TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I hope they change the color of the trains. Orange trains on blue track would be an extreme eyesore.

Are you aware that: blue and orange ARE complimentary colors, AND, there is a roller coaster right across the park with a blue and orange color scheme?

I hope they change the color of the trains. Orange trains on blue track would be an extreme eyesore.

Are you aware that: blue and orange ARE complimentary colors, AND, there is a roller coaster right across the park with a blue and orange color scheme?

Also, the track isn't blue. It's black. The supports are blue though.

I don't think this has been posted yet, but I never truly realized how much interaction Comet and Skyrush will be having.

ADMIN EDIT - LINK REMOVED! Cameras are NOT allowed on coasters at Hersheypark. Do not post illegal footage on TPR or your account may be banned.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm a member of All American Thrills, and have heard over there that it's looking like monday is the day for testing

And I think this thing is going to 1) haul a$$ and 2) have some MAJOR ejector air

I might not be a member of AAT, but that's sheer gossip- and really unwarranted at that.

The ride will test when HP wants to test it- whether it be Monday, Thursday or Sunday. Idle speculation about when it will test does nobody any good at all- HP has not released any date specific towards testing yet.

Ok

And Queer, I disagree with you. I don't see it as unwarranted gossip, I'm just trying to speculate. And after all, isn't that pretty much what this thread is about at this point, speculation???

No hard feelings, i just disagree

It's about following the construction of a coaster, not speculation. Speculation is making a prediction off of no evidence. Just becuase the ride has the trains on and is together doesn't mean that it's certain that testing will happen on Monday. In the end, it can confuse people.

Anyways, they were testing the motor yesterday (the drum wasn't moving though). It kind of sounded like an RC car.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=3514264488832

Ok

And Queer, I disagree with you. I don't see it as unwarranted gossip, I'm just trying to speculate. And after all, isn't that pretty much what this thread is about at this point, speculation???

No hard feelings, i just disagree

It's about following the construction of a coaster, not speculation. Speculation is making a prediction off of no evidence. Just becuase the ride has the trains on and is together doesn't mean that it's certain that testing will happen on Monday. In the end, it can confuse people.

spec·u·la·tion

noun

1. the contemplation or consideration of some subject.

2. a single instance or process of consideration.

3. a conclusion or opinion reached by such contemplation: These speculations are impossible to verify.

4. conjectural consideration of a matter; conjecture or surmise: a report based on speculation rather than facts.

5. engagement in business transactions involving considerable risk but offering the chance of large gains, especially trading in commodities, stocks, etc., in the hope of profit from changes in the market price.

^that's the definition straight out of the dictionary

and another:

speculate

— vb

1. to conjecture without knowing the complete facts

not "nothing at all", just not the complete facts

This is sort of one of those things that cannot be unseen, unheard, or unlearned... Like listening for a laugh track on a prime time sitcom...

Orange and Blue are great colors in contrast. Most advertising uses it in some way...

Here are a few movie posters:

As for the coaster, will be interesting to see how they split the lines for the seats.The concept of two types of trains in one seems great on paper, but I can't help but think it will be an operational nightmare. Think of a theatre of some sort at a theme park and how everyone plops down right in the middle despite pleas to move to the ends of the rows x 1,000,000,000

I'm going to play the devil's advocate for a minute here: It seems as if the new opinion that any speculation or guessing is highly frowned upon, something which I do not understand and quite frankly I find ironic that a coaster enthusiast site dislikes it when people hype up a coaster before it opens. I thought the point of TPR was to discuss everyone's passion for coasters past, present and future, and not just purely be a news forum for reporting new additions to parks. The same thing goes for times when I saw a lot of people getting bashed by talking about why some engineering process was done for the design of the ride, like in regards to speculating on what the return route for Skyrush's lift cable would be. Of course a lot of us aren't engineers, and only a select few of us are in the amusement industry, but that shouldn't exclude the majority of the members from participating in the conversation. Frankly, I enjoy speculating, or at least educated guessing, as I find it a lot of fun trying to determine the methodology of the engineers.

And judging from the ride, it is fairly compact, and El Toro HAULS when the hills are only 2/3 the height of the lift, all these hills are less than half the height of the lift. There are also no trims, so despite the fact that we don't have any easy way to calculate the velocity of the trains and the radii of the hills, I think it's safe to say that there will be a high probability that ejector airtime will be all over the place.

It's not like we're a panel of jury members deciding the fate of a person who is on trial, so as long as no flame wars or similar are started, I honestly see no issue with speculation.

I've been quiet about this for a while, but now I think it would be a good time to step on my soap box and give my €0.0150840938

As for the coaster, will be interesting to see how they split the lines for the seats.The concept of two types of trains in one seems great on paper, but I can't help but think it will be an operational nightmare. Think of a theatre of some sort at a theme park and how everyone plops down right in the middle despite pleas to move to the ends of the rows x 1,000,000,000

Does ANYONE use the search function anymore? Come on guys!

I can confirm from our tour in January that the four people per row will board all at once, with no separate queuing for the winged seats.
You'll line up like a normal coaster, four people will walk through the air gates and they'll take their seats. Just like any four-across coaster. So you just have to battle it out with your friends for who gets which seat!
Im 99.9% sure this has been covered several times before, but there will just be one queue for each row, just like any other normal coaster. You'll board normally just like any other coaster. And just like with any other coaster, there will be people who prefer the outside, and people who think it's "safer" to sit in the inside seats.

You know, I've heard that they're going to give everyone on the far-right seats jet packs so they can fly over the station, through the transfer area, and into their seats. Then, they're going to make the people who want to sit in the inside seats participate in a curling game to determine who sits on the left and who sits on the right. The far-left seat will then be reserved for the person in the group who is too much of a chicken to don a jet pack and they will be forced to wear a chicken helmet for the entire ride.

You know, I've heard that they're going to give everyone on the far-right seats jet packs so they can fly over the station, through the transfer area, and into their seats. Then, they're going to make the people who want to sit in the inside seats participate in a curling game to determine who sits on the left and who sits on the right. The far-left seat will then be reserved for the person in the group who is too much of a chicken to don a jet pack and they will be forced to wear a chicken helmet for the entire ride.

THIS!

I'm going to play the devil's advocate for a minute here: It seems as if the new opinion that any speculation or guessing is highly frowned upon, something which I do not understand and quite frankly I find ironic that a coaster enthusiast site dislikes it when people hype up a coaster before it opens. I thought the point of TPR was to discuss everyone's passion for coasters past, present and future, and not just purely be a news forum for reporting new additions to parks. The same thing goes for times when I saw a lot of people getting bashed by talking about why some engineering process was done for the design of the ride, like in regards to speculating on what the return route for Skyrush's lift cable would be. Of course a lot of us aren't engineers, and only a select few of us are in the amusement industry, but that shouldn't exclude the majority of the members from participating in the conversation. Frankly, I enjoy speculating, or at least educated guessing, as I find it a lot of fun trying to determine the methodology of the engineers.

I agree, but I think a lot of people reading the site just get sick of so many people posting their opinions like they have so much authority on the matter. Seriously, it amazes me how many people on this site have engineering degrees!

With that said, I certainly don't think there's anything wrong with saying "I heard it might start testing Monday", and then referencing the site you heard it from. Being called out for that is a little ridiculous, IMO at least.

Speculation is absolutely fine and welcome on Theme Park Review. Attacking or flaming other members is not, however.

spec·u·la·tion

noun

1. the contemplation or consideration of some subject.

2. a single instance or process of consideration.

3. a conclusion or opinion reached by such contemplation: These speculations are impossible to verify.

4. conjectural consideration of a matter; conjecture or surmise: a report based on speculation rather than facts.

5. engagement in business transactions involving considerable risk but offering the chance of large gains, especially trading in commodities, stocks, etc., in the hope of profit from changes in the market price.

^that's the definition straight out of the dictionary

and another:

speculate

— vb

1. to conjecture without knowing the complete facts

not "nothing at all", just not the complete facts

You are seriously on thin ice. You have already flamed another member on this board, been warned about it, and now you make a smart-ass post like this. For the record, I don't have a problem with your initial post. It has been your reaction and posts since then. Please take a step back and refrain from making obnoxious posts in the future or your account will be suspended. If you need a reminder take a look at the site's TOS here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177#p177 You have broken a number of them in a matter of 24 hours...

Now, let's please move on. The coaster will be testing soon, we all know that. Get excited!

-Eric (Site Moderator)

Edited by ernierocker

Does ANYONE use the search function anymore? Come on guys!

I can confirm from our tour in January that the four people per row will board all at once, with no separate queuing for the winged seats.
You'll line up like a normal coaster, four people will walk through the air gates and they'll take their seats. Just like any four-across coaster. So you just have to battle it out with your friends for who gets which seat!
Im 99.9% sure this has been covered several times before, but there will just be one queue for each row, just like any other normal coaster. You'll board normally just like any other coaster. And just like with any other coaster, there will be people who prefer the outside, and people who think it's "safer" to sit in the inside seats.

Why the attitude, high horse, and mocking?

What you're quoting and what I said still basically applies; having people "fight it out" is going to cause more drama than it is probably worth. Groups are not always large enough to fill a 4 across row, and I can almost guarantee you that you will see groups of two bickering and slowing up the line because they all want the edge seats.

You needn't post the "disclaimer" as I've seen it and understand it. What I do not get is why there seems to be an increase in "hostility," for lack of a better term, when everyone here is just trying to discuss a hobby/passion of theirs. I am very sorry that I am unable to commit 380+ pages of posts on this topic to memory that things may become cyclical...

I think that the original post had nothing to do with "will they load the winged seats from different rows?" Hopefully we all understand that has been covered and complained about several times...I don't think it was understood as the post was a bit unclear, and I think the long posts bashing people not using the search function are starting to get more annoying and unnecessary than the actual posts; even though the last part of the post was funny.

What I'm sure Jay20016 was actually trying to say is something I have been considering myself. If a group of 2 and a group of 2 are in the same line and the first group of 2 takes the middle seats, the next group will walk up and say "aww we can't sit together." I know having worked at a B&M coaster that some people of the GP have a strange unwillingness to move to outer seats, and I feel the floorless nature of the outer seats on Skyrush will make them that much more unwilling to sit in them. A more common concern is getting to sit next to the person you are riding with, and seeing as the two inner seats are more 'next to each other' than middle/outer seats, I can see how people would just plop themselves down in those two seats right away and not care about another group of 2 who want to sit together.

Now, let's please move on. The coaster will be testing soon, we all know that. Get excited!

I know I am! I hope HP posts a video as well, and hopefully an on-ride POV too! It would most certainly get me pumped to ride it this summer considering I haven't been to HP since '08 and I really miss the place

Honestly, all this talk about speculation, flaming, mocking, etc plus the fact that it's all going down in this particular thread makes me even more excited to get down and ride this beast on opening day.