TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I haven't been up to date on rumors for the supposed 2016 coaster, but with Cedar Point's rumored Dive coaster for 2016, as well as potential projects at Kings Dominion or Valleyfair, what's the current opinion on the 2016 project? Could the CF coaster budget be split among two, or even three parks next year?

I haven't been up to date on rumors for the supposed 2016 coaster, but with Cedar Point's rumored Dive coaster for 2016, as well as potential projects at Kings Dominion or Valleyfair, what's the current opinion on the 2016 project? Could the CF coaster budget be split among two, or even three parks next year?

There is a big rumor for Canada's Wonderland with several hints that we have got over the past few months. Anyway most of us think it will be called Ziz and will be a wing coaster.

There is a big rumor for Canada's Wonderland with several hints that we have got over the past few months. Anyway most of us think it will be called Ziz and will be a wing coaster.

U mean zzz and a wing coaster

I think a GCI or RMC woodie would be a good fit for Canada's Wonderland because even though they have two wooden coasters already, from what I've heard, they're both rough pieces of trash, which basically means that Canada's Wonderland lacks a decent wooden coaster. Also, maybe once Cedar Fair starts doing business with RMC, maybe they could turn one of the bad woodies into an amazing RMC hybrid coaster. Even though some sort of B&M is probably what their next coaster will be, I think the park deserves an upgrade in the wooden coaster department sometime.

Yes, my trip to Wonderland back in october found me very much disliking the wood coasters this time (I loved them back in 2001 and 2004, and not so much in 2006). Both rides had significant problems, that could be simple fixes.

I think a GCI or RMC woodie would be a good fit for Canada's Wonderland because even though they have two wooden coasters already, from what I've heard, they're both rough pieces of trash, which basically means that Canada's Wonderland lacks a decent wooden coaster. Also, maybe once Cedar Fair starts doing business with RMC, maybe they could turn one of the bad woodies into an amazing RMC hybrid coaster. Even though some sort of B&M is probably what their next coaster will be, I think the park deserves an upgrade in the wooden coaster department sometime.

Mighty Canadian Minebuster is ok and Wild Best is also getting re-tracked. But I do agree that it would be a good fit. The only problem with turning one of those two coasters in to a hybrid, is that they are both pretty small, so it would be better if they could just take out one of those woodies, still keep the wood, but then build an amazing RMC.

I do wonder if GCI and Cedar Fair will continue working on their wooden coasters. They worked on Shivering Timbers, Hurler (at Carowinds,) and Grizzly (at CA Great America) last year so I do wonder if the other parks in the chain will also be requesting them to come out and do some track work on them since they did a great job. Minebuster and Wild Beast would be great candidates for re-tracking and possibly some re-profiling. I do know the work they did on Shivering Timbers with the turn-around was great. They even corrected the banking coming out of the turn to a more heartline-like banking. You can check it out in the TPR POV of Timbers.

I do hope that will lead to another GCI coaster being built somewhere in the chain. Canada's Wonderland would be an excellent candidate for one since their current wooden coasters are a bit lackluster and dated.

^Wild beast was getting retracked a few months ago, I do not think it was getting retracked by GCI. I think Canada's Wonderland will probably retrack mighty Canadian Minbuster eventually, but it would probably be the same company that retracked Wild Beast.

Unfortunately I don't think we will be seeing an RMC hybrid for a while at CW. Based on hints that have been dropped I think a launched B&M wing coaster will be coming in 2016. And while that's nowhere near what I would like to see come to the park as an enthusiast, from a business standpoint it makes sense. I'm just thankful the park is home to 2 other great beemers.

^I'm not so sure. There aren't many (if any) LSM launched coasters around with 32 seat trains. I can't tell why (probably the cost of launching such heavy trains) but don't forget Thunderbird only has 5 cars.

^With attendance that CW has, we are probably not going to get a launched coaster because of the low capacity of launched coasters.

What about a B&M launch coaster? I'm sure B&M could build a launch coaster with just as good of a capacity as Leviathan or Behemoth.

I guess we'll find out when Thunderbird opens.