TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^I vote for a smoke ring and a full margarita bar.

AGREED! lol

Speaking of full bars; DCA has two great full bars.I wish Club 33 were not the only ones who got a full bar at DLR. I do really enjoy having a couple drinks while I am visiting the parks and would like to be able to enjoy bars at both parks. Who knows. Maybe one day!

Cyrus

I'm glad Disney is embracing smartphones...having just bought tickets for a baseball game on the day of the event using the Stubhub app, I think it's great Disney is jumping on board with that too!

I'm glad Disney is embracing smartphones...having just bought tickets for a baseball game on the day of the event using the Stubhub app, I think it's great Disney is jumping on board with that too!

Although I haven't ever used the smartphone ticketing it seems like an awesome concept. Can you expand on how it works at the parks? Is it solely for single day purchases or does it somehow apply to passholders as well? I noticed a smartphone scanner sign the other day at CGA and thought it was great seeing it there as well.

On a separate note, I had sworn to myself that I would go nowhere near DCA until way after the opening of Cars Land but thanks to my family's insistence I will be there later this month. Wish me luck.

No idea if anyone knows this or not, but when does Haunted Mansion typically reopen after it gets its Holiday treatment? Thinking I'll probably hit it with either weekend I'm going ( weekend of the Sep. 8th or Sep. 15th), but was curious if any Disney buffs could give a better estimate. Tried using search but couldn't find anything.

No idea if anyone knows this or not, but when does Haunted Mansion typically reopen after it gets its Holiday treatment? Thinking I'll probably hit it with either weekend I'm going ( weekend of the Sep. 8th or Sep. 15th), but was curious if any Disney buffs could give a better estimate. Tried using search but couldn't find anything.

September 14th.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/events/halloween-time/

For those of you planning on braving the park's grand opening on Friday...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/for-your-information-guests-planning-to-visit-disney-california-adventure-park-when-it-opens-on-june-15/

Since Disney Parks Blog readers are among the most loyal Disney Parks fans, we wanted to give you this special heads-up. If you are planning to join us at Disney California Adventure park when it reopens on Friday, June 15, please remember the following:

• Disney California Adventure park opens at 9 a.m. on June 15; Disneyland park opens at 8 a.m. on June 15.

• The early arrival queue will open to guests on Disneyland Resort property at 11 p.m. on June 14.

• Parking will be available in the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, and standard parking rates will apply.

• A select amount of wristbands will be distributed to guests who are waiting in line to maintain the order of arrival. All guests in line will be able to leave the line to use the restroom, purchase food or beverages, and return or retrieve items from their vehicles/hotel rooms until 6 a.m. on June 15.

• Portions of the early arrival queue will be located beyond the guest screening checkpoints, beyond which certain items will not be permitted. Be sure to check the list of prohibited items here.

• Restrooms and ticket booths will be available to guests in the queue.

• The following Downtown Disney District locations will offer extended operating hours on June 14-15:
    • La Brea Bakery Express & Cart: Open all night
    • Café Renee: Open all night
    • Jamba Juice: Open until 12 a.m., reopening at 4 a.m.
    • Wetzel’s Pretzels: Open until 1 a.m., reopening at 5 a.m.
    • Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express: Open until 2 a.m., reopening at 6 a.m.
    • Haagen-Dazs: Open until 1 a.m., reopening at 5 a.m.

Tune in to the Disney Parks Blog tonight, Wednesday, June 13, at 8 p.m. PT for a LIVE webcast of the Cars Land Media Event! And keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog and Disney California Adventure park on Facebook, and follow @Disneyland on Twitter for complete coverage of all events this week at Disney California Adventure park! While you’re on Twitter, join in the conversation by using the hashtags #CarsLand, #BuenaVistaStreet, #MadTParty and #JustGotHappier.

Going to Cars Land tomorrow!!! Can't wait!

But we're staying an extra day to go to Disneyland on Friday (might as well ). I can't make up my mind whether the Disneyland crowd will be at all relieved due to DCA opening on that day.

People's thoughts? What will Disneyland be like friday?

^Are you staying on property or within walking distance of the parks? Traffic is going to be insane Friday morning, so if you are having to drive to get to the park keep that in mind. Otherwise, if you can make it past all the craziness in time for opening, you should have light crowds at least for the first part of the day due to everyone wanting to get into DCA.

^we'll be staying within walking distance, so no driving just getting up early and getting to the gates for disneyland early

I really hope you're right about the crowd being light, haha. Only other time I went was during Spring Break....another crowd nightmare

^Yeah, that's good that you wont have to drive. I am just assuming that in the morning, a majority of the people will be at the grand re-opening, so Disneyland's crowd would be lighter. I can imagine though by later in the afternoon it will be jam packed as well.

David and Brittney are currently at DCA for the Media Preview Event! They will be sending photos to me and I will be posting them to the TPR Facebook and Twitter pages all day! Check them out here:

http://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview

There are also some photos from the Cars Land Grand Opening last night as well for you to check out!

Edited by ernierocker

David (iloverides) shot this amazing night time POV of Radiator Springs Racers for us! Please check it out...

And if you all could do us a huge favor...please post the link to your Facebook, Twitter, etc!