TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I'd ride Vortex if I got absolutely everything done and I really feel like being a credit whore, since I don't really do stand-ups.

You'll ride it, because it's two convenient not to. You'll pass right by it multiple times with an absolutely empty queue. It's too tempting not to get the credit.

One of the downfalls of the park is that there aren't a lot of good non-coaster rides, including the absence of a train or a log flume.

I don't like flyers and I don't like Firehawk, but Nighthawk wasn't bad during my one and only ride. It's worth a try and the setting is nice.

WHETT!!!!!!!!??? You dont like flyers?? One of the only flyers you willing snap with no punishment at that?

No no no. What I meant is that I don't like flying coasters. As far as flyer flats, I don't really care about them.

I hope it's pieces aren't sitting out in the sun somewhere

Do you think they're going to put a giant tarp over it every night after it's built?

Well, they do have a giant tarp over it now...

So you never know.

They'll call it "Tarp Scan" when it is announced and opens! Sure, some fading has occurred on Shockwave at Canada's Wonderland but, that took years for that to happen. The park touches up the paint every so often so it always looks good. The only time there will be tarps on the ride is possibly during the off-season over the ride's seat rows as that is what happens to Shockwave at Canada's Wonderland during the off-season. Does anyone have any idea what Carowinds will call their Top Scan? Hopefully the name is unique and one that hasn't been used on any other Top Scan.

Here's the video below. I'm glad to see that Carowinds has finally started teasing their "new" vintage/retro rides which are coming to the park next year by taking clips from news articles in order to produce this video! This is definitely a neat way of marketing these rides to visitors!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Here's the video below. I'm glad to see that Carowinds has finally started teasing their "new" vintage/retro rides which are coming to the park next year by taking clips from news articles in order to produce this video! This is definitely a neat way of marketing these rides to visitors!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

You got to remember there's always more to the story lol (thanks for fixing it btw)

I've had bad luck with weather this trip. Just got to Carowinds and get caught in this....

that sucks. Maybe it'll go away at some point. I had generally good luck with weather on my trip but my luck ended with our day at Dollywood being the first day after the RMC part recall. Should've gone to Carowinds instead

I had my first ride on Fury last Friday and....omg it was fantastic! Really, I think it's a top 5 steel coaster in the US. The first drop was long, the positive g's were surprisingly strong, and the negative g's beginning with the turnaround were also quite strong. I certainly don't have a B&M agenda, but I don't see how anyone can classify the air on this thing as less than ejector. This and Banshee are their best projects in a very long time, IMO.

I also rode I305, Skyrush, Superman (SFNE), & Wicked Cyclone (amazing!) on the same trip and I would put Fury ahead of Skyrush and slightly ahead of I305....and way ahead of Millennium Force. Just an all around fantastic ride!

While going up the lift for fury, I was able to see all the parts for the music express ride. Any idea where they are going to put the new rides?

They can pretty much put them anywhere they choose, as this park has lot's of space in the majority of it's areas. This park also has quite alot of vacant land on the front which is nothing but an open flat field as you drive to the ticket booths. My guess is that they will spice up Thrill Zone with some of them, as the only things over there with Fury (which is enough to call it Thrill Zone) are Hurler and the drop tower. There's alot of blank canvas to work with in that part of the park. Some of the new flats will be right at home there. IMO

I figure a refurbished country fair and they will probably pull out the yo yo and replace it with the wave swinger... better ride, better capacity.

The video makes it look like even more surprises are in store... maybe even more rides are coming...

My Thoughts:

Planet snoopy

Breakdance

County Fair

Musik Express

Wave Swinger

RFD Section

Troika in front of White water Falls where the mini golf was

Thrill Zone

Top Scan

Possible Surprises

Park Infrastructure

Mondial Frisbee

Floorless Conversion to Vortex

Light packages to existing flat rides

^I think the "extra surprise" would probably be renovated infrastructure and some more landscaping to some areas. Kind of like what Kings Dominion did to candy apple grove, or something less extensive like Cedar Point's Gemini midway. I think the predicted areas for the flat ride additions will be accurate, but I'm not sure if they will upgrade Vortex.

I don't how I left it out when I was thinking of it, but yes I think it maybe some midway overhauling in the county fair section or even along the area of where Cobra is the RFD section. As for Vortex it is a stretch to think it will happen this year considering CA is "suppose" to convert their's for 2017.

I don't how I left it out when I was thinking of it, but yes I think it maybe some midway overhauling in the county fair section or even along the area of where Cobra is the RFD section. As for Vortex it is a stretch to think it will happen this year considering CA is "suppose" to convert their's for 2017.

I still think it would be a lot less expensive to convert them to regular sit downs vs converting them to floorless trains.