TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I have a Broken Heart....

Chrissie

My beautiful 16 month old puppy Frankie was tragically killed by two crazed drivers on motorbikes. Myself and my family are devastated and feel empty inside.

Here is a link to where you can read more about our story, http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1366332007

I know that this story isnt really of concern to any of you but me and my family are lost without our Frankie and we don't know how we are going to cope without him. I ask, if anyone who has lost a dog or pet, if you can offer any support or help for us to get through this, as we are finding it very very hard.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrissie,

I am so sorry for your loss. Those of us who have pets know that they are part of your family, and the loss of a pup or kitten is a really sad thing, especially under these circumstances. I wish you lots of comfort and healing, and hope that someday soon you will find a place in your heart and your life for another little friend.

Shari

When I lived out in the country, my dog (probably a good 5 or 6 years old) was attacked by the neighbors dogs and died. It was tough for a few days as I was only 12. We later got another dog (beagle and hound mix) and we had to give it away when my dad moved into town. I cant' wait to get another dog (preferably a chocolate or yellow lab or a weiner dog), but for now will stay with my cat named kitty.

I'm really sorry to hear that Chrissie. Having a family dog ourselves I shudder to even imagine what you're going through.

It really is sickening to know that there's people like that out there. Lets hope these idiots are caught.

You'll feel better eventually. It'll take time.

Thanks for all your support guys. Really means alot.

A small update, Apparently we reported the incident to the wrong police station, we didn't know that at the time. So we're not sure if anything has been done

We don't expect to catch the people who done this, but hopefully it will just highlight to everyone the crazy situation thats going on here.

^ Im so sorry to hear that. Its totally devastating. They were so young. How long did it take you to feel better? Each day has been better but I still have a huge pain in my heart

It took me a couple of months. I sort of went into denial about it for a few weeks (I wasn't there when he was hit) not believing it had actually happened. It was four months ago and I'm still sad about it, but I'm fine. It sounds like you were really close to your dog, so it will take a little while. Good luck with finding the bikers.

Im very sorry to hear about your loss. I have fortunately never experienced loosing a pet suddenly, but we had to take one of our cats to the vet a few years ago. He was old, but in good shape, but one day he just stopped eating and drinking. It seemed like he just knew that his time was over, so we didnt have much choice and took him to the vet a few days later. It gave us time to say goodbye, but it was still very sad, even though he had lived a long and happy life. They may just be pets to some people, but in my opinion they are members of the family.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It will hurt for quite a while and random things will make you remember your pet and bring back the pain; but it will subside.

There may be a temptation to think that you don't want to go through the pain again and refrain from getting another pet. Do not fall for this, as the joys of having a pet far outweigh the pain of the loss. The new pet will never "replace" the lost one but it will fill that role in your life.

--Yellow Jacket--current cat and turtle caretaker, 42 yrs old and have no memory of ever not having a pet. Over the years my family has had over 15 cats, 3 dogs, 3 mice, gerbil, guinea pig, hamster, lab rat, 2 canaries, 3 breeding pairs of finches, 2 lizards, countless fish etc.

I am really sorry to hear this Chrissie. Your dog was so cute.

It really annoys me the way some people can be so careless and inconsiderate. It is sick the way some people could do that. Most sensible human beings would get out of the car and see what happened and if the animal is OK. But to just drive off and leave it, it is wrong.

Something must be seriously wrong with those people who did it.