TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island Renames Rides

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howabout Grandson of Beast?

You must have read the announcement wrong, they are going to name it great aunts second cousin twice removed's brothers former roommate of the beast.

As for the names, I dont see whats wrong with poking fun of the names that obviously took 5 minutes to come up with. Its all in good fun.

Haha...

I cant help to think that if I worked for CF and wanted to rename these rides...the first I would change is Italian Job ---> Plumber or Pizza Maker.

Sorry if I offended anybody.

God bless you and your sense of humor. That is hilarious. Who cares if people get offended, they need to learn to laugh at themselves...

Drop Hawk......Force?

They should have renamed Drop Zone as "Roto-Drop 1"

I'm pretty sure that would have been an improvement on Drop Tower.

This can't be real. I imagine this is just a placeholder until they figure out a proper Cedar Fairesque name.

This is what I am hoping too....

I mean, at this point they might as well just download a dozen or so RCT parks and steal names that kids made up for their parks....

This is why I've never really cared for licensing/brand tie ins on rides. It just doesn't have the same gusto as SOME of the original names and themes for coasters/rides. Plus, when the contract is up, or there's a change or dispute, it's a mess.

This may be sacraligious, but I'd like to see a move away from branding on rides, but that won't happen anytime soon.

As far as these names go, it's the same thing we've all discussed before in other threads.

Well... it could be themed to that Giant OIL Drop coming out the side of the building.

... yes, Daniel, I have made that connection! Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I'm not stupid: just saying that IMHO 'Giant Drop' still sounds too generic. Better than 'Drop Tower' though!

And Dreamworld also has the"Log Ride".
That's true.

Returning to the purpose of the thread, I agree with everyone if you're going to have a generic theme of flight, falling, whatever, you can still come up with a good name without having a franchise to fall back on. Even hold a competition to see who can come up with the best name for each... like Beech Bend did for what became Kentucky Rumbler.

Well... it could be themed to that Giant OIL Drop coming out the side of the building.

... yes, Daniel, I have made that connection! Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I'm not stupid: just saying that IMHO 'Giant Drop' still sounds too generic. Better than 'Drop Tower' though!

And Dreamworld also has the"Log Ride".
That's true.

Returning to the purpose of the thread, I agree with everyone if you're going to have a generic theme of flight, falling, whatever, you can still come up with a good name without having a franchise to fall back on.

http://www.pki.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=160

I can't believe they actually changed DROP ZONE.....to DROP TOWER. This is f*cking rediculous....other names are available...Hellivator is open!

F*ck you Cedar Fair!

At 315 feet tall, DROP TOWER is the world’s tallest gyro drop. DROP ZONE spins riders on a 30-foot ring of 40 seats that encircles the drop tower to a height of more than 26 stories, and then drops guests in a 67 mph free-fall.