TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Really? Millennium Force and Magnum are nothing alike... Have you ever ridden either?

Really? Have YOU ridden either of them? You must not have, because Magnum and MF are actually quite a bit alike. They both have straight drops, both have a kind of "pretzel-ish" turn around, and both have some airtime hills. And they both broke similar height records.

The one big difference with those two rides and the CW rides is that between Magnum and MF, Cedar Point built three VERY DIFFERENT RIDES (Mean Streak, Raptor, and Mantis) to help ease the blow of those rides being similar.

I put money on it that we would have been having the EXACT same type of conversation had Cedar Point built Millennium Force in 1994.

No, actually I've never been on either... It's only my home park and live 45 minutes away and been a season pass holder for the past 12 years... The only thing Magnum and MF have in common is there meant for speed and airtime.. that is it.

Ah, yes, a Cedar Point nutjob fanboy. Thank you for validating your opinions mean nothing.

Edited by robbalvey

Apparently someone got it in a "random email" ... You know the people here at TPR sure aren't as "noobish" as those CWMania people are! What's even worse too is that it's their home park and they are discussing random garbage.

Unfortunately, CWMania is plagued by idiot trolls because our admins and mods (*cough* Dan and Jen *cough*) have no metaphorical balls. A lot of the newer members are the idiots who are only staying around for the announcement and then will loose interest; I'd advise you pay no attention to them.

I asure you that our senior members are much more intelligent.

Leaked image of Leviathan....

thumb_tracks.png

Hmmm....while I'd like to believe this is one of the press materials, there just isn't anything about this image that screams OMFG to me like some of the I-305 concept images did.

This looks more like something that someone threw together in No Limits, applied some photoshop filters to it, and then spread it around the internet saying it was "leaked." Perhaps if this is one of many images, but I can't imagine this would be "key art" for the ride.

Thoughts?

It's an animation by Keith McVeen done in 3ds Max, but I personally think the picture is just to show the massiveness; we'll find out tomorrow.

I don't know how long CW has been teasing this, but it does feel like this whole project did just kind of show up out no nowhere recently.

The land clearing and "preparing this area for your future enjoyment" signs were up during season passholder preview night. A couple months of clearing later, we got holes and rebar cages. The teaser/countdown page went up at the start of August and has slowly received new quotes plus the "this is my park now" thing. Wonderland doesn't really do much in the way of teasing...they play things really close to the chest.

Seems I'm the only one to wish for a giant multilooper. They don't build them anymore... if it interacts with an old arrow, it would "loop the loop", in a way, and that would be totally different from Behemoth.

It's not going to be a giant multi-looper if it's using those trains shown in the leaked image.

Hey guys to each their own right? Why fight when we should be discussing random ideas for the new ride. Like a B&M aquatracks or something crazy like that? No? Okay I'll Just go away now.....

Edited by TPDave

Really? Millennium Force and Magnum are nothing alike... Have you ever ridden either?

Really? Have YOU ridden either of them? You must not have, because Magnum and MF are actually quite a bit alike. They both have straight drops, both have a kind of "pretzel-ish" turn around, and both have some airtime hills. And they both broke similar height records.

The one big difference with those two rides and the CW rides is that between Magnum and MF, Cedar Point built three VERY DIFFERENT RIDES (Mean Streak, Raptor, and Mantis) to help ease the blow of those rides being similar.

I put money on it that we would have been having the EXACT same type of conversation had Cedar Point built Millennium Force in 1994.

No, actually I've never been on either... It's only my home park and live 45 minutes away and been a season pass holder for the past 12 years... The only thing Magnum and MF have in common is there meant for speed and airtime.. that is it.

I would bet the average park guest would think they have a lot more in common than that.

You're right, Robb. I was secretely hoping this image would be fake but the "background" story makes me feel it's real. Maybe we can hope for some "Stengel dive" like turns, like on Dutch Goliath ? and as a sidenote, Bluefire restraint system is something B&M should have a look at. They work great even with lateral force inversions !!!

I feel convinced that the record is "tallest ride in the country with a water element", the name suggests it itself. As excited as I am to see something really cool tomorrow morning, I feel convinced enough that it's just going to be a bigger B&M hyper.

Edited by A113

I don't know how long CW has been teasing this, but it does feel like this whole project did just kind of show up out no nowhere recently.

The land clearing and "preparing this area for your future enjoyment" signs were up during season passholder preview night. A couple months of clearing later, we got holes and rebar cages. The teaser/countdown page went up at the start of August and has slowly received new quotes plus the "this is my park now" thing. Wonderland doesn't really do much in the way of teasing...they play things really close to the chest.

Plus, it's Canada. We'd pretty much ignore it anyway, so it makes sense to save by not using an elaborate marketing campaign leading up to it.

I for one am very excited. Even if this ends up just being a bigger Behemoth, as odd as that would be, I am not going to complain. CP has Magnum and MF....although MF is slightly more twisty they really aren't all THAT different in terms of style/layout. I know there was longer gap between those 2 when compared to this, but to me, I am looking forward to 7am tomorrow and even with the leaks do not feel i'll be disappointed.

I mean, Cedar Point has built 4 Intamin Rollercoasters in a row... there's nothing wrong with that part. But I really do hope that this coaster is not just a bigger Behemoth. I don't even know if making it more of a twister is really going to change my thoughts. This really has to be something different from BM to get away from Behemoth. If it is 350 feet... I don't really care what the layout is, I'm sure it will be badass, but I do hope for something unique.

Yup. Ridden both several times. Make it to CP almost every summer. They are very similar in principal just different heights and layout.

I for one am very excited. Even if this ends up just being a bigger Behemoth, as odd as that would be, I am not going to complain. CP has Magnum and MF....although MF is slightly more twisty they really aren't all THAT different in terms of style/layout. I know there was longer gap between those 2 when compared to this, but to me, I am looking forward to 7am tomorrow and even with the leaks do not feel i'll be disappointed.

LOL

That is all. Nice failure.

The far left hill has no chain return after the drop. Assuming its the lift hill maybe it will be a launched lift hill to a massive airtime first drop.

raptor doesn't have one either...maybe they have evolved just a tad?

^ Parks also shift rides around a lot. How do we know this ride wasn't meant to go to a park, like Knott's for example, that doesn't have a ride like Behemoth, but for whatever reason at last minute, they had to shift what park the ride was going to.

Just throwing that idea out there...

If I find out this was meant for Michigan's Adventure I'm going to start throwing things.

As mentioned above, a lot of CWMania members are new and don't know any better. Everyone was once a "n00b", I just don't see why we have to put each other down? I've been a member on that site for years. I'm also an active member with TPR.

Not everyone on all sites can know everything about everything. All I know is that CWMania has been providing the best coverage of Project 2012. I had the first pictures of supports. The first pictures of track. I must be doing something right...

Canadian Nick

^ Nick, to be fair, no one is really putting anyone down. I think you have now made a bigger deal out of this than anyone else has. It's great that you've had some good coverage, but really, it's just photos of metal, and I'm not sure anyone realized it was a competition of "who was first" until you just brought it up.

^ Parks also shift rides around a lot. How do we know this ride wasn't meant to go to a park, like Knott's for example, that doesn't have a ride like Behemoth, but for whatever reason at last minute, they had to shift what park the ride was going to.

Just throwing that idea out there...

If I find out this was meant for Michigan's Adventure I'm going to start throwing things.

You and me, both!

Wow... the speculation over this coaster is turning a lot of people into argumentative jerks. I'm just glad I met some Toronto folks on the NE trip so I can possibly have a place to crash next summer.

More than welcome to spend some time with me! I can't wait to see folks from the NE trip again!

Wow... the speculation over this coaster is turning a lot of people into argumentative jerks. I'm just glad I met some Toronto folks on the NE trip so I can possibly have a place to crash next summer.

More than welcome to spend some time with me! I can't wait to see folks from the NE trip again!

Leviathan Bash 2012 seems like a good idea.