TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

I'm looking forward to the inverted top hat! Sounds like a good coaster....

Don't say inverted tophat, because then it would be something like this:

and going by the above pic it's just an overbaked turn.

Its definitely an inverted top hat, it's just a lot smaller than the one you linked.

On a side note, I'm finally glad the announcement has happened and I can finally talk about the new coaster. That's the only bad thing about knowing about a new coaster before the public knows about it, you can't discuss it with anyone you know. The general consensus around the park is everyone seems to be happy with the ride for the most part. It's been a long time coming but the park finally got the deal done. The timing of the Turnpike's closure is perfect as well because it's been having a ton of problems lately. And for all the people who are disapponted that Premier is making it, what did you expect? The park is not going to dish out $25 million for a B&M or Intamin. The park was deciding between this coaster and a Eurofighter and they went with this probably because they got a better deal on it. It's being made in the US so you have to keep in mind how much money they saved on shipping. Seriously though, wait to ride it before you bash it. I for one can't wait to ride it nex season!

If they are not removing the turnpike, then I guess I am okay with this. Even though, the new coaster will not be all everyone hyped it up to be. Until Premier fixes their train restraints and reliability problems (which still plagues their modern launched coasters), I still look at their launchers as outdated and unconfortable. But Hey, a coaster is a coaster, at least they are adding a new coaster.

If they are not removing the turnpike, then I guess I am okay with this. Even though, the new coaster will not be all everyone hyped it up to be. Until Premier fixes their train restraints and reliability problems (which still plagues their modern launched coasters), I still look at their launchers as outdated and unconfortable. But Hey, a coaster is a coaster, at least they are adding a new coaster.

Whats wrong with the restraints? I've never had a problem...

Sounds like I might have to make a detour if I head down to Busch Gardens next summer. I think this is just what Kennywood needs. I cant wait for more details to arise in the next few weeks, and months.

Also from what I have read it sounds like maybe a new car concept from Premier, with a more open feeling car. (Cross your fingers)

^ They cramp you legs and give a boxed in feel. Hopefully, they improve that on the new coaster.

I'm 6'2" 215lbs and have no problem with their restraints. I also have a friend that's 6'5" and doesn't have a problem either...

I am 5'11 190 lbs, and often walk of premier coasters with cramped legs.

I'm 5' 10" 195 pounds and often see a lot of people complain on this site.

I'm wondering that since they haven't released the name or logo yet if they will have a naming contest for it? I doubt it myself, but it could happen.

As far as Premier as the designer, it's been some time since their launched coasters of old. I have no doubt that they've improved on the ride experience - even though I don't really have a problem with their older launchers. I just hope that they use a new restraint style. The oversized lapbar and ankle braces are somewhat constricting. Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to seeing this ride come together.

^ They cramp you legs and give a boxed in feel. Hopefully, they improve that on the new coaster.

I'm 6'2" 215lbs and have no problem with their restraints. I also have a friend that's 6'5" and doesn't have a problem either...

I am 5'11 190 lbs, and often walk of premier coasters with cramped legs.

I'm 5' 10" 195 pounds and often see a lot of people complain on this site.

People complained about their old OTSRs, but I rarely see people complain about the newer lap bars because they are such an improvement over the old OTSRs that were worse than Vekomas and Arrows when it came to headbashing.