TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Members Ages 12 to 17...READ THIS NOW!!!!

I would just like to say something here. While I understand the recent increase in younger aged posters (myself included,) I am a bit annoyed by some of the older members responding to a post with "well... its a 14 year old... what do you expect" OR "get over it... you are just a whiney 13 year old". I think that is just as bad as poor grammar posts. Peoples opinions of a topic shouldn't change depending on who posts it or who makes a comment.

Thats just my stuff there!

-Andrew

*Side note... why did RCPro close... if anyone knows*

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Ageism will never end. People think:

"Well, I had to go through this when I was there age so I think they should."

Anyway, I already know I'm detested by 99.9% of the members here, but I'll try to make my posts more useful. I don't really understand how I became to be considered a nuisance, but, I did and... yeah.

I'll try to fix whatever I've done. I know I've acted stupid.

I would just like to say something here. While I understand the recent increase in younger aged posters (myself included,) I am a bit annoyed by some of the older members responding to a post with "well... its a 14 year old... what do you expect" OR "get over it... you are just a whiney 13 year old". I think that is just as bad as poor grammar posts. Peoples opinions of a topic shouldn't change depending on who posts it or who makes a comment.

My number one pet peeve on all coaster forums.

I noticed a crap load of posts in the random forum today by what looks like people who were just trying to "pad" their post count.

I know it's the random forum, but when we see 20 threads where the last person to post is all the same person, and it's all pointless crap, this is also "posting for posting sake."

And it was by a 14 year old. I know some of you younger posters feel as though this is "ageism" but I have to be honest.....there are stereotypes for a reason. I'm not saying all of our younger members do this, because we have a lot of 14 to 17 year olds that post GREAT stuff, but it would seem like we have more issues with our 14 to 17 year old members posting for posting sake than our older members.

So please, if you want to cut down on this "ageism" thing that some of you complained about (which I think is B.S., BTW) then DO something about it by helping out your fellow younger TPR members and give them advice on how to create better posts rather than trying to blame the adults for "ageism."

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

--Robb

Can do, Robb. Personally, I think my posts have been pretty productive as of coming back (thanks, Wes).

A note to all the new younger members here: Robb busts his ass every day trying to make this website as appealing to everybody as possible. Take the time to make sure that what you're posting can help make his efforts worthwhile. So many people out there seem to think that their opinion matters as much as Robb's does, but it doesn't, and if you guys understand that, people will stop yelling at you for sloppy posting. Thanks.

Okay... I was not trying to start an "ageism war" or whatever it is. All I wanted to add was that a person's age should not reflect how the person is viewed... which I have seen a lot recently on the boards.

I would like to say, however, that I completely respect your trying to keep these boards professional... which is something you don;t see too much online... so I respect your opinions.

-Andrew

^I dunno, I mean most people here don't treat me any differently than older people, at least that I can see. No one will label you if you act maturely (I'm not saying you are acting immaturely, because I don't know you, so I can't judge you), because it isn't annoying to read posts or have a conversation with someone who acts maturely.

So many people out there seem to think that their opinion matters as much as Robb's does, but it doesn't

I'm sorry is there a hierarchy of members opinions on here? Surely that in itself would lead to people feeling unvalued (or undervalued) and liable to post crap because if they give their opinion, it won't be considered.

Sorry if that was taken the wrong way. What I meant with the part about the opinion was that so many people are posting for posting's sake, it leads me to believe that these people think that they can get away with it because of the belief that their opinion is supreme on Robb and Elissa's site, which it is not.

Hopefully this cleared up any misconceptions with my post; I worded it pretty poorly near the end.

Okay... I was not trying to start an "ageism war" or whatever it is. All I wanted to add was that a person's age should not reflect how the person is viewed... which I have seen a lot recently on the boards.

I would like to say, however, that I completely respect your trying to keep these boards professional... which is something you don;t see too much online... so I respect your opinions.

-Andrew

In all seriousness, if you are worried about people judging you based on your age, which I do not (as you seem quite intelligent and your posts are nice and legible), you can remove your age from your profile. I notice a lot of people who don't have their age listed beside their post. Just a suggestion. And before anyone else asks, I've seen useless posts be closed, no matter what the age is of the poster, so removing your age will not help you if you don't follow the forum's rules, which Robb has every right to set and enforce as owner of the site. Just a suggestion if you really feel this way, Andrew. On a side note, I hope nobody has "looked down" on you because of your age, as I believe if every one in your agegroup posted like you do, there wouldn't be any problem.

-James Dillaman

^ Thank you!

But, in all honesty, I've only really noticed the age thing recently... but it is no big deal. I can see all the reasons why it is to be expected.

Basically, it's not that big of a problem as I have only seen it on a couple on the topics out of the many on this site everyday... so... hooray!

I do greatly respect this forum as everyone on it seems very intelligent and it is one of the few places where people of all ages can talk about a common love. ( Go integration!!??!!)

-Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Going to "bump" this as a reminder because I've had to delete a LOT of posts this week from our "younger" members.

Please don't make "pointless" posts...it' just clogs up the board with crap and buries the really good topics.

Thank You!

--Robb

i really need to pay some attentions when i post new stuffs in the

thread so people can get it so easy because i have found some of

my stuffs posted few days ago got deleted.

i guess i am kind of people who has got really bad grammar or

bad speller and that means i am really stupid.

i'll try to clean it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to bump this again, because I'm seeing more posts this week that I've had to delete due to bad grammar including sentences not being capitalized or lack of punctuation, misspelled words, users not searching before posting (how can you miss that we had a BGW construction thread???), etc, etc....

Also, if you have a post that's been deleted, and then you post again giving us attitude, it's probably not going to make your case any better!

And even more so if you're only 13 years old!

--Robb "Please spell check your posts...it's really NOT too much to ask." Alvey

Representing the younger age group of TPR. Come on guys, It's getting embarrassing to be known as the “younger” users on here. I’m not saying my posts are perfect, or that every younger user makes bad posts. What I’m saying is, why not make good posts? More people will read and/or reply if your posts are clean, and it’ll make for a better, happier TPR.

Another good thing to do is type out your posts in a word processor that will correct spelling/grammar then copy and paste it into the comment window.

Let’s give our age group a better reputation.

I do want to point out that I've deleted posts this week from adults too....but I'd say the ratio is about 5 to 1 ages 13 to 18 versus 19+

So again, I don't meant to single out the "younger" members....but there *IS* a statistical reason for it!

And Fitness, thanks for stepping up and helping!

--Robb

I would just like to take a second to applaud Robb for trying to keep this site as proper as possible. I can’t even imagine how hard it is to manage a site this large and you (and the other administrators/moderators) do a great job of keeping things in line. I try to keep my posts as clean as possible, and it sometimes amazes me that people can be so oblivious to spelling and grammar. C'mon guys, this is a great site, let's keep it that way!