TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

^ I really like AC, so I'll have to I've that one a try!

^Yeah, I think it would be hard to play it with any sort of other control system. Much like Marble Madness. I still want one of those arcade machines for my house...

dt

I've been wanting to make one for a long time. Maybe that will be my winter project.

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamfall Chapters, Part 1 comes out tomorrow. I've been looking forward to that one for quite a while. The Longest Journey was a great old-school adventure game. Some of the puzzles were a bit convoluted, and the sequel had some issues with controls, but the storytelling was really good in both games.

^I look forward to that game. Not buying anything until the next Steam sale, though.

dt

Same here. Those deals are usually so good that it's worth the wait. Still waiting for Legend of Zelda to be released for the Wii U. When it's finally released, I might have to pick up a Wii U.

^ Bought the iPad version of the game. While I really like the concept and the characters and the idea of working at a Chuck E Cheese-esque place after hours with the animatronics trying to kill you, I thought the gameplay itself was lackluster. All you do is just look at cameras and occasionally flick on a light. And really, the only scares in this game are cheap jumpscares that could scare anyone.

Having said that, despite the gameplay looking to be more of the same, I am curious to see what the sequel goes with the story, characters, and whatnot.

So "Five Nights at Freddy's 2" was unexpectedly released this past Monday. Honestly, for me it's more hot-and-cold than the last game. I don't know, to me something is off about the sequel and it's missing something that the first game did right. Maybe it's the lack of any real strategy with the animatronics (they have no real patterns, they just show up when they feel like it) or the somewhat lazy kill animations, but the sequel is not really doing it for me.

Having said that though, the surprise twist at the end really got me and I am still all the more curious about the game's lore and background.

Just finished To the Moon, a point-and-click style adventure game made with RPG Maker. It was really fantastic. Though the puzzles were a bit simplistic, they focused on the story, and wow, did the story pack a punch. Without spoiling anything, it's essentially the story of an old man's regrets. Very highly recommended.