TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What kind of phone do you have?

ECZenith

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4G does exist, it's only currently available through Sprint and in these markets:

As of December 2010, Sprint's 4G service currently is available in the following markets :

California – Los Angeles, Merced, Modesto, Sacramento, Stockton, Visalia;

Connecticut – Hartford, New Haven;

Delaware – Wilmington;

District of Columbia – Washington D.C.;

Florida – Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Tampa;

Georgia – Atlanta, Milledgeville;

Hawaii – Honolulu, Maui;

Idaho – Boise;

Illinois – Chicago;

Maryland – Baltimore;

Massachusetts – Boston;

Michigan – Grand Rapids;

Minnesota – Minneapolis-St. Paul:

Missouri – Kansas City, St. Louis;

New Jersey – New Brunswick, Trenton;

New York – New York, Rochester, Syracuse;

Nevada – Las Vegas;

North Carolina – Charlotte, Greensboro (includes High Point and Winston-Salem), Raleigh (includes

Cary, Chapel Hill and Durham);

Ohio – Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus;

Oregon – Eugene, Portland, Salem;

Pennsylvania – Harrisburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reading, York;

Rhode Island – Providence;

Tennessee – Nashville;

Texas – Abilene, Amarillo, Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Killeen/Temple, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa, San Antonio, Waco, Wichita Falls;

Utah – Salt Lake City;

Virginia – Richmond;

Washington – Bellingham, Seattle, Tri-Cities, Yakima.

^^Correct, both WiMax and LTE in their current forms do not meet the requirement for 4G, but as soon as they get their upgrades in a few years, they will be able to be true 4G (and not just in advertising!).

After having the iPhone 3g for a few months, and the iPhone 3GS for even less, I'm now using a Samsung Galaxy S phone (Captivate on AT&T) rooted to run stock Android 2.2. I freaking love it so so far.

Well on Sunday I convinced my mom to make the jump from her 4 year old KRZR to a smartphone. She got the HTC HD7, which has a nice big screen because her eyes aren't the greatest, plus Windows Phone 7 is really easy to use which is great because she isn't very tech savvy. Couldn't imagine her with an Android or even an iPhone.

I've been rooting and modding my phone, been changing roms nearly once a week. Loving the Android OS even more than ever

Samsung Omnia II with Windows Mobile 6.5- wouldn't trade it for Android or iPhone for anything.

I'm patiently waiting for Verizon to carry Windows Mobile 7 (and the Omnia 7). I just switched to VZ last spring from Sprint and their awful customer service and have loved it, but I won't be long here if they won't bring in WM7 over the summer.

• 4 months later...
A Samsung Intensity.

(it pretty much sucks but i rarely use it so w/e)

Same here!

I hate how you can only take about 60 pictures and then it runs out of memory. It's a really crappy phone but it gets the job done for the least amount of money....