TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vekoma's new train designs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course it is! I mean, look how Intamin started; Revolution (pain), Flashback (pain) and Iron Wolf...... and now look at them; kick ass speed coasters and rocket coasters. This could well be a turn in the right direction for Vekoma. Their early rides (such as the notorious 'Corkscrew with Bayerncurve') clearly sucked, but they showed potential in the way they designed everything. Sure, transitions were bumpy and painful, but its still more advanced than Arrow's typical straight-line efforts, particularly when used at speed (Vekoma ONLY JUST wins out here). But their more modern rides (Motorbikes, LSM coasters) are proving that they are definitely improving with experience, and Vekoma could be a theme park ride major in 5-10 years. I see Vekoma now like alot of people saw the up-and-coming Intamin AG and Bolliger & Mabillard in the late 80's; mediocre rides, but good potential. I would like to see how these new ideas pan out.

^Yeah, I found that a bit strange too. However, they look like the ones Intamin has on their rockets, and the really don't bother you that much but do give an extra sense of safety, and thats what the new Vekoma is all about, making rides more enjoyeable for everyone. So maybe its just to create a more safer feeling for all ages riding it.

I couldn't help but noticing, is Vekoma redesigning their track style as well? Everyone one of those coasters is placed on a track similar to the motocoaster track. Even the inverted train isn't sitting in an SLC type track. But, these are concepts, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Wow... two words I never thought I'd see typed in a posting together: Vekoma and awesome.

I have to say though, that I like the looks of those trains. Only, I shudder to think what would happen if Vekoma actually built anything in the realm of a megacoaster. *shudder*

Still, if they can make some strides forward in creating better overall ride experience and reduce the number of times people scream in pain on their rides... more power to them. It just makes it better for us.

Of course it is! I mean, look how Intamin started; Revolution (pain), Flashback (pain) and Iron Wolf...... and now look at them; kick a$$ speed coasters and rocket coasters. This could well be a turn in the right direction for Vekoma. Their early rides (such as the notorious 'Corkscrew with Bayerncurve') clearly sucked, but they showed potential in the way they designed everything. Sure, transitions were bumpy and painful, but its still more advanced than Arrow's typical straight-line efforts, particularly when used at speed (Vekoma ONLY JUST wins out here). But their more modern rides (Motorbikes, LSM coasters) are proving that they are definitely improving with experience, and Vekoma could be a theme park ride major in 5-10 years. I see Vekoma now like alot of people saw the up-and-coming Intamin AG and Bolliger & Mabillard in the late 80's; mediocre rides, but good potential. I would like to see how these new ideas pan out.

I don't think they would be as big as B&M and Intamin. I actually think MS and Gerstlauer will be the next top 2. I think Vekoma will keep on existing under the shadows of others

Do keep in mind that Vekoma already is larger then those companies, they have been building many many rides over the past years, but they remained a little in the shadows because the rides were not as extreme as the Intamins and Beemers, but that doesn't mean it isn't a valuable addition to the park.

All those junior and mine trains Vekoma built recently still kept them at the top IMO.

Vekoma's the little company that could Hopefully, it's just starting the hill to success and not on it's way to where Arrow is.

Vekoma is a already a trademark company, if you think about it. Anyone knows a Vekoma if you say Boomerang or (sometimes with a cring) SLC. They just haven't got the right engineers and ideas to put them up where they deserve. But, maybe with these new trains, they will get that credit. And I'm not too worried about a mega coaster by them. They're tracks ride a lot like Arrow's do (to me), and Magnum and Desperado are pretty decent.

Of course it is! I mean, look how Intamin started; Revolution (pain), Flashback (pain) and Iron Wolf...... and now look at them; kick a$$ speed coasters and rocket coasters. This could well be a turn in the right direction for Vekoma. Their early rides (such as the notorious 'Corkscrew with Bayerncurve') clearly sucked, but they showed potential in the way they designed everything. Sure, transitions were bumpy and painful, but its still more advanced than Arrow's typical straight-line efforts, particularly when used at speed (Vekoma ONLY JUST wins out here). But their more modern rides (Motorbikes, LSM coasters) are proving that they are definitely improving with experience, and Vekoma could be a theme park ride major in 5-10 years. I see Vekoma now like alot of people saw the up-and-coming Intamin AG and Bolliger & Mabillard in the late 80's; mediocre rides, but good potential. I would like to see how these new ideas pan out.

Maybe I'm missing something but isnt Revolution a Schwarzkopf and Iron Wolf a B & M?

Most people are saying they like these new trains. I don't. I think they should stick to their own signature style of train instead of copying B&M. Sure their will be subtle differences, such as the OTSR on the the "Mega Coaster." When people see a Vekoma, inverted, floorless, "mega", they might think its the same thing as B&M. And what happens when they get on? Then the next time they see a smooth riding, relatively enjoyable B&M they might be turned away from it.

Also, I think they should just stick with their signature look. Every designing company has a signature look. Just like all car companies have a signature look. B&M is famous for those big, bulky, 4 seats across and Vekoma's know for their 2 seaters. Whatever. Thats just my 2 sense.

^The point of the new trains are to eliminate the ":vekoma:"

The new OTSR's are just padded vests, that are not much different than a B&M Flyer. I think these new designs will be very enjoyable...

Three cheers Vekoma for trying to fix the hang-n-bang problem, and then going further with it!

I do agree that the invert trains are strikingly similar to the Bolliger and Mabillard trains, but there's not much you can do to get around a four-seat inverted coaster train. Even Gianolva's two-seater inverted train on Anaconda looks vaguely like B&M. Hey, if they're smooth, I won't complain.

And to quote Nicole and Derek's recent PTR @ Morey's Piers: "Dear Vekoma, please invent a train where all wheels touch the track at all times. Love, Nicole"

Also, I think they should just stick with their signature look. Every designing company has a signature look. Just like all car companies have a signature look. B&M is famous for those big, bulky, 4 seats across and Vekoma's know for their 2 seaters. Whatever. Thats just my 2 sense.

I'm pretty sure the only people who might possibly care about Vekoma stealing B&M & Intamin's signature "looks" will be coaster enthusiasts.

-Sean