TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

I know there's some sort of conspiracy to dethrone EGF as the best steel coaster in Europe, but sorry, BM is not even close.

I had completely forgotten about that little crusade from our DragonKhan friend! Yeah, I really doubt that Black Mamba will do better in the Mitch poll this year than it did last year.

Granted, I'm not so sure if EGF will retain it's #2 spot either with how it was running this year, but I at least still liked it *MUCH* better than Black Mamba.

--Robb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I was one of the very few that actually re-rode Black Mamba back to back without getting out of the station. I rode it 10 times in a in all seats except the front row and I must say that I still think I tend to "grey-out" more on Batman at SFMM. I thought there was suppose to be a 5g helix on Black Mamba or something? It was more like a pointless 5 turns before you head back into the stations. It was still and fun ride just because you could touch "real" human bones on the lift hill!

EGF is in my Top Ten so it will get represented well in my book!

Jimmy "Can I sign my life away to take pictures on a lift hill?" Bo

Maybe if you asked one of us in advance instead of approaching the park staff...SURE!

--Robb "Because you know how to read the trip rules!" Alvey

I'm really bad with names. The guy sitting to our left of James, (not Rich, the other side), looks like his legs are like 3 inches long!

Anyhoo. Below you will find my Phantasialand and Toverland Video. Please enjoy and comment as you feel necessary. It's mostly park showcasing and not a lot of "look at us having fun", (which I tend to like), but there are some interesting tidbits.

And just to clear this up, I know they were adement about not allowing cameras on Troy. I had my camera in my hand while loading onto Boosterbike because I was filming the train arriving in the station. As I was loading, I was trying to pack it up and set it on the side really fast when the ride operator told me "You can take it with you if you want." I just wanted to post that before anyone gets huffy about me having taken a POV video.

Enjoy!

Phantasia und Tover Land.zip

MrMorgan's Phantasia and Tover Land Video

Phantasia und Tover Land.wmv

MrMorgan's Phantasia and Tover Land Video.

I think I was one of the very few that actually re-rode Black Mamba back to back without getting out of the station. I rode it 10 times in a in all seats except the front row and I must say that I still think I tend to "grey-out" more on Batman at SFMM. I thought there was suppose to be a 5g helix on Black Mamba or something? It was more like a pointless 5 turns before you head back into the stations. It was still and fun ride just because you could touch "real" human bones on the lift hill!

EGF is in my Top Ten so it will get represented well in my book!

The only B&M inverts I've ridden besides a few of the Batman clones are Nemesis and Raptor, and, even though in my book Nemesis is really awesome, something about Black Mamba makes it my favorite. I think it's the themeing. Maybe if I had the chance to ride Nemesis again, as well as Montu or Katun, I would think differently.

Oh, and I have to say that Ex G-Force has fallen quite a ways in my book after riding it recently. The first half is still top-notch, but after the first trim brake, it really loses something. I was sad. I mean, you can't beat that first drop, as far as I'm concerned, but when you almost get whiplash from a trim while coasting downhill, something's not quite right.

Morgan "Geez, nobody's perfect. What's with the mobbing? Where's the love?" O'Brien

I'm really bad with names. The guy sitting to our left of James, (not Rich, the other side), looks like his legs are like 3 inches long!

Larry's got midget legs

Although I think me sitting inbetween Hector and Chris was a bad idea.. I look even smaller than I am! LOL at where my restraint is btw.. So low!

As usual, great update !

It was a great day and fun to join the TPR group for a few hours.

By the way, it started raining hard after you leave the park !

I'm glad you liked Hollywood Tour that much.

It's a nearly 20 years old dark ride.

And yes, it's so bad today that's it's good !

--frederic

Good photos, but too bad Black Mamba was a disappointment. Phantasialand looks like a really nice park, and it seems to have come a long way in the past years. The park appears to be both themed and landscaped well, and the rides, while not great, seem like a lot of fun.

Anyhoo. Below you will find my Phantasialand and Toverland Video. Please enjoy and comment as you feel necessary. It's mostly park showcasing and not a lot of "look at us having fun", (which I tend to like), but there are some interesting tidbits.

And just to clear this up, I know they were adement about not allowing cameras on Troy. I had my camera in my hand while loading onto Boosterbike because I was filming the train arriving in the station. As I was loading, I was trying to pack it up and set it on the side really fast when the ride operator told me "You can take it with you if you want." I just wanted to post that before anyone gets huffy about me having taken a POV video.

Enjoy!

Great video, enjoyed it alot, aswell as all the mini updates that Robb has given us. I hope that, one day, when I make some money of my own and I can afford these trips myself, I will be able to join you guys!

Larry's got midget legs

Funny coming from the only guys shorter than me on the trip

It does look quite amusing.

My legs are extended outward in the proper riding position for a Top Spin.

Morgan - I love that the video at Toverland on The Triage Triangle has me almost wiping out that little kid and Dave Lawrence almost wiping out everybody.

looks like you guys had a great time, and thanks for all the updates, will look forward to the full updates soon.

Phantasialand is a wonderful park, full of great themeing, and full of great rides. I thought the Hollywood DarkRide was hilariously bad,infact when I did it on the 2004 ECC trip, we all did a takeover on that and at the end of the ride, we tryed to confuse the public by cheering like mad as if we enjoyed it,it worked a treat as the public thought we were mad, hopefully we confused the public more when they came out of the end as if to say,Why did they all cheer at the end

Larry's got midget legs

Funny coming from the only guys shorter than me on the trip

It does look quite amusing.

My legs are extended outward in the proper riding position for a Top Spin.

Morgan - I love that the video at Toverland on The Triage Triangle has me almost wiping out that little kid and Dave Lawrence almost wiping out everybody.

Thanks for the kudos on my video. And sorry that I couldn't remember your name. After I posted, it came to me, but it was too late to go back and edit.

Those are my 2 favorite clips of the Triage Triangle. I filmed for about 20 minutes, and those are 2 of the highlights. You have total spiderman like reflexes when you're about to clobber that toddler. I'm amazed.

And last, but not least, I know your legs aren't actually 3 inches long, and coming from another shorty, you should know I would by no means make fun of shortness. I just thought it looked hilarious that from that angle, it looks like you have tiny little Chucky legs.

By they way, I think I'm taller than you!

hehehe.