TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NoLimits Coaster News!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

As am I. Hell, I'd be happy for *anything* at this point. The project has been dark for nearly two months now, so it's a bit distressing that not even a two minute update can be thrown together. Regardless, I have faith that it'll be released sometime this year, judging by how complete the last update was looking.

As am I. Hell, I'd be happy for *anything* at this point. The project has been dark for nearly two months now, so it's a bit distressing that not even a two minute update can be thrown together. Regardless, I have faith that it'll be released sometime this year, judging by how complete the last update was looking.

You have to realize that Ole only posts stuff when there is stuff to post. He is working on it and it will eventually be released, but he is basically working on it in his spare time (it seems). I am not eorried about it, he has been spending so much time developing this game that to not finish it would be such a waste.

Oh, I know how far Ole is stretched with this project, and I give him a lot of credit. Hell, it takes an age just to make something in the program, I don't even want to think about how long it would take to program it! Perhaps "distressed" wasn't the best choice of words though, I was just trying to say that it's been a while and I'm curious to see if the game has gotten any farther along or if we're looking at another pushback.

Ole was originally pining for a Spring 2010 release, but due to his ill health and other matters of life, things get pushed back, He's also the only programmer working on the software, which means that he's solely in charge of implementing new features, new trains & all the small physics features you see.

What people don't seem to understand is just how complicated certain aspects of this application are. He's no longer going for a simple game that enthusiasts will use. He's developing the worlds most graphically and physically accurate roller coaster simulation. Details such as the rotation of the wheel bogey's on the trains, the multiple texture levels on the track, and the increased detail on all the trains are what will set this software apart.

Programming things like the rotation of the bogey's and creating these high detail landscapes and scenes don't come easily. You're talking about hundreds of thousands of lines of code to create what you see. Not only this, but there are other things that he's considering. Such as those who have slightly lower end pc's. Optimising the software to be used by as many people as possible isn't easy. I know, I'm a programmer.

Then there's the train development and modelling, which is currently done by Kevin & Tom. Tom does the modelling for all the trains, track components (brakes, transport wheels, etc.) and Kevin does all the high detail textures that you see in the program. It's not an easy task for such a small team to create. He's basically creating one of the worlds most powerful roller coaster applications, it doesn't happen over night. Patience is a virtue. I for one wish Ole all the best with the project and hope that he realises just how much we appreciate all of his hard work.

• 1 month later...

Ole Lange and his team is posting update of the development on this page: http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news

I am proud to show new screenshots from NoLimits2. The underground tunnels are done and working nicely. One will be able to create tunnels through terrain and even below water. It is even possible to create tunnels right through the water. Also the Dive-Machine is done. The Dive-Machine will be one of the new coaster-styles that will be introduced in NL2. We recreated the ten-seats across floorless version. Tom and Kevin did a great job in recreating the trains, while I was working in parallel on the engine to support the new train features. First of all the train bogeys will now work like the real thing. I implemented a true A-steering (German: Achsschenkellenkung) bogey simulation. That means the left and right parts of the bogey will perfectly follow the track and will rotate independently in all axes. This can be seen on the first screenshot. The true A-steering simulation will make NoLimits2 move ahead into realism and leave the status of a game behind.

It looks VERY nice i'm blown away by the graphics and details, and considering it's still in development it's unbelieveble! I like so far!

Some pics from the latest update:

MOD Edit: I thought this would be more appropriate in the Games Forum- thus it's here now! - R.D.

nl2_5_2.thumb.jpg.58faa137ec240c61929b4204469a9539.jpg

Look at the details on the track and the train!

nl2_5_5.thumb.jpg.4a6b7a031dd4b56f2d7b52c89882f25f.jpg

Look how the track is getting darker as it goes further into the tunnel.

nl2_5_3.thumb.jpg.976bc90d1b65be9555f4b685f7eff866.jpg

The details is so incrideble!

nl2_5_1.thumb.jpg.0c9d099b36f2b8ce2d29a2ce6fb9d93c.jpg

The bogey simulation.

Edited by QueerRudie

Yeah, the detailing for this is so incredible! I hope they don't have crazy complex programming though. I would really like to see some user modification to this game. Or I should say customization. Like skyboxes, custom cars, tracks, rides, more user friendly 3ds or possibly ANY model type such as directly from sketchup. Perhaps a couple nice plugins and programs to make the game a little easier. Built in hearltine generator. Perhaps a design program more similar to newton. I hope they put all sorts of things in this game. I can't wait for it! Hopefully it runs on most computers though...

^Many of those ARE in NL2! Yay! (sans custom cars and tracks and rides, that would be too complex and there would be a lot of bad models out there)

Gerst-hasn't that one been posted? Perhaps not, but it's been around since the 5th of November. I can't wait for the next update, whenever it shows up. But perfection must not be rushed.

EDIT: here's the update.

^ try reading the thread before posting old news... just a small reminder ; )

MOD EDIT: Please leave the moderating to the Moderators- Thank you. R.D.- Games Forum Moderating team.

Edited by QueerRudie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...