TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Internet Wood Coaster Poll Results Are IN!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Voyage. But that's just because I rank speed, laterals, and a decent a$$ whooping over airtime.

Hells yea! And a decent whoopin it gives out!

No suprise in the polls. I assumed the top three would play out exactly like that. I was suprised that Thunderhead fell a bit, but oh well. Still a classy ride.

Wood is good! Ill take the entire top 15 over any steelie in the world. Except like 2 or 3. And with this new TGG ride supposedly going into Kemah, wtf its a crazy layout.

I found Raven and Legend to be fairly average. Good, but nothing special.

Voyage blew me away. There's not many rides that can leave me winded by the time it's over.

Have to agree with the Raven comment, have ridden it many times all over the train and still don't get what people see in it. How it was ever #1 amazes me. How it still ranks at #11 really amazes me. It's just average at best.

Man, the Golden Tickets/Amusement Today rankings were way more accurate than this poll.

Huh?!? Explain. This poll, unlike any other, allows anyone to participate, which gives a better sampling than a bunch of random ballots sent out to a few people in Ohio, most of whom have never done little to no international travelling. The way this poll is structured makes it the most accurate and fair one out there.

Sure, I suppose the more people you get to participate gives you even more accurate results, but you cannot force people to participate in the poll. I personally think this is the most accurate poll out there, even if I don't agree with the top selection...

dt

What's a Paul Drabek?

Is that a fatty patch jacket Robb sighting? People keep telling me about FPJR. This confirms my hunch that this alleged Paul D. realy doesn't exist. Anybody could be photoshopped into that seat. Except for the fact that no one could fit in a seat next to Robb during that dark time of his life. I still think he is just some dude that has been digitally composited into someones computer then makes random appearances via the internet. You can create completely fictional personas on the web these days.

Look at all the pictures people have of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. Experts still have never proved either have, or does exist.

Guy "My thirst for hard, cold evidence does not allow me to believe." Koepp

hi ya, my name is adam and I rode my first coaster this year. I am 24 years old. I rode the legend first and then Voyage and then raven. Let me say that Paul is a blast to ride with. I did it two times this summer. I got no where near his 270 some rides on the voyage, but got 9. I am going ot be a season pass holder by spring to hw. I am going in march to Cypress Gardens and Busch gardens. I sure hope that whoever said that they think paul doesn't exist is kidding.

Voyage blew me away. There's not many rides that can leave me winded by the time it's over.

Have to agree with the Raven comment, have ridden it many times all over the train and still don't get what people see in it. How it was ever #1 amazes me. How it still ranks at #11 really amazes me. It's just average at best.

I prefer the back seat of the Raven, as the drops are much more intense there. Apparently, the Raven is all about the night rides, which I haven't got to try yet, because HW closes so darn early.

I personally can see why the Raven is a top 20 ride. It packs quite a fast, crazy ride for such small little coaster. Now, I think Cornball Express and Avalanche pack even crazier rides into small footprints.

But more importantly:
At the other end of the poll, California's Grizzly made it 12 straight years in dead last. Intrastate rival

Psyclone made a bid for last, but was preferred 37 to 26 by mutual riders over Grizzly.

LOL, WOW, well at least its good at something

I'm just Glad My New Mexico Rattler is in the top 25, yippee

Looking foward to next year

This is embaressing... my coaster count is 81 yet the top coaster ive been on on that list is #27, ghostrider... I seriously need to do some riding....

Don't feel bad Flipdude. It took me three days to do my steel poll, and sadly most of my new coasters were down between 80 and 200 on my ballot. *That says something about the bulk of the Japanese coasters.)

It was odd seeing only one coaster with insufficient riders for inclusion this year, there is usually a bunch. Some folks got out to India finally I guess. Jupiter will likely move up into the normal ranks next year, but it isn't all that fantastic.

I prefer the back seat of the Raven, as the drops are much more intense there. Apparently, the Raven is all about the night rides, which I haven't got to try yet, because HW closes so darn early.

I personally can see why the Raven is a top 20 ride. It packs quite a fast, crazy ride for such small little coaster. Now, I think Cornball Express and Avalanche pack even crazier rides into small footprints.

I also think Raven is over rated. I rode it about 5 times the day I was there, and I just couldn't see why people liked it so much.

All 3 Intamin Woodies in the Top 10...I'll take that!

Oh, and I'll still never understand the love for Boulderdash, I've ridden it at some of the "BEST EVENT EVER" events, and didn't think anything of it. Odd.

I totally agree. It is my least favorite coaster out of the 62 wooden and steel I have ridden. Nothing but jackhammering on the bottoms of hills, forceless, hardly ANY airtime, and way overrated.

I am glad to see Toro got #3. I've been on it 14 times and I'm still debating whether it's better than SROS at SFNE. Right now it's a tie for my #1.

Man, the Golden Tickets/Amusement Today rankings were way more accurate than this poll.

Huh?!? Explain. This poll, unlike any other, allows anyone to participate, which gives a better sampling than a bunch of random ballots sent out to a few people in Ohio, most of whom have never done little to no international travelling. The way this poll is structured makes it the most accurate and fair one out there.

dt

Like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, "I keed. I keed." Mitch's poll is a thousand times more accurate, IMO, than that Golden Ticket crap. It's no wonder Cedar Point has 6 billion adds in that magazine since those awards make that park look like the greatest thing going.

It amazes me that Cedar Point hasn't announced plans to build a new wooden coaster cause I guarentee that it would probably be automatically number one on the Golden Ticket awards if it was at all a decent ride... thus many people would subcosciously convince themselves it was great even if it was truly mediocre. I'm already bracing myself for the top three ranking the Golden Ticket is going to give Maverick, but I'll hold back that argument till it happens.

dt

Like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, "I keed. I keed." Mitch's poll is a thousand times more accurate, IMO, than that Golden Ticket crap. It's no wonder Cedar Point has 6 billion adds in that magazine since those awards make that park look like the greatest thing going.

It amazes me that Cedar Point hasn't announced plans to build a new wooden coaster cause I guarentee that it would probably be automatically number one on the Golden Ticket awards if it was at all a decent ride... thus many people would subcosciously convince themselves it was great even if it was truly mediocre. I'm already bracing myself for the top three ranking the Golden Ticket is going to give Maverick, but I'll hold back that argument till it happens.

I'm just hoping that Maverick turns out to be a great ride. Damn the rankings. Everything looks great so far.

I can't believe that the Coaster at Playland made #19! I live about an hour away from Playland and I've been on that coaster more times than any 5 people put together, so far my count is 1653 times on it since i went onto it over 15 years ago. Hey Robb try beating that! Also the sad thing is I've only been 1 of the top 25 coasters on this poll which is really sad because I'm an ACEr I'm probably the ACEr with the least amount of coaster credits right now I really have to get my numbers up badly.

What's a Paul Drabek?

Is that a fatty patch jacket Robb sighting? People keep telling me about FPJR. This confirms my hunch that this alleged Paul D. realy doesn't exist. Anybody could be photoshopped into that seat. Except for the fact that no one could fit in a seat next to Robb during that dark time of his life. I still think he is just some dude that has been digitally composited into someones computer then makes random appearances via the internet. You can create completely fictional personas on the web these days.

Look at all the pictures people have of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. Experts still have never proved either have, or does exist.

Guy "My thirst for hard, cold evidence does not allow me to believe." Koepp

hi ya, my name is adam and I rode my first coaster this year. I am 24 years old. I rode the legend first and then Voyage and then raven. Let me say that Paul is a blast to ride with. I did it two times this summer. I got no where near his 270 some rides on the voyage, but got 9. I am going ot be a season pass holder by spring to hw. I am going in march to Cypress Gardens and Busch gardens. I sure hope that whoever said that they think paul doesn't exist is kidding.

I never kid around! Especially with something as serious as someones existance. That would be unethical.

Guy "Ask anybody that posts here in the forums." Koepp