TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Theme Park Chain

What is your favorite theme park chain?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite theme park chain?

• Six Flags (Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great Adventure)
    • Cedar Fair (Knott's Berry Farm, Cedar Point)
    • Tussaud's (Alton Towers, Thorpe Park)
    • Disney (Walt Disney World, Disneyland)
    • Busch (Busch Gardens parks, SeaWorld parks)
    • Lego Parks (legoland Cali, germany)
    • Universal (Florida, Hollywood)
    • Herschend Family Entertainment (Silver Doller City, Dollywood)
    • Kennywood Corp. (Kennywood, Lake Compounce)
    • Paramount Parks (Paramount's King's Island, Paramount's Great America)
    • Star Parks (Walibi Parks, Movie World Parks)

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the difference here is Theme Park vs. Amusement Park. For themes, I honestly don't think there is anything better than Disney. They truly immerse you in whatever area you are in. In terms of Amusement, Six Flags is up on the list, but I certainly can't give my best judgement because I haven't been to nearly enough parks.

I think the difference here is Theme Park vs. Amusement Park. For themes, I honestly don't think there is anything better than Disney. They truly immerse you in whatever area you are in. In terms of Amusement, Six Flags is up on the list, but I certainly can't give my best judgement because I haven't been to nearly enough parks.

Disney has slipped a few times with Theming (Dino Rama for example) and I'm not saying Six Flags is any better with theming. In my mind, there is no perfect theme park company and I'm fine with that.

Hard not to go with Disney, although everyone seems to try and copy Disney with some aspect of a theme, operation, design...

I think each chain has some good (and bad) issues, it just depends on each individuals perspective of what makes the park chain his/her favorite.

Disney has slipped a few times with Theming (Dino Rama for example) and I'm not saying Six Flags is any better with theming. In my mind, there is no perfect theme park company and I'm fine with that.

Well, they were trying to re-create the aura of a really crappy tourist trap, and they succeeded all too well.

Hard not to go with Disney, although everyone seems to try and copy Disney with some aspect of a theme, operation, design..

That's not really an "although" point, it shows that they are the ones to beat that everyone is trying to imitate.

Well, they were trying to re-create the aura of a really crappy tourist trap, and they succeeded all too well.

Maybe, but the tourist trap area doesn't work with an Animal themed park.

That was back in the days when Disney did some strange and/or weak themes (Dinorama, DCA, WDS, etc.). Though, recently, I have only seen great-looking attractions built at Disney with quality found in no other chain. That is why I choose Disney as the best chain since their quality is unbeatable. There's a reason why they own the most attended parks in the world.

What about Parques Reunidos? They have to be considered pretty major player in the industry.

Not that I would choose them for the win, but they are very interesting because of their way of keeping each park they own very individual.

They own parks like Tusenfryd, Bonbonland, Mirabilandia, Parque Warner, Bobbejaanland, Lake Compounce and Kennywood.

Maybe, but the tourist trap area doesn't work with an Animal themed park.

Er, OK--just jokin', young feller.

Disney has done some great work recently with Carsland at DCA and the new Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom.

My vote goes for Disney. I love thrill rides, but I'm far more into themed rides. Disney knows how to do some very excellent themed rides, make solid thrill rides with great theming, and make rides everyone can enjoy. Not to mention they make the best food.

Universal's a close second for me. They've made some pretty fantastic themed and thrill rides. Also, Halloween Horror Nights.

Ceder Fair for making Knott's better, and being more balanced. I like how they're trying to ease in some more dark rides/themed rides while providing some of the best coasters in the country.

Busch would be a fourth for me, but after that, that's as far as the list goes for me. I'm kind of shocked to see Six Flags get higher votes than Universal. To each his own.

Name another example. Disney is the example that other parks follow when it comes to theming. Even their weak attempts at themes surpass the vast majority of other parks.

I actually really enjoy DinoRama. Read up on the backstory and it will make a lot more sense. I understand that the carnival area is pretty ghetto, but the DinoInstitute is brilliant (especially some of the old McDonald's tie-ins) and the souvenir shop can keep a theming junkie like me entertained for hours. I have no qualms with Joe Rhode's work at all.

I chose universal for it is like disney with all of the movies and outstanding themeing, but with thrill rides. Yes they are two completely different corporations, universal has that edge i want in a theme park. Disney is fantastic and magical but it is for families. Plus Universal has Harry Potter so that pits it up and over Disney for me

I chose universal for it is like disney with all of the movies and outstanding themeing, but with thrill rides. Yes they are two completely different corporations, universal has that edge i want in a theme park. Disney is fantastic and magical but it is for families. Plus Universal has Harry Potter so that pits it up and over Disney for me

Well, if you're using Marvel rides at Universal (for thrills), aren't the characters now owned by disney . In all seriousness, each has their own merits, Disney for the Family Themeing, Universal for more thrills (And one of the best Halloween Events). I'm just bias because I prefer Disney haha.