TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I agree, Joker's Jinx is better than the impulse coasters.

Maybe this will force them to go back to the full power launch since the other models don't seem to have this issue.

What he said.

I will ride JJ again and maybe with shorter wait times now. Get WW up and running and get dining plan squared away (do the scan your card instead of lugging the bottles around and having to cubby them), do that path with a hand-me-down coaster for 2018. I'm good.

I'm not sure I could handle a Mako/ InvadR/ Valravn/ Cobras Curse type hype, construction update, and wait process. What Six Flags' coasters do we not already have clones of? I know we wouldn't be getting KK from Great Adventure but what are those other rides? Ideally a 48" coaster.

Let me start a little conspiracy theory. SFA rigged the JJ to stall to get publicity. The park was very full today. More than I've ever seen for spring break. Thank goodness for the two trains.

Of course I'm joking, no pun intended, about the theory. Had to put that out there. I know how some take things a LIL to seriously..lol

Let me start a little conspiracy theory. SFA rigged the JJ to stall to get publicity. The park was very full today. More than I've ever seen for spring break. Thank goodness for the two trains.

Of course I'm joking, no pun intended, about the theory. Had to put that out there. I know how some take things a LIL to seriously..lol

Yes indeed . . . . but surprised that they didn't bring out the second train for Batwing . . . .

Even though I doubt Joker's Jinx will be removed in the near future, and I'm still very skeptical about V2 being removed and sent here, an Impulse coaster would be a fitting replacement for a Spaghetti Bowl launch coaster. And in my opinion, it would be an upgrade! Just day dreaming, though.

Wtf. No it would not be a fitting replacement for a full circuit inverting coaster. Full Circuit>Shuttle. Never will an intamin impulse be better than a premier spaghetti bowl.

The Premier spaghetti bowl isn't that great unless it's in the dark like Flight of Fear. Not only is the Intamin launch much better but you get a real drop.

If they get they get rid of Jokers Jinx they better have a damn good replacement. The only thing out right now that could fill the gap if they got rid of it would be a Eurofighter or Wing Coaster.

Lest we forget- this is Dorne...err...SFA we're talking about here. I doubt Six Flags is ready to relocate Dare Devil Dive or X-Flight already.

Let's be honest: at least Dorney got good relocated coasters.

20170417_120655_resized_1.thumb.jpg.e65f409d0e23e9e3b34821e0c7e2ed19.jpg

JJ is back up and running.

Construction workers were standing in the rain looking at the spread out pieces of Wonder Woman like people that just unpacked IKEA furniture and laid out all the lettered pieces in piles.

I agree! All three Joker rides have long since been completed and are currently in their testing phase! Meanwhile this Starflyer continues to sit in pieces with no clear progress being made! I know Starflyer's can be put up in relatively short order, but this thing should not still be sitting around disassembled at this late date!

Even though I doubt Joker's Jinx will be removed in the near future, and I'm still very skeptical about V2 being removed and sent here, an Impulse coaster would be a fitting replacement for a Spaghetti Bowl launch coaster. And in my opinion, it would be an upgrade! Just day dreaming, though.

Wtf. No it would not be a fitting replacement for a full circuit inverting coaster. Full Circuit>Shuttle. Never will an intamin impulse be better than a premier spaghetti bowl.

The Premier spaghetti bowl isn't that great unless it's in the dark like Flight of Fear. Not only is the Intamin launch much better but you get a real drop.

Yeah, spaghetti bowls are good, but definitely prefer the impulse coasters I've been on. Also, Six Flags America doesn't even have a shuttle coaster, so it would fill another important spot in their lineup while still having a launched coaster. I didn't bother responding right away because the full circuit>shuttle comment just broke my brain. Yeah, let's replace all the impulse coasters with kiddie coasters and Pinfari loopers!

Yeah, spaghetti bowls are good, but definitely prefer the impulse coasters I've been on. Also, Six Flags America doesn't even have a shuttle coaster, so it would fill another important spot in their lineup while still having a launched coaster. I didn't bother responding right away because the full circuit>shuttle comment just broke my brain. Yeah, let's replace all the impulse coasters with kiddie coasters and Pinfari loopers!

I just feel like a spaghetti bowl coaster is a more complete ride. It has good forces, has a fairly long ride time, and has four inversions. Every time I get off an impulse coaster, I just can't but think "that was really it?" They are exciting, but are by no means better than a spaghetti bowl. I feel like if they sent you through a few times more, it would get boring since it is the same thing back and forth, but as it is it is really short. Maybe if they still had that cool holding brake on the vertical spike.

I agree! All three Joker rides have long since been completed and are currently in their testing phase! Meanwhile this Starflyer continues to sit in pieces with no clear progress being made! I know Starflyer's can be put up in relatively short order, but this thing should not still be sitting around disassembled at this late date!

Valleyfair had their Starflyer assembled within a month of its delivery.

They can even bring back the Two Face theme.

They can even bring back the Two Face theme.

If you take the GP into consideration, nobody is going to want to ride a rollercoaster that launches forwards and backwards several times. It's super repetitive and has no major gimmick to it like a 100 mph launch or 400 ft spike.