TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Not much going on to El Loco aside from wiring, I am sure once this weekend passes and the park goes back to shorter hours of operation, we will start to see things speed up a bit.

There are 3 cars inside the park and two still sitting outside on the loading dock.

May stop by today and do a small update.

Not much going on to El Loco aside from wiring, I am sure once this weekend passes and the park goes back to shorter hours of operation, we will start to see things speed up a bit.

There are 3 cars inside the park and two still sitting outside on the loading dock.

May stop by today and do a small update.

Maybe not visibly or during operating hours, but the dome's FB reported that inspections started on 12/20 and continue through next week.

I remember visiting Alton during the construction of the Smiler and I went once when progress was at about the same stage as El Loco is now and people were all stood at the fence trying to figure out whether a train had done a circuit yet or not. Was quite funny. Apparently the first few tests were all done during the night so people were not around to watch so guests started checking the track for signs that trains had been run but the track is in such a state that it was very hard to tell.

I want the wait to be over! We haven't had a new coaster in our backyard for so long. I am getting really excited. A few months ago I made the decision that I was not going to visit the Adventuredome so that I will be surprised when I see El Loco for the first time. Hopefully they actually get this opened by the end of the month as promised.

I love it though, you can totally tell when a coaster has been sent around the circuit, some marks from the road wheels etc.

Love this waiting game!

That was the thing, people were looking out for marks from the wheels on the track but due to how dirty, marked and scratched the track was from construction you couldn't tell!

Hey everyone a very quick update on El Loco. Well the ride definitely has power now, all the sensors are lit up and every so often you can hear the brakes hiss. One of the cars has been unwrapped and has a dummy in the seat. The rest of the brakes are now installed after the final twist and dive. Brakes are now also in place on the maintenance track. Hopefully we should see testing real soon? The park will be closed next Monday thorough Thursday. Enjoy!

image.thumb.jpg.d82e3cf5a1c21d9b6826a725a80899fe.jpg

Sensors all lit up!

image.thumb.jpg.b6afea1d2a8c0266ccbaec863fa39836.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.175aa75ed1aa7cee39d5fe2eabee884a.jpg

Brakes installed on the maintenance track.

image.thumb.jpg.8ce070d11433135533e04b5914d6a93c.jpg

The rest of the brakes are now installed.

image.thumb.jpg.99c3b76825f9f910c7390489718a88fd.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.8bf1f6438474328c39b6b5f7bcfb036c.jpg

Queue rails installed in the station.

image.thumb.jpg.d5318daaa03709768d03a9946391ac5f.jpg

The unwrapped car with a dummy sitting in the front seat.

The one thing I cannot wait to know is what the ride will sound like in the park, we know how Canyon Blaster roars around the park, I just wonder what El Loco will sound like. How loud is the lift, will it have a little roar to is as well, or is the track filled with sand.

^ I wouldn't guess there is much if anything that needs to be done, cause its using the original station of Rim Runner.

It's quite an interesting re use of space going from a water ride station to a coaster station. Nicely done Adventuredome!

The one thing I cannot wait to know is what the ride will sound like in the park, we know how Canyon Blaster roars around the park, I just wonder what El Loco will sound like. How loud is the lift, will it have a little roar to is as well, or is the track filled with sand.

The lift on Green Lantern is noisy but fairly quick, the ride itself is pretty quiet.

Yay, I made it to Adventuredome after about 8 years! El Loco looks really really good! It's almost more spread out than I thought it would be. Got two rides on Canyon Blaster, and they were really good! Probably the smoothest arrow behind the one at Dollywood. I was really surprised! I will definitely be coming back soon!