decided to pull early and leave the park 3 hours before we were supposed to.

darkknight_P1040747.jpg.72b081705d64b3598e6b0c4f4f2ee5b8.jpg

After the rain started, the only operating coaster was Dark Knight, making for one loooong line.

suf_P1040734.jpg.c914c0656e44f59bb9b1c0bcfac1f37c.jpg

The amazing pretzel loop on Superman: Ultimate Flight.

gasm_P1040732.jpg.357f56db780b95a5ec144256e2aaba82.jpg

Great American Scream Machine still provides a great Arrow experience.

eltaco_P1040705.jpg.fa68c8cf519b067ece2220547ab502cc.jpg

Day started great, with ERT on El Toro.

I remember The Ranger. I'm sure it's the one that used to be at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Nice ride - a bit squishy sometimes with those pads.

Best fun to be had was hearing people lose all their change as it sat upside down.