TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wearing glasses on a coaster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well think about it. If you are going on a kiddie coaster, its probably not neccesary, if you are going on a bigger coaster, then yes. If the ride op's ask you to take your glasses off, then that makes the whole problem a lot easier.

Even if you have them on and they feel like they are going to fall off, take them off mid-ride, or hold on to them.

It depends for some people.

I refuse to wear glasses on roller coasters because of the fear that I'd lose them (well, now with my contacts it's not a problem). My pair are fairly loose on my face. But on the flipside, one of my friends wore glasses on the Dania Beach Hurricane with no problem, and I have a video of someone on Millennium Force wearing glasses without a strap. They didn't move an inch. I would recommend (sp?) being on the safe side and not wearing them, but it is your decision.

This was one of the main reasons I had laser eye corrective surgery so I wouldn't have this problem.

In the RCCGB a lot of glasses wearers have straps that do a good job of keepng them on. I have a strap which I bought from Cedar Point that I use for my sunglasses and they have kept them safe on everything from TTD to Expedition G Force to X to Balder. If you go for the glasses strap make sure you get the ones that actually wrap across the back of your head.

I wear my glasses on every coaster, excluding TTD and KK (on which they asked me to take them off). I don't have a strap, and I don't tape them to my head, I guess they just fit me well!

On the other hand, I've gotten hit by someone's sunglasses on S:RoS at SFA. I don't know whether he had them on his head though, he might've been holding them.

You'll probably be fine, just either make sure they're somewhat tight-fitting or that they have a strap attached.

I never wear my glasses on any coaster or rides (with exceptions the obvious tame ones). It just isn't worth the risk of having to replace them. I also try to wear contacts because it is nice to actually be able to see when on a ride.

Whether or not I wear glasses is largely a function of the coaster, and how many times you have ridden it.

I wouldn't wear glasses the first time through, but after that, all bets are off. I've worn my glasses on Excalibur, Wild Thing, Viper, Raging Bull, and American Eagle. And it was a good thing I did wear them on Viper, because I got the benefit of free eye protection

Paul

Glases do not fall off when you bend over (ahaha...) thus there is no way they would come off on a coaster. You have to physically take them off.

I don't wear glases, but i'd imagine the fear of loosing them is pretty great. I'd probably either get used to contacts especially for park trips (like a good friend of mine does) or get a strap for piece of mind.

I usually don't wear my glasses on roller coasters.

I guess I'm a little paranoid about losing them (especially after wearing them on Mamba and having them *almost* come off on the second hill), but that's not the real reason.

When I wear glasses on a coaster, it feels like I'm toning down one of the best parts of the ride - the sensation of speed and the wind in your face. I don't know why I'm like that, but to me, it feels like I'm behind a window when I wear my glasses. on a coaster.