TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Experience

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only bad experience was trying to get on Stormrunner during it's first season at Hershey Park. It took me about an hour to get into the station and once I was there the ride broke down. A lot of people left so I jumped into the que for the first seat on the second car on the right side of the station. It was really hot and humid that day (90 degree temp. when it was feeling like a 100 degrees) and considering that I had to use the bathroom really bad I ended up waiting another hour for the ride to start. The coaster was great, but damn I had to do #2

GASM at SFoG and GASM at SFGAd both made me bleed...and yet they weren't my worst experiences!

I'll have to think about that one!

Yeah I thought your worst experience was at Knotts when the guy who was closing the lap bars (forgot which ride, plunge maybe?) took off a piece of skin with his boot. That had to have hurt...

For me, the absolute worst experience was my first ride on KD's Anaconda--it was hot and humid as hell, and I left that ride with a throbbing headache and a very upset stomach (felt that way for about 30 minutes afterward).

The most disappointing experience was Jupiter in Japan; it looks like it should be an awesome Intamin woodie, but it's really, really rough (in the bad way).

I've had some decent rides on rollercoasters, but some of my family can tell another story. My sisters got stuck on top of the Wild Thing at Valleyfair. And at the same park, my dad broke his thumb on Excalibur by defying my sister's warning of advising not putting his hands up during the ride. But otherwise, we've had some good experiences on rollercoasters.

For me, the absolute worst experience was my first ride on KD's Anaconda

The bottom of that butterfly element is like being stuffed into a mailbox that gets hit by a dump truck.

I'm pretty sure I got concussed on Mean Streak in 1998. Had one bad ride, then I thought I'd try it again to see if the ride could redeem itself. And it repaid my second chance by smashing my back against the seat and jackhammering so hard that snot flew out of my nose. If the lap bar hadn't been holding me in, I would have jumped out at the MCBR. It left me with a bruised back and a lingering four-day headache.

Oh, and every ride I've ever taken on the Rattler.

Riding Mind Eraser at Darien Lake about 12 hours after dislocating my knee cap. Not a fun experience to have your legs whipped around while you can't even walk. Should've thought of that before I got on.

Also, Tomb Raider at Wonderland.

Honourable mention to the George Foreman Grill at SFNE. It would be first if it were a coaster.

Wow, this is a very easy question for me. My first Predator ride was by far the most horrible theme park experience in my life. I had ridden the Comet at Hershey, so that was basically what I expected. I even tried to hold my hands up on the first drop.

My ribs hurt got banged up so bad, I remember wishing the ride would end the whole time. It gave me a fear of coasters that lasted about two years, and was ended by my first Viper ride, hence my bias for Darien's Viper.

I only have 1 semi bad experience, but I wasn't pissed off by the end of it. A lot of you seem to exagerate your stories and make it seem that this 1 ride ruined the rest of your day. But's that's just the impression I get.

Mine was at X. I rode it 1st thing in the morning, 1 min wait for inside, front front row seat, stair side. I had an incredibly smooth ride. I was shocked. I came back later that night and got in the same seat, except I knew it was a different train because the purple protective panel inbetween the chasis and seats was covered with a few peices of gum. It started off fine but from the bottom of the 1st drop on it shoock the living daylights out of me. I came off and was just laughing saying, "that train needs a little TLC" haha.

Magnus Colossus..

Quite possibly one of the worst coasters EVER built. This ride absoltely kicked the shit out of me, and the 2nd time round I felt like my spine was about to shatter.

I lay down on the ground for a few minutes after that one to correct it.

Top 3 Countdown!

3. Voyage at Holiday World. Getting stuck on the first break run on the last ride of the night. When we initially got stuck, we were dry, about 10 min. in it started pouring so hard i could barely see the midway below us. 20 min later when we pulled into the station, i was completely soaked from head to toe. (The poncho i had on was pretty useless after the first 4 minutes of getting poured on)

2. Tomb Raider at Canadas Wonderland. The lift was cool looking and smooth, but after that it was painful. I cringed at every turn i saw coming.

1. Wildcat at Hershey Park. The GCI lapbar came down so hard i could not move and could barely breathe, I still had about half the ride to go.

Well I havent really had anything bad happen to me on a ride, but I guess if your impatient, being stuck at the top of Shiekra right before the drop for about 10 minutes is the worst I've had it. And it wasnt even bad it was quite enjoyable, while I had this chat with some random person next to me about the park. The view was AMAZING!

Front row ride on Nemesis at Alton Towers towards the end of the season - near the top of the lift hill it started to hail, by the end of the course it was hailing really heavily. We were the last train before they shut it down due to the weather, and having hail hit your face at 50 mph is no fun!

Earlier that same day, got left out on the Oblivion brake run for 10 mins in the pouring (and freezing) rain - the ride ops were even laughing at us! Came down with a cold after that visit.