TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

It looks like CF has hired the same artists who did the KBF maps to do these as well.

This looks like a truly awesome coaster, and is one of the three new ones I am most excited about this year (X2, this one, and Led Zeppelin at Hard Rock Park).

Nice to see they reconfigured the pathways around Minebuster, Stunt Coaster and Behemoth. That Minebuster/SkyRider area was always way too crowded. Moving the Stunt Coaster entrance should help. Hard to tell, but sure looks like they moved SkyRider's entrance too.

^GIB's have gates for each row.

It just doesn't work well on them because they're inverted, so vision is blocked and space is much more cramped. On this open sit down train, it will be open and much easier for guests to see where they'll be sitting.

Yeah, on the Deja Vu's the get to the far seats you have to walk in front of the next row of seats, which causes alot of confusion.

On these you won't have that problem. As each row, and each train is separate. So it shouldn't be nearly as much of an issue.

Hopefully it won't be trimmed like Goliath at 6FoG. That thing after the helix was cranked up to stun last Saturday. It totaly killed all the airtime on the return back to the station. If you took the time to watch it outside the gates, you could visibly see the train slowing down about 10+MPH.

Guy"I hate trims & MCBRs." Koepp

Hopefully it won't be trimmed like Goliath at 6FoG. That thing after the helix was cranked up to stun last Saturday. It totaly killed all the airtime on the return back to the station. If you took the time to watch it outside the gates, you could visibly see the train slowing down about 10+MPH.

Guy"I hate trims & MCBRs." Koepp

Wow. They need to fix that.

When I rode Goliath last year the trims after the helix were on, but barely did anything to the train. The return run had gobs of airtime. In fact, Goliath had by far the MOST airtime of any hyper I've been on. I still liked Nitro better, but Goliath was great also.

If they don't fix that, Goliath should go out of the top 10 this year. Nothing says lame more than brake raping a $20 million marquee coaster.

Not sure if anyone noticed the cover photo of the National Post's Toronto section this past Saturday. The article was about Vaughan (the sprawl-they-call-a-city where CW is located), but more-importantly, it was a great shot of Behemoth as well as a few others. Check it out: