TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CGA is going to build a giga coaster that's 8,000 feet long, has 15 camelbacks, and spans the whole park.

CGA is going to build the world's longest tunnel, then put a coaster inside it.

No its going to be the longest wall in the world with a straight coaster next to it, like your idea.

What Cedar Point could do....

* Mean Streak getting the NTG treatment, but with just regular topper track. That way they can brag about it being the world's greatest "this" and "that" wooden coaster. (This ride has potential, just needs someone *cough RMC *cough* who know's what they're doing.)

*Iron Dragon

Backwards facing trains

OR

Floorless trains like Vampire

What Cedar Point could do....

* Mean Streak getting the NTG treatment, but with just regular topper track. That way they can brag about it being the world's greatest "this" and "that" wooden coaster. (This ride has potential, just needs someone *cough* RMC *cough* who know's what they're doing.)

*Iron Dragon

Backwards facing trains

OR

Floorless trains like Vampire

OR

Both

Iron Colossus opening in 2015 at SixFlags Magic Mountain would be the World's first dual track RMC steel/wood hybrid coaster with one side running the trains forward and the other side running the trains backwards at the same time racing each other.

Iron Colossus opening in 2015 at SixFlags Magic Mountain would be the World's first dual track RMC steel/wood hybrid coaster with one side running the trains forward and the other side running the trains backwards at the same time racing each other.

Well, they could add some High Five sections.

Well, they could add some High Five sections.

I almost though about putting that in my post, but was waiting for someone to make suggestions. Well done!

Banshee was supposed to have a pre-lift section. Similar to Nemesis Inferno - but more extensive. The layout was a few feet lower to the ground with trenches and tunnels (similar to OzIris, but again, more extensive...). Also, before the final helix, there was a true mid-course (well, late-course) block brake then some low to the ground zooming through trenches. The queue was semi-interactive, with a plexiglass viewing area (think Voyage) where you could see part of the pre-lift track... fog was in the various tunnels. Kings Island was intent on having a true, one of a kind, all-out, world class coaster; they wanted it to be the best of the best.

But then they said "meh, forget it"... let's just go with another big B&M in a nice dirt field, no bells or whistles. (I'm ducking now...)

Edited by GayCoasterGuy

Here's a crazy idea for you. Maybe somebody's already suggested this, but oh well I'll put it out there again. How about a launched wooden coaster? And no Intamin pre-fab either, I mean a traditional wood coaster, followed by a shallow hill a la Maverick's second launch. By the time you reach full speed the whole thing feels like it's going to shake itself apart. That would be awesome.

^Where did you hear that one?

In my head

That would have been interesting to see.

It sure would! They're settling for "really big and plain" instead of "world class," in my opinion. Sure, those features would cost more... but why not go all-out, or at least half-out on such a big ride? Same thing with I-305, Leviathan and Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper has its gate, but what about the "Gatekeeper's lair" (interactive queue/ride like Voyage), and a GREAT ending?

A friend constantly points out to me - about the stuff I call "world class" - he says "they don't do it because they don't need to." In other words, they can build somewhat plain or mediocre rides (in my eyes) and it will do what they need it to do (get people to spend money). That's true. But still... I just was hoping for a little more from the BIG parks... same goes for the recent Six Flags stuff - they are half rides. Great, fun rides indeed, but not full "world class" rides (Texas Giant being an exception... it has tunnels and is still very long by most standards.)

I keep saying it's gonna suck when everything is a same-y B&M or Intamin. It seems Europe builds more world class rides (Wodan, bluefire, OzIris, Helix.....)

Of course, it's freaking Cedar Fair. They could change the springs on the garbage can doors and people would go NUTS.

Here's a crazy idea for you. Maybe somebody's already suggested this, but oh well I'll put it out there again. How about a launched wooden coaster? And no Intamin pre-fab either, I mean a traditional wood coaster, followed by a shallow hill a la Maverick's second launch. By the time you reach full speed the whole thing feels like it's going to shake itself apart. That would be awesome.

Oddly enough, I actually had that idea earlier today

Why not an Intamin pre-fab? Then it would be smooth and could have some insane ejector airtime. Sounds pretty good to me.

I didn't think the experience on a pre-fab would be different enough from a steel to make it worth the effort. I think a launched but otherwise traditional wood coaster would be a really unique, probably terrifying experience.

I've improved my concept of the lay-down-on-your-stomach drop tower idea that I posted many pages back, after figuring out loading would be impossible. In my new concept, you would load standing up. Stand, backup into the rear part of the restraint, like a Starship/Gravitron/Rotor. Then, the attendant lower a full-body cage, like a Zamperla Volare flying coaster(see video:

). After that, the "car" would lower into the lay-down-on-your-tummy position. Lift up slowly, and freefall down to get the sensation that you're skydiving (without a parachute). Imagine, you rise until you're perched 200-400ft in the air looking straight down, not knowing when the "car" will be released and you plummet towards the concrete below. You freefall down, airtime floatiness kicking in, and right when you think you'll become a pancake on the ground, the brakes kick in, and you slow to a stop mere feet from the ground. Of course you won't know though, you've had your eyes closed since the ride began