TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Guys...everyone that goes to the park isn't gaga over roller coasters. I understand their sentiment a little. If I paid to get the more expensive pass specifically for the parking perk I would be upset. A shiny new coaster won't shut up a mother of 3 kids under 48inches tall...let's think outside of the coaster box every once and a while...

Guys...everyone that goes to the park isn't gaga over roller coasters. I understand their sentiment a little. If I paid to get the more expensive pass specifically for the parking perk I would be upset. A shiny new coaster won't shut up a mother of 3 kids under 48inches tall...let's think outside of the coaster box every once and a while...

But at the same time if you read the pass holder benefits it just says enjoy free parking. It never said anything about a enjoying a designated parking lot your still getting what you paid for FREE PARKING....i dnt believe other cedar parks have a desiganted area carowinds just spoiled its holders now that it's taken away for a season they're pissed other parks including cedar fair parks have "preferred parking" at $25 or more. You're walking all day already smh

I would think, based on previous examples of large coaster projects, we should see work begin by mid to late summer. That would be when the park starts teasing about the new ride.

Being that carowinds have also installed new flat screens in all the quene lines this year i'm sure they'll be teaser all over the tvs

But at the same time if you read the pass holder benefits it just says enjoy free parking. It never said anything about a enjoying a designated parking lot your still getting what you paid for FREE PARKING....i dnt believe other cedar parks have a desiganted area carowinds just spoiled its holders now that it's taken away for a season they're pissed other parks including cedar fair parks have "preferred parking" at $25 or more. You're walking all day already smh

I'm sure if I read the site now it wl say just that. I'm alsoaure they would have changed the verbiage to reflect their fb post before posting it. Do all the season pass tiers offer free parking?

Ok...well when I was a season pass holder years ago the pass lot was right by the south gate. I remember it moved by hurler. If I were still a pass holder it wouldnt matter to me but you know how the public is...

To each his own. Personally, while I still like Apollo's Chariot and Griffon at BGW, and inverts such as the Batman clones and Afterburn at Carowinds, most of the newer B&Ms have been, well, just average rides (Hair Raiser at Ocean Park in Hong Kong is an exception). As an example, I was pretty much done with Gatekeeper after riding it twice at Cedar Point in June; however, I would've been quite happy to ride Maverick and Millennium Force all day.

Amen.

Carowinds just announced waht's going in that big lot in front of Intimidator.

"Food news Friday! There's a big project underway in front of The Intimidator, we're excited to announce Harmony Hall Marketplace, a new dining and entertainment destination with an open food court design, tons of delicious dining options, and live shows daily!"

People commenting on the news on Facebook are of course, stupidly annoyed as usual. And people are pissed that GR8 SK8 may be gone. Kings Dominion people don't whine this much. Must be something in the Charlotte water...

Carowinds just announced waht's going in that big lot in front of Intimidator.

"Food news Friday! There's a big project underway in front of The Intimidator, we're excited to announce Harmony Hall Marketplace, a new dining and entertainment destination with an open food court design, tons of delicious dining options, and live shows daily!"

People commenting on the news on Facebook are of course, stupidly annoyed as usual. And people are pissed that GR8 SK8 may be gone. Kings Dominion people don't whine this much. Must be something in the Charlotte water...

People will always find something to complain about!! I look at it as they're giving more food options or housing some of the repeated food concession for future flat ride expansions and attrations. I also heard theyre relocating chick fil la and theres also a permit for dockside fries this year as well and of course chickies and petes will be replacing outer hanks in the boardwalk section. Im excited just for the food lol

Must be something in the Charlotte water...

Carowinds is within the 10 mile evacuation zone of Catawba 1 and 2 nuclear power station, you can see its steam while riding Windseeker.

McGuire 1 and 2 (nuke) is just north of Charlotte, I don't know if the lake it is on is where Charlotte gets its drinking water.

I've heard that Carowinds used to mention the evacuation potential in its park flyer, but when I was there two years ago there was not any mention.

I liked Afterburn, thought it was great. Intimidator is my least favorite of the B&M speed coasters in the USA. Very smooth but not very exciting. Vortex was OK and the rest of their coasters were forgettable. I hope their Leviathan clone next year will be better than not-so-intimidator.

I am glad that cedar fair is making an effort to hold on to or bring back the original charms that once lived at carowinds. Harmony Hall is the old original saloon style theater that opened with the park but was later transformed into the now boo blasters. It's good they brought the name back for the food complex.

Now if they would bring some flat rides from the past back like. Wild Bull, Whirling Dervish and the original Flying Dutchman.

Wild Bull was a Schwarzkopf Bayern Kurve. Very few of those left, and the company doesn't exist anymore. Really no way they can bring that back without sending California's Great America's one to Carowinds. Whirling Dervish was sent to Great America about a decade ago and Carowinds got a Yo-Yo (one that doesn't actually yo-yo like it's supposed to) in it's place. Doubt that's gonna change either. Flying Dutchman... those are still made, but why would you want it? The Balloon Race ride in the kids area runs on the same idea. And the ride is boring as hell. How about a Vekoma Mad House to remind people of Blackbeard's Revenge? Oh, and Oaken Bucket, Surfer, etc aren't coming back either. They don't make those anymore. Haven't in decades. Only like 3 parks in America have Rotors now and I believe Surfer was one of a kind in America. Insurance would never allow that ride nowdays.