TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robbie Knievel to jump 24 Coke trucks at KI!

Thirty-three years ago, on October 25, 1975, Evel Knievel made history when he successfully jumped over 14 Greyhound buses at Kings Island. The jump was the last big jump of the legendary stuntman’s career, and one of his most notable. In fact, the jump at Kings Island set a new audience viewing record for ABC’s Wide World of Sports, with a 22.3 rating and 52 percent share – a record that still stands today.

Motorcycle daredevil ‘Kaptain’ Robbie Knievel, the son of Evel Knievel, will attempt to surpass his father’s famous jump with a death-defying, spectacular jump over 24 Coke Zero trucks May 24, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. at Kings Island. The jump at Kings Island is expected to be the last big jump of Knievel’s 37-year daredevil riding career.

“This jump will forever link Kings Island and the Knievel family,” said Greg Scheid, Kings Island’s vice president and general manager. “This special event reflects our commitment to providing our guests with one-of-a-kind thrills with fantastic family entertainment. What a way for our park to jump into the 2008 season!”

The event will be included free with park admission or season pass.

Knievel has completed more than 250 jumps in his career. The ‘Kaptain’ is best known for his live television performances including the Building-to-Building Jump in Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon Jump, and has thrilled millions of fans around the world. During the summer of 2005, he had his own television show on A&E called Knievel’s Wild Ride. In 2006, he opened a new business called Knievel’s Custom Cycles, based in Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey. In 2007, he was inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of Fame in Sturgis, South Dakota.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Psh, Coke Zero.. I don't care what they say it does NOT taste the same.

This is interesting, kind of a bummer for Six Flags St. Louis, but stuff happens.

Edit: Interesting that they are a Coke brand and not Pepsi, since Pepsi is the "official soft drink of Cedar Fair". Or do the Paramount parks still serve Coke?

Robbie Kenivel is a jack@$$. I remember when he jumped "over" the Grand Canyon (more like the part that was only 100 feet wide) and then crashed on the other side and broke his leg. After that he didn't talk to any reporters or any cameras and just went into his trailor. He's really not in it for the fans, he's in it for the money. When Evil Kenevil went down he would at least give a wave to the fans or a thumbs up. Robbie is just a flat out jerk.

I hope a Pepsi truck comes out of no where and it ends up being the last truck on the line and then Robbie won't clear it. I hope he crashes. What better way to end a career than crash.

Side note...not going to King's Island that day because it will be crowded with tons of bikers and rednecks.

Jimmy "I hate Robbie Kenivel" Bo

I wonder if Cedar Fair set this up so to take away from the coaster at SF in St louis's publicity. Anybody know when the coaster is supposed to open. It would be ironic if the coaster opens in the same week as the jump is made.

I think if that were the case, they'd try to get him to jump a little closer to St. Louis, like Worlds of Fun, instead of a different demographic. But then again, I'm no business major.

Looks like a nice draw for the GP, so I'll let them have fun at that while I wait for more pics of those footers in the empty Swan Lake...and then covered track in the parking lot...then supports...then...

Robbie Kenivel is a jack@$$. I remember when he jumped "over" the Grand Canyon (more like the part that was only 100 feet wide) and then crashed on the other side and broke his leg. After that he didn't talk to any reporters or any cameras and just went into his trailor. He's really not in it for the fans, he's in it for the money. When Evil Kenevil went down he would at least give a wave to the fans or a thumbs up. Robbie is just a flat out jerk.

I hope a Pepsi truck comes out of no where and it ends up being the last truck on the line and then Robbie won't clear it. I hope he crashes. What better way to end a career than crash.

Side note...not going to King's Island that day because it will be crowded with tons of bikers and rednecks.

Jimmy "I hate Robbie Kenivel" Bo

*begin small clap*

*and the crowd begins to stand*

*leading the crescendo to*

*APPLAUSE*

I saw that Grand Canyon jump.

LOL

I'd rather Kings Island get a GCII called "Evel Knievel" than have his son jump over some trucks at an event that's free to anyone inside the park. UGH. Free events tend to bring out the worst in people and the park that day will be atrociously crowded.

Well then, if CF is really pushing nostalgia for their ownership; I guess this is why. Like father, like son; go to Kings Island to jump things as a publicity stunt.

I think one of the local news links JZ posted in his thread had the park manager said "...the park is going to be like when the Brady Bunch were here."