TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Games

Just beat the Ladder mode after 16 losses...most on Shao Kahn and Kintaro. I initially was using Scorpion, found an advantage with Sheeva and her ground stomp, then finally had to keep Kahn at bay with Stryker by spamming grenades. So sure it's not the most efficient way of beating it but it got the job done.

PS3 players, have you guys been having problems signing onto the PSN? This makes day 2 now that I haven't been able to sign in...lame stuff!

Ha, I had the same problem until I tried Noob. He works pretty well against Shao Kahn also...you can spam the move where you send the shadow guy towards him.

That sucks about PSN, it has been working for me, I was playing Socom 4 a lot yesterday.

^Owch, my condolences.

So, in honor of Portal2's release, I decided to give Portal another runthrough before I got to tackling part two and...wow. I forget just how frightening Portal is sometimes. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Portal 2 will keep you up for days.

Juste beat Portal 2, total mind-f. The ending is crazier, the writing is perfect, the puzzles go beyond test chambers, and it's perfect. It's better than the first one, and that one was one of my favorite games of all time. I'm going to play through again tonight with developer commentary.

Such a rough time for the PSN to be down with all of these major games just being released this week. From what I've read, Playstation Network is in fact down and will be for a couple days as things get fixed.

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?45736-PSN-outage-could-last-two-days

One of the rumors are stating that a group of PS3 Hackers (or hacker?) got sued by Sony so somehow effed up the PSN. How likely that is I don't know. The only real answer we know is that "It's down for maintenance..." Sounds kind of like CGA's "Opening up new opportinities" euphemism.

^Owch, my condolences.

So, in honor of Portal2's release, I decided to give Portal another runthrough before I got to tackling part two and...wow. I forget just how frightening Portal is sometimes. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Juste beat Portal 2, total mind-f. The ending is crazier, the writing is perfect, the puzzles go beyond test chambers, and it's perfect. It's better than the first one, and that one was one of my favorite games of all time. I'm going to play through again tonight with developer commentary.

Has anyone tried the co-op yet? The single player story arch is some of the best I've ever played. Can't wait to see what new experiences co-op brings to the table.

Also, be prepared to play multiple levels with no commentary. It is much more spread out than in the first game.

^Owch, my condolences.

Has anyone tried the co-op yet? The single player story arch is some of the best I've ever played. Can't wait to see what new experiences co-op brings to the table.

Also, be prepared to play multiple levels with no commentary. It is much more spread out than in the first game.

I just beat the game again with developer commentary. I think there was as much as last time in terms of spread out. I wish they had WAY more though in the opening areas of, well, the second part of the game (not to spoil it!)

First play through was about 10 hours (12 hours if you're not as dedicated as I am) and the second play through was done in about 7.

Still worth every penny.

And no I haven't gotten to Co-Op yet, but I'm going to get my sister involved over the weekend!

I've played about half of the co-op so far, and it's pretty awesome.

It's great to "accidentally" kill your friend.

Well, PSN is STILL down...but I don't play games online that much, so it doesn't really affect me. I'm just watching my Netflix on my Wii instead of the PS3 at the moment. I have a 360 too, but I never much cared for Netflix on that device.

I got Mortal Kombat recently, and I am impressed! Easily the best MK game in years. All the new moves, fatalities, and other assorted bloody goodness are welcome to me, but I have to say, Noob is easily the most surprising character in this game. I always saw him as disposable in the past, but now, he is all kinds of awesome. His X-ray move is easily the most brutal of them all, and his "make a wish" fatality is one of the most memorable as well.

The story behind Caroline in the retro labs made me sad. Also, POTaTO is the best thing ever!

I also was crying from laughing at (SPOILER ALERT) Aristotle vs. mashy spike plate, so hard that I died and forgot to shoot the portal, the same happened in chapter nine: the part where he kills you.(END SPOILER)

The ending was amazing and I love the song.

I've been having a lot of fun with the new MK. I'm glad there's so much to do in the game since the PSN has been down. It's amazing how people protested the first MK for the violence and I haven't heard anything about this game. Definitely one of the most brutal games I have ever played. Even the Krypt reminds me of the Saw movies

Game News: Nintendo Confirms New Console for 2012

Source: Nintento

April 25, 2011

Nintendo Co., Ltd, confirmed today in a press release that is has decided to launch a successor to the Wii in 2012. The company said it has sold 86.01 million units of the Wii between its launch in 2006 and the end of March 2011.

"We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles," Nintendo said.

The company did not provide any further specs. "As for the details of exactly what it will be, we have decided that it is best to let people experience it for themselves at E3," Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata said.

"So I won't talk about specific details today, but it will offer a new way of playing games within the home," he added.

We'll have more details on the system from E3, so stay tuned!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=76816

Can't wait to see what it is. Super Wii?

I've been having a lot of fun with the new MK. I'm glad there's so much to do in the game since the PSN has been down. It's amazing how people protested the first MK for the violence and I haven't heard anything about this game. Definitely one of the most brutal games I have ever played. Even the Krypt reminds me of the Saw movies

I'm surprised too that nobody is complaining. I thought MK would create a crap-storm. Oh well, that's just fine by me!

Also, I love King of the Hill, that's really fun!

I'm shocked as well about the controversy (or lack thereof) surrounding this game. Back in the 90s, it was huge. The news was interviewing Ed Boon, MK's creator about violence and how far is too far. I guess it was so controversial at the time because it really was one of the first games to use realistic people/digitized sprites, as well as having blood. I liked how on Boon's interview, when they asked if they will ever draw the line to having too much violence he told them 'yes' but had a little smirk on his face (as in "yea, right...keep dreaming guys!").

Interview:

I'd say give this game some time for more people to hear about it. In the long run, if you live in Australia, sorry folks! No MK for you! I guess it's banned there due to the excessive violence and gore.

I did get to try King of the Hill mode once which was completely awesome. I went for my second round when the PSN pretty much took the final blow before being consistently off. I didn't get to play my second round.

I'd say give this game some time for more people to hear about it. In the long run, if you live in Australia, sorry folks! No MK for you! I guess it's banned there due to the excessive violence and gore.

The problem in Australia was the lack of a mature rating option for video games. So any game that would generate a mature rating in North America would be banned, or modified for release in Australia.

The worst was the Australia version of Left 4 Dead 2. They had to cut out all the blood, gore, fire, etc. It's pretty ridiculous. Like when you set a zombie on "fire" they run around like they're aflame, but with no visual fire.

Ya I feel bad for the Australian gamers who really wanted to play MK9 I don't really see a way to tone it down without taking away from the gameplay. Plus, many people buy Mortal Kombat FOR the gore so if it somehow were changed to fit that MA15 rating in Australia I don't think it would sell very well.

^As much as I hate to admit it, I don't mind any of the NFS games (with the exception of ProStreet). They're just good fun type games to mash on for an hour when bored. Not groundbreaking, but there you go.

Forza4, imo, looks redundant with Forza3 existing unless one has a Kinect.

I like the Era of NFS underground and I really REALLY like Most wanted. I want them to go back and make an Underground for the new generation that is GOOD! Otherwise I'll just stick to Forza.

Yeah, Most Wanted was by far the best NFS ever, with Carbon following in 3rd or 4th. Hot Pursuit 2 (NFS-4) was probably the 2nd best, followed by Underground 2. NFS has kind-of fallen wayside. As a replacement, I play Test Drive 2 and Forza 3.

I'm wondering what new stuff Forza 4 will bring. Like someone said earlier, it seems kind-of redundant right now, but if there is something ground-breaking (like a race track creator) I'm all for it. I guess we'll have to wait until Turn 10 sheds more light on the project. They haven't really shown anything other than a [beautiful] Ford GT being opened up.