TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mantis Man rides Xcelerator 20,000 times since 2002

So... I did to. But how many Coney Dogs could you eat in one day at the park?

None. I try to avoid nasty PKI food. I do eat Graeter's there quite a bit.

You and I would get along quite well. I just got back from Columbus and had the my favorite mint chip while I was there. THEE BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD!!!

Of course... I think I'm becoming lactose intolerant because I had diarrhea a few hours later.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... I did to. But how many Coney Dogs could you eat in one day at the park?

None. I try to avoid nasty PKI food. I do eat Graeter's there quite a bit.

You and I would get along quite well. I just got back from Columbus and had the my favorite mint chip while I was there. THEE BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD!!!

Of course... I think I'm becoming lactose intolerant because I had diarrhea a few hours later.

I'm already lactose intolerant. Graeter's has excellent sorbet. Cincy has one marginally better ice cream place (IMO). It's called Aglamesis.

When I was at the Tatsu campout, I unwittingly met this person, and I got far away from him quick. He just strikes you as someone who has something to hide, like a serial killer or something. maybe riding xcellerator is the only thing keeping him sane enough to not turn physically violent towards innovent people. Holy crap, it's going down for refurbishment in march..... Oh well, he won't make it all the way to Ohio on his violent excursion of rage and xcellerator withdrawl.

-james dillaman

How many times would he ride X-Flight? Ohio would be proud to have Mantis Man move here. I know just the community for him to live in. It's called "Norwood".

OMG, Norwood!! That makes me so happy you have no idea. He would actually be considered normal compared with many people I've met from there. I've been really busy applying and auditioning for a music job here in town, but we'll get together soon. Thanks for making my day, though. I'm still laughing.

-james dillaman

When I was at the Tatsu campout, I unwittingly met this person, and I got far away from him quick. He just strikes you as someone who has something to hide, like a serial killer or something. maybe riding xcellerator is the only thing keeping him sane enough to not turn physically violent towards innovent people. Holy crap, it's going down for refurbishment in march..... Oh well, he won't make it all the way to Ohio on his violent excursion of rage and xcellerator withdrawl.

-james dillaman

How many times would he ride X-Flight? Ohio would be proud to have Mantis Man move here. I know just the community for him to live in. It's called "Norwood".

OMG, Norwood!! That makes me so happy you have no idea. He would actually be considered normal compared with many people I've met from there. I've been really busy applying and auditioning for a music job here in town, but we'll get together soon. Thanks for making my day, though. I'm still laughing.

-james dillaman

Norwood is supposedly where Charlie Manson grew up. But, I think that just might be folklore.

I'm just grateful they have metal detectors at parks like Knott's, Mantis man is just plain scary.

There were a couple of scary people at Cedar Point who just rode Dragster and Millennium Force over and over again, the ride ops used to say over the loudspeaker "how many times have you ridden today" can't remember the name.

There were a couple of scary people at Cedar Point who just rode Dragster and Millennium Force over and over again, the ride ops used to say over the loudspeaker "how many times have you ridden today" can't remember the name.

I saw some scary guy at Cedar Point. He was wearing large headphones and dancing around...it was weird. I saw him in the Millennium Force queue and on the drive to the park. We stopped next to his car at a red light and he was sticking his hand out the window of his car and pounding his car's roof and bouncing around in his seat.

Just to add fuel to the fire. I've witnessed Mantis Man being a jerk. I can't count the times Ive seen him steal seats from people. Mantis man will ride and then wait on the dock to see if theres any empty seats if there are any he will take it. However, sometimes someone will go to put their stuff away and then he will run over and take the seat and start mumbling to himself and twiddling his hands. Usually he gets yelled at by the ride ops for taking peoples seats and he goes down the exit ramp and starts mumbling some more. I also randomly interviewed him at Solace 05 and all he did was brag about stuff and attempt to be all high and mighty.

I met him today. He's definately got some issues. He plans to have another 6k by thanksgiving 2008. Its kind of sick, its like he plans out his calender, just calculating how many more times he can ride xcelerator.

Unlike the rest of us who are usually calculating how much it would cost to go to Germany to ride Expedition GeForce.

• 1 year later...

Wow this guy makes ACErs seem normal, if I was going to ride something over and over again I'd at least do something a bit better than xcelerator (it is a pertty good ride but not super).

Maybe he should move to Cinci and try riding The Beast 20,000 times, I think Mantis Man would RIP long before he gets to that mark from internal organ damage.

I love screwing around with ACE fanatics

Waiting in line for spinning dragons

ACE guy: This is the newest addition to worlds of fun

Me: Since when did orient express get inversions removed, and spinning cars?

ACE guy: orient express is defunct.

Me: Oh, I thought that was mamba.

ACE guy: no.

ME: Did you know mamba is the tallest fastest roller coaster in the world?

ACE guy: no, thats top thrill dragster at cedar point in ohio.

Me: Did you know six flags astroworld in new jersey is building one 2 times as tall as top thrill dragster?

ACE guy (getting mad): NO!!111! Thats six flags great adventure in new jersey, and it is only 36 feet taller and 8 miles per hour faster with a 128 foot tall speed hill!!!!!

Me: Oh, isn't it going to be called superman the escape?

ACE guy: NO!! SUPERMAN THE ESCAPE IS IN SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN AND IT OPENED IN 1996!!!!!!!!!!

Me: I thought that was millenium force..

ACE guy (pissed off): NO! THATS IN CEDAR POINT!

Me: I thought that was liseberg in new york...

ACE guy: NO!!!! LISEBERG IS IN SWEDEN!!! THEY GOT A NEW WOODEN COASTER FOR 2003!!

Me: Isn't it a mean streak clone?

ACE guy: *leaves the line*

Me:

And that is waiting in line for spinning dragons..

Did you just make this up?

Oh, and Mantis Man is awesome. Sure he's unemployed and psychotic, but he is over 60. At least he's doing something, I guess.