TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Did you know that Thunder Run at Canada's Wonderland, which is situated in and around Wonder Mountain, was previously located in a field elsewhere in the park?

Did you know that there are three things at Canada's Wonderland using the name "Backlot"? The Backlot Stunt Coaster, the Backlot Cafe restaurant, and "the backlot cafe" - the employee lunchroom.

Did you know that the train used on the Bat at Canada's Wonderland once belonged to Dragon Fire, the park's Arrow looper?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know that the area Disneyland sits on was once swampland?

That's Disneyworld. Disneyland was built on what was an orange grove.

I stand corrected.

"Did you know that Rhino Rally was the worlds first 3d coaster" (InsanityFreak)

Interesting...I never thought Rhino Rally was anything like a coaster. Since I've ridden it, can I count it as a credit?

Eric

Did you know that when Marriot's Great America in Santa Clara first opened in 1976 it was almost surrounded by nothing but farm land (not a bunch of office buildings like now) and when driving south bound on I 880 you could see the Sky Tower and Sky Whirl (Triple Wheel) from the freeway which was about 10 miles away. Now you could drive down Great America Parkway and go right by the park and not even see it!

Did you know...

Knott's Berry Farm used to have a Tilt-A-Whirl?

There are lots of bare boobies in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland?

The CircleVision film "American Journeys" was supposed to have a Disneyland scene that was actually filmed but not used in the final movie.

Deja Vu opened in October of 2001.

Demon was called Turn of the Century before, and originally had bunny hills instead of loops.

Iron Wolf was the first B&M ride, but using Intamin trains.

Batman the Ride was the first inverted coaster that started at Six Flags Great America.

The ball (Spaceship Earth) powers Future World in EPCOT. I think those are solar panels on it.

They couldn't put any Disney characters in EPCOT, so the imagineers decided to put hidden Mickey's in some of the attractions. Thankfully, this has changed as Disney has become a little wiser over the years. It spread to the other parks.

Spaceship Earth used to have a naked breast statue girl, but now they covered it up when they renovated it. Boo!

There are 12 monorail colors at Disney World. They are gold, green, lime, blue, silver, red, neon yellow, purple, magenta, orange, pink, black (with red line) There are 4 per line with 3 lines. Disneyland only has one line, and the monorails are much smaller. I think the pink one looks like magenta, and sometimes they call the pink one I call, coral instead of pink.

So, they call the official ones pink, and coral, or what I call magenta (instead of pink), and pink (instead of coral).

Pirates of the Carribean California: Theoretical 3114 guests an hour

Operational Standard Capacity: 2900 guests an hour

Pirates of the Carribean: Florida: 3500 capacity

Disneyland's Capacity:

Mr. Toad: 685

It’s a Small World: 3200

Snow White: 1014

Space Mountain: 1700

Alice in Wonderland: 800

The ball (Spaceship Earth) powers Future World in EPCOT. I think those are solar panels on it.

NO. NO. NO.

Universe of Energy has solar panels that power IT. Nothing else. Spaceship Earth doesn't power any of EPCOT.

Searching Wikipedia is a bad idea.

"Spaceship Earth doesn't power any of EPCOT.

Oh, but it does power most of North Georgia. Last month's power bill was ridiculous!

So, they call the official ones pink, and coral, or what I call magenta (instead of pink), and pink (instead of coral).

So if the official colors are Pink and Coral, then they're Pink and Coral.

Did you know that each monorail car's air conditioner is powerful enough to cool a three bedroom house?

The Lime and Coral trains can be distinguished from Green and Pink by the white "deltas" on the colored stripe

There are seven generations of US Disney Monorails

Marks I, II, and III all operated at Disneyland. They had the signature "bubble" that the driver would sit in

Mark IV's operated at WDW until the 80's. When the VI's rolled in, Disney sold many of them to the Las Vegas Monorail. Two operated in Vegas for a few years, until the new expansion opened. They originally had five cars in each train, but later lengthened to six

Ex-Disney Mark IV trains in Vegas. Photo from The Monorail Society

Mark V's currently operate at Disneyland, but are being phased out to be converted to Mark VII's

Mark VI's make up the current WDW fleet. They are different from the Mark IV's in that they have standing room and double doors

Mark VII's are being rolled out at Disneyland with a retro color scheme

The Tokyo monorails are a completely different system and are built to Japanese standards.