TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have You Ever Worked At An Amusement/Theme Park?

NOPE, I've never worked at a theme park before...

Actually...

SFMM (Nov 2001-Jan 2003): Merchandise, Ride Op, Lead (RRv, S:TE, Freefall, Jet Stream, Sandblasters, Spin Out)

KBF (2003, 2004): Haunt Monster

USH (Feb 2004-now): Main Gate (ticket taker, pass processing, ticket seller), Mummy opening ride op, Lead at Mummy, operations orientation trainer, on the job trainer for Mummy.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish, just for a week, that I could work at a Disney park. In away, I wish I was still in the amusement park business. Except, when you work at a place you love, it usually kills the magic.

The truth hurts

That, and working for $8 an hour is simply ridiculous. A man can only eat so much Taco Bell...

8/23/04-1/03/05: Fantasyland Merchandise, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World.

1/21/05-Present: Disney Theme Parks and Resorts College Program Campus Representative (it counts!)

I wish, just for a week, that I could work at a Disney park. In away, I wish I was still in the amusement park business. Except, when you work at a place you love, it usually kills the magic.

The truth hurts

I can't wait to go back. Every time I got off the monorail, through the turnstiles, under the train station, and got that first look of the castle down Main Street, I had chills running down my spine. In fact, I'm more obsessed with Disney parks now more than I have ever been.

Now being outbid by an eBay sniper who is obsessed with cats on a Tomorrowland 2055 jacket in my size, THAT hurts

Kennywood 88-89. Parking Lot Nerd.

:dork:

Oh, I forgot to mention, I worked at Circus Circus Las Vegas from 92-98. Though, technically not a theme park, and I didn't work in the adverture dome, don't we all theink Vegas is the theme park for adults?

DenDen "I miss my lunch times on Canyon Blaster!"

I worked at Disneyland from 1988 - 1992. Mostly in restaurants and Fantasmic! crowd control. I ended up doing tons of other random odd things there, though, like stocking retail shelves, playing crash test dummies on Splash Mountain, extras in random TV commericals, etc.

Probably the most fun though was having to wear a character costume for 1/2 a day when I went through a training course for when I worked as a producer for Disney studios. We did a 3-day 'brainwashing' course down at the park, part of which having to dress up and interact with the guests.

It was all a cool experience though.

--Robb "Ended up working for or with Disney for something like 8 years of my professional life!" Alvey

• 3 months later...

2001 - Cedar Point Ride Op - Mantis

2002 - Cedar Point Ride Op - Magnum XL-200

2003 - Cedar Point Ride Op - Top Thrill Dragster

Mr. Stratosphere, my friends and I agreed that you have to have the best place to ever work rides. The view from up there is remarkable, and the music was REALLY awesome. Made me feel like being at a gay bar again, haha.

SFOT 1994-1996

1994: Worked in games at park, handed "race games" and eventually moved to "Looney Toons USA", had a kid jump off the convoy ride and left.

1995-1996: Moved to internal park department (Cash Control),which meant air conditioning and a dollar and a half raise ($5.75/hr),as well as all the hot college chick tail I could handle.

1984ish SFMM One summer in food service. Colossus Cones, The restaurant across from the log ride, and selling food from carts, and selling pop at the newly opened water ski show.

1992 to present - Thrill-Ville USA. Started out as Ripper ride op. then moved to GM 94, and this year I've taken over as safety Manager!

I worked two summers at enchanted forest too.

I almost took a ride maintenance job at SFWOA. During their interview process, they'd ask if i had any questions and i'd always say the same thing: What's the payscale?

During the last interview, they told me. 10.00 an hour. I am not climbing rides at 10.00 an hour.

The summer after that, two maintenance men were injured and one died of heatstroke. Guess I made the right choice.

Still, i've always wanted to work for a park.

• 1 year later...

I worked at Disneyland as an "Attractions Hostess" in Tomorrowland for about a year - 1992 or so. I started on Autopia, then Star Tours and lastly Space Mountain.

During that same time period I worked as a Haunt Monster for one season.

I am currently working for Disneyland again as a parade performer, since 2000.

jb