TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Got Uncharted Golden Abyss, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and Retro City Rampage.

I absolutely LOVE the online functions of this thing. Can't wait until I get Tearaway and Need for Speed for it tomorrow.

Golden Abyss is great. It was one of the initial PS+ offerings in November 2012, and I subsequently platinumed it. It's not done by Naughty Dog, but it's still a top tier game in my opinion. Retro City Rampage is awesome too, really reminds me of a mashup between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES and the original Grand Theft Auto on PS1. I haven't bought Thieves in Time yet, but I have played the one hour trial. It's absolutely the Sly from the PS2 with all the goodies the PS3 era brought to open-world platformers. Still waiting for that one one a good sale or free PS+. I don't pay full price for any games anymore. Too many good ones are already on my backlog.

I got the new Bioshock and God of War Ascension. I've been a big fan of God of War, and this one seems pretty good so far! I'm also really liking Bioshock.

I bought God of War Ascension when it went to $10 a couple weeks ago. Slowly making my way through it after the kids go to bed. It's visually the best thing I've seen on PS3, even above Assassin's Creed III. Looking forward to Bioshock Infinite--I'll get it on Tuesday when it goes free and start it once I finish God of War. I can really only have one late-night game going at a time.

I got Grand Theft Auto V for Christmas. I just started playing it yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it. There's been some new features added for GTA V so there's a little bit of a learning curve.

Yeah it took me a while to get used to the controls/gameplay in GTA V. Especially driving since I usually don't use the R2 to accelerate unless I have to so I kept going to push X to drive.

Skylanders was introduced this Christmas morning. Kids are happy. Wallet thinks we need some time apart from each other.

It's a money pit type of game. I bought the first game starter set earlier this year when I saw it for $12 at Target figuring I would give the game a try for that price and also thought the 3 included figures would be enough. I didn't realize that certain parts of most levels are locked unless you have a Skylander of a certain element. Even picking up the figures on clearance, I still spend close to $30 on more figures. I'm staying away from Disney Infinity for that reason.

Has anybody here gotten Season Two of Telltale's Walking Dead yet? I want to know if it's worth it or not.

Also I just got the Vita versions of Sly Cooper, Littlebigplanet, and Most Wanted.

Most wanted so far is pretty much Burnout Paradise with police cars. Kind of lame considering I already own Paradise for my PS3 and PC.

^ Season 2 is different (slightly for the worse, IMO), but based on the first episode, it's absolutely worth experiencing if you liked Season 1.

I bought Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons today. I think my feelings are effectively summarized by the fact that I played through the entire thing in a single sitting. I mean, yeah, it only took me 2.5 hours, but it was one of the most engrossing, beautiful, and powerful games I've ever played.

It's a money pit type of game. I bought the first game starter set earlier this year when I saw it for $12 at Target figuring I would give the game a try for that price and also thought the 3 included figures would be enough. I didn't realize that certain parts of most levels are locked unless you have a Skylander of a certain element. Even picking up the figures on clearance, I still spend close to $30 on more figures. I'm staying away from Disney Infinity for that reason.

Yeah needing a Skylander of a certain element really threw us, especially since we never seemed to have one of the element the game was calling for. Pretty frustrating since we had 7 figures thanks to a decent sale but still didn't have the "right" figures.

Oh well, kids like the figurines more than the game so far. Just gotta make sure they keep the Swap Force characters intact. Otherwise we'll start losing halves like people lose socks.

I bought Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons today. I think my feelings are effectively summarized by the fact that I played through the entire thing in a single sitting. I mean, yeah, it only took me 2.5 hours, but it was one of the most engrossing, beautiful, and powerful games I've ever played.

If you thought that was good, get Journey.

It's just stunning.

When that Smash Bros trailer started playing during the last Nintendo Direct, I was so excited for a potential sequel to Kirby Air Ride. They sure love to tease, and they played me for a complete fool.

Epic Mickey 2 was a HUGE disappointment. It looks nice, but with so many glitches and bad ai. It's just unplayable. Oswald is supposed to be a playable character, but I couldn't even make him jump.

If you liked the first Epic Mickey, do yourself a favor and still the hell away from this game.

On a lighter note, I'm playing Mario 3D World and enjoying it immensely.