TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Nothing beats it's first season though. I talked my daughter into riding it (Oh just get on it has no loops) but I still remember while she was screaming "DADDY DADDY DADDDDDDYY", I was thinking "Jesus Christ if I'm scared as hell, what is she thinking????"

A little late...just catching up on stuff, but this has to be the best thing I have read in a long time!!!!! I am sorry if I laugh to hard at this, but this is me up and down. I have a 9 year old that is still scared of coasters and we drug her on the sooperdooperLooper for her first "big girl" ride and she freaked out. Best day of my life!!!!

No worries! I probably could have stated how I know. But I saw A retweet from the ALT page that it will be openand they are usually pretty accurate. I didn't directly quote it cause I believe it's one of those "forbidden" sites here. In the future, anytime I post something like that I mean it. I am not a huge fan of people who make up stuff to stir the pot

I'm also sad that Storm Runner did not end up getting the new restraints, although I'm not sad for myself, I am for other people since they don't bother me.

EDIT: Also Hersheypark Twitter confirmed it so all is well

I was considering trying to hit Hershey tomorrow. We bought our Springtime tickets last weekend but did not get to use them. In looking at the mobile app, it seems that all the rides are currently closed. Anyone have any insight as to why or if going tomorrow would be a bad idea?

I was considering going tomorrow but the high of only 48 degrees is what is stopping me from trying to get there. That might be too cold for some of the coasters to run and the 6:00 closing doesn't give a lot of time if rides are closed in the morning because of the temperature (if it got warmer in the afternoon).

I was considering going tomorrow but the high of only 48 degrees is what is stopping me from trying to get there. That might be too cold for some of the coasters to run

Is Hershey really that ridiculous? 48 degrees is a problem?

Yes it is

That's ridiculous. Even Cedar Point which has the worst weather policy of any park ever runs the coasters at 40 degrees. I know they ran Wildcat and SDL for Christmas so I assume this is just for Great Bear / Farenheit / Skyrush and Storm Runner? What's the limit? If someone says 50 degrees I may die laughing.

You are correct in that the three Intamin's do not begin testing until the temperature is either 46° or 48°. Wooden Coasters, SDL, Great Bear and Sidewinder are a bit lower from what I remember. But they strictly follow that for the Intamin's at the very least

You are correct in that the three Intamin's do not begin testing until the temperature is either 46° or 48°. Wooden Coasters, SDL, Great Bear and Sidewinder are a bit lower from what I remember. But they strictly follow that for the Intamin's at the very least

that's unreal. Well I guess we'll avoid Hershey in every season but summer.

Well I guess we'll avoid Hershey in every season but summer.

Generally I haven't had any issues going during Spring and the earlier part of Autumn. When you get closer to Halloween it can get a little iffy but I haven't had a "bad experience" in either season yet.

Despite freezing temperatures this morning some friends and I headed up to the park knowing not everything would probably be open today. I was shocked that by the time we got to the park at 1pm ish it was just a little over 40 degrees out and all the coasters except fahrenheit and lightening racers were operating.

Despite freezing temperatures this morning some friends and I headed up to the park knowing not everything would probably be open today. I was shocked that by the time we got to the park at 1pm ish it was just a little over 40 degrees out and all the coasters except fahrenheit and lightening racers were operating.

I was shocked as well too as the park says that they don't open many of the coasters if it is below 50 degrees. Eventually even all the Intamins opened including Skyrush, which got new darker blue restraints (the same as last years but just a different color).

Elsewhere in the park there are some new ice cream items such as king-sized 32oz milkshakes for $13.99. There's a S'mores with a full-sized S'mores on it, Reese's with a piece of cheesecake on top, and Hershey's. For springtime, they had a limited edition one that had a stick of cotton candy and sugar cookie on top. Over at Chocolate World, they are also selling a huge sundae that has chocolate-cover bacon, chocolate-covered strawberries, pretzel rods and tons of who knows what else in a large light-up souvenir mug for $24.95.

12494723_10208121471488055_2931041548669513846_n.jpg.2e8bcd6f89cf52e356742c5579eafa3b.jpg

Enough ice cream for you?

12974444_10208121471448054_8028709909280436146_n.jpg.fabee33b46d9983312544cff9a5b3232.jpg

How about now?

I think it's funny how they always stress that items will fall out of pockets on SkyRush. When I went last summer, I had everything in the two non-closing side pockets of my shorts and nothing fell out.

You lucked out. People lose stuff on Skyrush constantly. You're playing the slot machine every time, three cherries come up and you're out one wallet.

The family and I will be going to Hershey for 2 hours on Friday, then all day Saturday and Sunday. I have a few questions.

Which rides should I go to at opening for the 2 days?

How would the crowds be?

How long are the lines on average and what's usually the longest line?

Is there a specific way to go about riding the rides?

I'd like to ride all the coasters, including the kiddie coaster, so any plan would be helpful. Thanks!

^ Not sure how the crowds will be, but it could get busy given that it is going to be nice and sunny all weekend with mild temps (mid 60's).

My advice would be to hit Fahrenheit first as that line always seems to move a little slow - it usually has one of the longer lines in the park too. If you like flat rides, hit The Claw while you are over there because loading times are insanely slow for that one.

After that, you could opt to go back to Comet Hollow and knock off Skyrush, Great Bear and The Comet, or my recommendation would be to go towards the Boardwalk and hit up Laff Trak and the Wild Mouse - two more lower capacity rides.

I am actually contemplating going myself this weekend after taking a peek at the weather forecast. We are heading to Virginia, so that is sort of on the way to where we are headed. Could be a good mid-way stop for us.

We contemplated hitting up Dollywood, but I'd rather wait for LR to open before we venture down there.

Edit - I just checked to see about purchasing tickets with my Club TPR membership on Tickets At Work, but they apparently have not posted the discounts for Hershey as their webpage just says "See you Spring 2016".

With that being said, is there anywhere besides the resort where you can pick up discount tix? I assume that one of the local supermarkets might carry them?