TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Now that the bottom of the first drop is completed, can we say that the first drop on that trench goes below ground level, or is it just at ground level? Cuz I'm curious to see if the drop height is actually more than the full ride height.

Also, I feel bad for whoever has to put all those nuts and bolts together to make the lift chain, now that you said that the lift chain is made by hand.

Also, I feel bad for whoever has to put all those nuts and bolts together to make the lift chain, now that you said that the lift chain is made by hand.

Those bolts don't go with that lift chain. I sell roller chain and you don't put this type of chain together with nuts and bolts. The chain in the boxes is assembled at the factory and probably is in 10' sections already for easy handling. The lengths are joined with a connector link, there a two of them in the picture with an extra side plate sitting on top of the link. The connector link is slipped into the ends of the two pieces of chain and the side plate is pressed on probably using that device.

chain.jpg.684ced60e606bbbcb90bfc951f71cb71.jpg

Stopped by the parking lot today to get a close look. Can't wait to ride this next year.

Here are a few shots.

Love how steep the drop will be.

Good look at the drop and pull out from the drop

Close up..thank god for zoom

Not much left now to finish the epic drop

Overview of the drop and pullout so far

Interesting. I have never seen them do this before, the spine dives right into the ground.

Looks like a support for a giant schwarzkopf loop! Guess they are going back to their roots for this one!

That is pretty different isn't it? I didn't realize that the spine did that until you pointed that out, but I'm sure that it has a pretty meaningful purpose if it's sitting there like that!

Regardless, these photos are great. Now we can just wait for the lift to be topped off before we all ooooooooooo and ahhhhhhhhhh some more!

I'm getting more and more excited for this as construction hammers on! I'll have to make my first trip across the border to get on this and everything else CW has to offer. That spine diving into the ground is neat, I didn't notice that in any of the animations.