TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your Park "To Do List"

but I have heard there isn't nearly as much rattle on these type of trains than on the "weird" trains.

There probably isn't as much but IMO it's not that bad, I actually prefer it over a glass smooth ride.

Kings Island- Do something with SoB, give it Rocky Mountain or make a Dive Machine in it's spot.

Cedar Point- Make a Winged Coaster without tearing down DT or Space Spiral.

Carowinds- More flats!

Kentucky Kingdom- Someone please take up the park or just get rid of it, I think it's had enough sitting around.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I have heard there isn't nearly as much rattle on these type of trains than on the "weird" trains.

There probably isn't as much but IMO it's not that bad, I actually prefer it over a glass smooth ride.

Kings Island- Do something with SoB, give it Rocky Mountain or make a Dive Machine in it's spot.

Cedar Point- Make a Winged Coaster without tearing down DT or Space Spiral.

Carowinds- More flats!

Kentucky Kingdom- Someone please take up the park or just get rid of it, I think it's had enough sitting around.

How about something like Cheetah Hunt where SOB was?

Oh how I hate to do this to my beloved home park, but for the sake of progress:

Waldameer Near Future:

The park is expanding and getting busier, so a security team along with some full-time sweeps is becoming more necessary.

Repaint the white water slides (CP-Brilliant Idea), and overhaul the kiddie pools with some modern childrens' attractions.

Somehow acquire some land for more parking to make way for a wave pool expansion.

Some TLC for ride lighting packages (I understand perfection is tough, but some rides are looking shabby at night).

Begin looking into some more intense flats. (Music Express in 2013 is getting there)

Far Future:

In the coming years, add another adult-sized woodie to complement RFII (Holiday World or Knoebels).

Consider a Euro-fighter or coaster of similar stature that has a few inversions.

Great Adventure:

-Rehab Rolling Thunder including paint, new trains, new brakes, and a major retracking.

-Add another water ride somewhere in the park.

-Repave parts of the parking lot and add sidewalks so people don't have to dodge between cars.

-Refurbish Congo Rapids

-Add both thrilling and family flats

-Repaint Nitro

-Hire a larger security staff

Dollywood:

2013:Annoucement about Blazing Fury,New shows(Trust me they need them because my friend's Grandma said they do.),and overall park inprovments.

2014:Replacement for Timber Tower,or new water ride.

2015:New Flat ride or rides.

2016:New RMC wood/hybrid coaster after the sucess of the SDC coaster.

Unknown:Revamped 50's Area and a new dark ride.

Edited by RCBoilermaker14

Consider a Euro-fighter or coaster of similar stature that has a few inversions.

That's actually not a bad idea. If Canobie Lake can get a standard Euro-fighter, something similar would be ideal (though stick it on the south end by Mega Vortex to spread out the crowd).

The next thing they should do after the Musik Express is add some modern slides to Water World. Mat Racers are the hot flavor of the month right now. I know they have expressed interest in adding a wave pool but when will that happen?

I also wonder, given the explosive growth Waldameer has seen, will they be able to continue having the admission program they currently have. I realize going to a flat pay-one-price, and include Water World in that admission, may not sit well with some of the locals but at the rate of all the expansion going on maybe it's something they should consider and get rid of the wristbands altogether.

SFGAm has two Wild Mouse coasters. It would be great to see one of them shipped out somewhere, anywhere else. Ragin' Cajun would be the likely candidate based on it's location and the fact that it doesn't have a box to complicate removal like the other one does.

My selfish and unlikely to occur wish list is to discontinue the trim brake on Raging Bull's camelback. As it currently stands, they may as well have built an Oblivion clone instead. It would cost less, take up less space, and would accomplish just about the same thing Raging Bull does- an impossibly amazing first drop and some meandering after that.

Restoring the functionality of the LIM that holds the train on V2's back spike would be great as well (provided it isn't tearing the ride apart by doing so).

Indiana Beach- (Warning: these are all things from my experience in 2008)

- Learn to Be Good Again

- Fix Steel Hawg (To be less rough and be smoother)

- Fix Den Of Lost Thieves (1/2 the guns don't work on that)

- Expand the Waterpark

- Get Rid of the gum in the Log Flume tunnel

- Improve Splash Bash to get you wet

Sorry, I said "gun" when I meant "gum"

Edited by Rollercoaster Rider

• 1 year later...

Thread Revival?

Six Flags Magic Mountain

- New Trains on Colossus, Revolution, and Viper

- Build a Record Breaking 410ft+ Star Flyer where Mr. Six's Coaster was going to be

- Stronger ECV's to handle the hilly terrain

- Add a Sally Interactive Dark Ride similar to Justice League: Alien Invasion

- Repaint the White Slides in Hurricane Harbor

- New Individual Lap Bar Trains on Gold Rusher (I saw at least 3 people stand up during the lift hills)

- Add a Ride than can take you from the front of the park to the back of the park. PLEASE!

- Restore the Sky Tower Museum

- Quadruple the Shade/AC Fans around the park

If you really wanna fix SFMM, just buy a bulldozer and pave the whole thing down. Start over from scratch.

But just to play the game.

2015 - Full-fledged Colossus makeover to Mecha-Colossus. Full-fledged county fair refurb (similar to what they did in DC Universe). Add a Disko and some other random family-style flat to round out the area. Finish Throttle's station and stick a nice little nighttime laser light show or something in the entrance canopy. Make the Throttle plaza look nicer.

2016 - Park improvements. Repaint Scream or remove it. Park doesn't really need anymore kiddie coasters. Maybe remove one of those too. At most, an Aqua Twist or Splash Battle. Happy Anniversary Revolution! Revolution goes down for full-on refurbishment and gets new trains. Park should definitely re-introduce a museum style attraction for the anniversary in an unused building or something.

2017 - Cyclone Bay expansion. Refurbish Jet Stream. To keep up the trend of MM building coasters, I'd add a rocket coaster or something back there. Remove the stadium for its station and have the ride fly around the Deja Vu spot. If the stadium remains, add a new show. Build a compact coaster at the old Deja Vu spot and have it fly over the park pathways/rapids/Apocalypse/go karts/wherever. If Scream is removed, add the coaster there and stick a record breaking Star Flyer (or other record breaking flat) on the Deja Vu spot.

2018 - If a new water ride hasn't been added yet, this year would be a perfect time to build one. Otherwise, general park improvements.

2019 - Full on back area (I think that's the Movietown District) refurb. Either refurb or remove boat chute ride. If removed, add a nice (record breaking) Intamin next gen super flume on that spot. If refurbed, how about another record breaking coaster? World's tallest water coaster added maybe? Introduce a flat ride or two.

2020 - Viper area refurbishment. Stick a coaster over there if they haven't already. Add a flat or two to balance out the area. If a coaster was added the previous year, stick another major attraction there (dark ride maybe?).

So that's five years, two full-on new coasters, plus Colossus and Revolution run the way they were meant to run. Most of the park has been refurbed. Park has a new water ride or two, plus plenty of new flats. Not bad for a five year plan eh?

- Or Pave Magic Mountain. That works too.

SFNE:

Topper Track Cyclone and restore original drop.

Put the old restraints back on Bizarro, heck, just rewind the coaster back to 2008 and never touch it.

At least 5 more flats.

Lake Compounce:

Add another star coaster, you can't ride Boulder Dash all day.

Keep free soda policy.

SFGA:

Add something good in the place of Rolling Thunder, not some kiddie area.

At least 5 more flats.

Rye Playland:

Do not touch this park, give it some TLC, but don't turn it into a giant garden like the Sustainable Playland wants to.

SFNE:

Topper Track Cyclone and restore original drop.

Put the old restraints back on Bizarro, heck, just rewind the coaster back to 2008 and never touch it.

At least 5 more flats.

Lake Compounce:

Add another star coaster, you can't ride Boulder Dash all day.

Keep free soda policy.

SFGA:

Add something good in the place of Rolling Thunder, not some kiddie area.

At least 5 more flats.

Rye Playland:

Do not touch this park, give it some TLC, but don't turn it into a giant garden like the Sustainable Playland wants to.

Additions to Your List:

I'd Iron Horse Cyclone but that's me

And let adults on the kids coaster at Playland for $5.00. That'll fix their revenue

Add Seatbelts to the Log Flume at Playland

Add a new big coaster to Playland (Chance Junior Hyper or something)

Elitches:

-Retrack Twister 2.

-Give Shake, Rattle, & Roll a longer ride cycle.

-Make Half-Pipe and Tower of Doom more reliable.

Silverwood:

-Operations need to be better.

-Give Tremors a 2nd train and have both of the trains be the same as the train on Timber Terror (I.e. Buzz Bars).

-Give Corkscrew a new train like the ones of Phantom's Revenge and Lightning Run, while donating the old train on it's transfer track to the National Roller Coaster Museum.

-Give Aftershock a single rider line for busy days.

-Boulder Beach expansion.

-New roller coaster at some point.

-Hotel that is planned.

Lakeside:

-Don't close at the beginning of September!!! Close later so I can visit!!

• 2 weeks later...

Animal Kingdom

Add a new South American themed Areas with at least 2 E-Tickets

Add another attraction to Asia

Add an Attraction themed to Nocturnal animals

Try to be open later

Make Dino-Rama less tacky and embarrassing

Fix Tree of Life

Add Zebras back too Kilamanjaro Safari

Add a Train/Monorail around Animal Kingdom

Add a junior coaster

Hollywood Studios

Add Cars Land somewhere

Add another major coaster

Make the park bigger

What I would like most from SDC is this:

1. Get Outlaw Run working so that it doesn't have so many shutdowns (they have been working on this all year, and it does happen less now than it did at the beginning of the year, so just keep improving).

2. Fix all broken animatronics on American Plunge and Flooded Mine (especially the drowning man in the whirlpool on AP--horribly neglected).

3. Expand the gluten-free menus and add dairy-free options as well (Gluten-free pizza that has cheese is still inedible for us).

4. Add more benches around the Grand Expo and Half-Dollar Holler. There never seem to be enough.

That's it. Otherwise, don't change a thing. SDC has something for everyone, even my 2-year-old.The park is so much bigger now than when I was a kid that you can't possibly do it all in one day--which means every visit is just a little bit different. We always have a good time. The changes outlined above would just make a great day that much better.

For a few parks....

Kennywood:

FIX NOAH'S ARK. GET IT WORKING FULLY. (Sorry, I've been watching this ride deteriorate for a few years...)

Six Flags America:

Please fill the empty grass lot between Batwing and Superman.

Canada's Wonderland:

Please retrack Wild Beast. It's way too rough for how small it is.

Michigan's Adventure:

There's a lovely swamp area behind the park. A scenic walking path would be wonderful.

Kings Island:

Make the Bat a greatly themed attraction!

Dreamworld:

- do SOMETHING about the mine train. SBNO is a terrible look.

- put the shark and pool back under Wipeout. The drought is over.

- add the themeing back into the raft ride, especially the elephant that used to squirt at people.

- fix Cyclone's queue. A bare set of metal stairs would be better than the mess that's there at the moment.

Movie World:

- Superman used to have water and smoke effects. They were awesome. Please bring them back. Please.