TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Elissa's Random Thought of the Day!

Even though I am from New England I have never seen a whale. Yeah I know I'm Pathetic.

That is pathetic. I saw three off George's Island!

I'm the worst, I live in a PORTSIDE TOWN!!!!!

6/17/07

This actually has more to do with yesterday!

GRRRR!!! It took 2 hours to drive 72 miles. I HATE LA!!! Seriously, I think I would be a lot more social and do a lot more stuff if traffic didn't suck so much. I mean it was Saturday at 7pm, there should have been no traffic at all!

Oh well, it was still pretty worth it to celebrate Chris' 21st birthday!

More reason to buy one of those helicopter-car thingies.... GO IGOR SIKORSKI

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traffic. Grrrr.

Jacksonville is pretty bad. I live at the beach, but work on the west side of town, 20+ miles. It takes me 45 minutes to get to work. Thankfully, I work the night shift, so I'm going against rush hour traffic, both ways. Otherwise, it would take me at least twice as long.

We're considering moving to Orlando in the next year or two, which would be infinitely worse.

Ah L.A. traffic, how I hate thee

seriously, that is certianly one of the major factors to why I left Cali, I cannot stand traffic, ABQ has little to no traffic, you get a bit in the morning, but unless some moron has crashed and died on the highway, its always moving., way WAY diffrent than Cali

Here's a pic from 7PM while driving on a weekday to a minature golf course, from this photo TR from a few years ago

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18059&highlight=hinkle

I know someone who drives every day to work 2 hours to each direction . Without the traffic it could take him 25 minutes.

I dont understand how calm he is about it. I think thayt one day he will show at work lime crazy and kill everybody around him.

6/19/07

Why is it in this day and age that they still have major TV channels basically go off the air in the middle of the night and show crappy infomercials! Not even good infomercials, terrible ones! When I'm up at 4am feeding KT the only channel that has real programming is Animal Planet! And I've seen the same episodes of 'how to make your bad dog good' over the past 4 months now several times! Even the news stations just repeat every 20 minutes. There's so much crap that's been on TV the last 50 years, how come they can't show some of that???

^^Haha, The Magic Bullet Infomercial is classic.....

Why are thy called "Infomercials" they are only 'Informing" the first time you see them, and then its just for the first 5 min. untill they start repeating themselves.

What ever happened to infomercials that were fun to watch, like the Ron Popeil (I think that's how its spelled....) ones.....

My favorite infomercials are Kevin Trudeau's where he peddles his books full of his quack conspiracy theories about how the government is covering up the cure for cancer and how you can lose weight by "resetting the hypothalamus gland".

I admire Kevin's ability to take money from idiots, and to seem sincere while he spouts the highest volume of BS ever to grace the airwaves. He lies better than any politician.

Usually early in the morning on Spike TV theres the "Miracle Spring Water" thing with Peter Popoff. It has to be the most hilarious thing on tv. He'll take old people in walkers, punch them in the face and the people will fall the the ground and be "saved". It's so funny!!!!

Usually early in the morning on Spike TV theres the "Miracle Spring Water" thing with Peter Popoff. It has to be the most hilarious thing on tv. He'll take old people in walkers, punch them in the face and the people will fall the the ground and be "saved". It's so funny!!!!

I hate Ronco infomercials with a burning passion.

"We'll include this limited edition steak knife for FREE! But wait! There's more! We'll also throw in a thermometer FOR FREE! But wait, that's not all! We'll throw in this Sharper Image Ionic Breeze for FREE! But wait! There's more! We'll send you this set of forks for a hefty price of, no wait, for free! That's right, we'll include this twenty piece set of knives with a few added extras. And guess what! You would usually pay $60 for all of this in a normal store, when we'll give it to you for three easy payments of $20!"

I work at a tv station and in the past, I have had to sit through 10 hours of infomercials, kids programming (crappy new cartoons), and other things. They suck. Especially when the same one repeats twice in arow. The new kids shows on CBS when I had that shift were the worst. Dora, Diego, some stupid dinosaur or something cartoon, little bill, and of course the worst one, Blues clues. MAybe that is because they bored the crap out of me.

It does make one yearn for the time when a station ended its broadcast day and just ran that test pattern with the Indian chief in the middle of it.

KCRA (channel 3) in Sacramento used to run these really sappy short subjects to end their broadcast day: a bunch of jets flying around while some guy recited the poem "High Flight" ("For I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth . . .") and a series of random nature scenes while some really irritating tenor sang "The Bluebird of Happiness" ("So be-e-e-e-e like I-I-I-I-I-I/Hold your head up hi-i-i-i-i--gh/[something something]/Bluebir-r-r-r-rd of Happi-i-i-i-ness-s-s-s-s-s-s!").

Informercials are hardly an improvement.

Come on, the infomercial for the Magic Bullet is always good fun to watch. Look at how many stereotypes you can see in one sitting:

http://www.infomercial-hell.com/magic-bullet/

We watched that in florida 5 times over and over while the start of the hurricanes came through... then the power went out and I almost shat myself.