TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

If they are going to clone from within the empire, I would say for an attraction based Dr. Strange. Bring over Everest from AK, modified to fit into the space behind GOTG. Part of Dr. Strange does take pace in a similar location after all, and personally would love to see another large coaster for the resort.

I don't believe that is entirely true. I think they are still forbidden from using "Marvel" in any of their theme parks. So whatever they do will be a "super hero" land.

Here is a good read with some breakdowns of the contract: http://orlandounited.com/2016/05/darn-marvel-contract/

That's a good article! Thanks!

This has to be the grossest Disney employee in the history of the entire company. That ear thing is just horrid, it almost makes me want to puke. And you can tell he favors that side when he's talking just to swing it back and forth and show it to everybody. The fact that Disney would put this guy on camera for a promotion video baffles me. What the friggin hell?

This has to be the grossest Disney employee in the history of the entire company. That ear thing is just horrid, it almost makes me want to puke. And you can tell he favors that side when he's talking just to swing it back and forth and show it to everybody. The fact that Disney would put this guy on camera for a promotion video baffles me. What the friggin hell?

Please post your selfie for comparison.

The earrings happen to be souvenirs from places all around the world that he has visited; he actually has referred to it as his "National Geographic ear". Joe Rohde has been an Imagineer for almost forty years. He was the lead designer of Animal Kingdom (from beginning to now, including Pandora: The World of Avatar), as well as a lead on Aulani. He worked on the Mexico and Norway pavilions at Epcot. He was even the model for Harrison Hightower for the DisneySea Tower of Terror.

He has been the face of Disney Imagineering for ages now. Please show some respect.

You're one of those high strung nitwits that are everywhere these days, aren't you? Tell me, do you identify as a male, female, cis, trans, or something else? Personally I identify as an Apache Attack Helicopter.

Good people of TPR: I have a respectful suggestion. How about focusing your discussion on what's going on at the Disneyland Resort instead of on Mr. Rohde's earring?

Thank you.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Guardians of the Galaxy makeover works out.

Recently posted ...

This week it was also announced that the blockbuster Frozen – Live at the Hyperion show will no longer have guaranteed FastPass seating on a daily basis, instead only offering the service on peak days as needed. This is certainly a curious decision, as Frozen - Live at the Hyperion has proven to be quite a blockbuster at Disney California Adventure, with fans rushing to the FastPass distribution machines early in the morning on an almost daily basis. However, it now seems that the only way to ensure you have a seat to this show is to either purchase one of the Frozen premium dining packages, or arrive at least an hour prior to showtime to wait for the doors to open.

I'm glad I got to see it, with the Fast Pass, back in Sept. and only having to wait about 20 minutes to get in. One hour's wait is just not my style any more. Except, waiting to get into either Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo Disney Sea.

IMG_2301.JPG.dfd7cd7811ac58e3c4dd2fb1f28a5471.JPG

Waiting in all this, for one hour? Not any more. This was all Fast Pass crowds, when I saw "Frozen".

(Taken Sept.15, 2016)

Edited by Nrthwnd

On one hand, I'm glad that FP won't be essentially required to see this show anymore. On the other hand, I think the only people complaining about not being able to get in were the AP's who feel entitled to be able to roll into the park in the middle of the day, or whenever they want, and walk right into the show. These are the ones who go to Disneyland looking for something enjoyable on an average Saturday, not a once a year or once in a lifetime vacation.

Either way, this should make it easier for anyone who wants to see the show to get in. I figure that's a good thing.

^ Agreed. Also, this Fast Pass method is based on larger capacity and timing, until capacity had been reached for

that show's time. Which surprised me, when I realized how many hundreds of people were ahead of me, at opening time,

and they all got the main floor, Orchestra FPs. That was fast! It also made me wonder what would happen if a party

suddenly got split show times. I can imagine people holding seats for their buds who have to go in on Stand By, instead.

Well, I hope it works out for them, and everybody who wants to see the show, in the future.

D23 has sent us a press release announcing the celebration of Mickey Mouse's birthday including festivities at the Disneyland Resort!

To celebrate his upcoming birthday, Mickey Mouse is embarking on a trip around the world, where he will make surprise appearances in iconic, real-world locations to delight his fans and friends. These magical moments chronicling Mickey’s global adventures will be captured and shared on Disney’s Mickey Mouse Facebook page, culminating with the debut of a video highlighting Mickey’s travels featuring an upbeat new song, “What We Got.” The video will debut on the big day: November 18. Mickey fans are encouraged to join the celebration on social media using #HappyBirthdayMickey.

In advance of Mickey’s birthday, Disney has launched the Mickey Mouse Instagram account (@MickeyMouse). Following on the popularity of the Mickey Mouse Facebook page, which has more than 13 million followers, Mickey’s Instagram page will showcase videos and images including Mickey’s global travels, as well as his appearances in Disney films, television shows, and theme parks.

On Mickey’s birthday, select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as Disney Stores in the United States, will be distributing commemorative “Happy Birthday, Mickey!” buttons. Disneyland Park in Anaheim will host a special pre-parade birthday celebration for Mickey, and at Magic Kingdom Park in Orlando, characters and performers will dance in a special birthday-themed edition of the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party.

Also on November 18, Disney Channel will air the Emmy®-winning new Mickey Mouse shorts throughout the day and premiere two new cartoon series featuring Mickey Mouse. On Mickey Meows Club, the feline hosts of a web-based talk show provide their own “cat”-mentary on Mickey’s incredible performances in their favorite shorts. Mickey’s How Not To will provide viewers with a humorous series of informative tips on how not to do things, using Mickey’s funniest fails and moments from the latest cartoons. Plus, that day Disney Junior will debut the teaser for the upcoming series Mickey and the Roadster Racers.

In addition, D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, Oh My Disney, Babble, and other Disney sites will be posting Mickey-related videos, galleries, stories, crafts, recipes, and shareables leading up to and on his birthday.

Mickey’s birthday is celebrated in honor of the release of his first theatrical film, Steamboat Willie, on November 18, 1928 at the Colony Theatre in New York City. Since then, he has starred in more than 100 cartoons and can currently be seen on Disney Channel in the Mickey Mouse cartoon series.

MickeyMouseBirthday_lowres.jpg.24806d4a222480367cc9274b21580ca2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at HKDL concept art, I wonder how much of that will influence the direction of the DCA's future "marvel" land? I am wondering if for example that the 2023 attraction replacing Autotopia at HKDL will be the same attraction going behind the GOTG tower? I would think that mystery marvel attraction plus the known Iron Man attraction could be the anchors of the new area.

Or Disney could send the purists into a meltdown and replace Star Tours with Iron Man (place it in SW land), Buzz with Ant-Man, Space Mt. with GOTG/Capt. Marvel, Path of Jedi w/ any Marvel short ride film, etc.

Side note: Part of the reason the park feels crowded even with the 10% attendance drop is because of things like the theater that houses Path of The Jedi used to be an actual attraction. Imo, if they put actual attractions into the Carousel/Innoventions building, used the theater, used the Starcade, at least removed the footers of the Peoplemover that are in the pathways, when the train re-opens there might be some congestion relief around the park.

And with the Frozen concept art for both HKDL an TDS, would be nice to see that stateside. Epcot in particular could expand the Norway area to include that ice skating flat ride. I could see Disneyland shrinking the ride footprint and reconfigure Autopia, the smoking area, figuring out a way to hide the monorail, in order to place Arendelle with two rides in that general area.

^IMO, even if they did use all available space, the park would still be a giant clusterf*ck. The park was never built for their current operations with fastpass, people using ECV's, ADA accessibility, etc. The other Magic Kingdoms have the luxury of more space and being designed to more modern standards to begin with---Disneyland is never going to have that without major demolition and re-construction.

Headed to the parks not this weekend, but next weekend. Will be spending Saturday, Sunday, and Monday between the two parks. Just how crazy busy can I expect it to be? Will one park be better than the other on certain days? How fast have Tower of Terror fast passes been "selling out" in? Any other tips to maximize this trip?

Headed to the parks not this weekend, but next weekend. Will be spending Saturday, Sunday, and Monday between the two parks. Just how crazy busy can I expect it to be? Will one park be better than the other on certain days? How fast have Tower of Terror fast passes been "selling out" in? Any other tips to maximize this trip?

Make the most of single rider lines on Indy, Matterhorn, and Screamin'. Also take the monorail in at park opening and hop on Hyperspace Mountain, should only be a 20 minute wait. Don't stress out over crowds, that only makes everyone's life harder. Most of all, have fun!

Single riser lines won't work, as it will be my wife and I there. I was under the impression Hyperspace Mountain is gone though, back to just regular Space Mountain after being Ghost Galaxy for October. Am I wrong on that one?

I don't get too stressed on crowds. I go to Disney basically every year so I'm mostly used to it. Was more just curious if the winter weekends are as bad as summer ones