TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

I still think the park needs to have better instruction on what to do if you lose something on a ride.

Really?!??! You're BLAMING THE PARK!?!?!? What the hell is wrong with you?!?!?! You mean a fence and a GIANT METAL ROLLER COASTER SCREAMING BY YOU isn't instruction enough to figure out that you shouldn't be going to get a lost cell phone in a restricted area???

You know, they put up the fences and signs because of people like you.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.thumb.jpg.5ba56a402c0da32c561fcd1bce9b6fa6.jpg

I still think the park needs to have better instruction on what to do if you lose something on a ride.

Really?!??! You're BLAMING THE PARK!?!?!? What the hell is wrong with you?!?!?! You mean a fence and a GIANT METAL ROLLER COASTER SCREAMING BY YOU isn't instruction enough to figure out that you shouldn't be going to get a lost cell phone in a restricted area???

No. I said he's totally at fault. But there isn't much instruction on what to do if you lose an item on a ride. I'm not saying that to justify ignoring "RESTRICTED AREA" signs. I'm just saying they could have a little more information on what to do in that circumstance. I had to talk my brother out of a similar situation because he didn't know he could simply go and fill out a form to have it returned to him at a later time.

It's amazing to me after how many times this has happened, people still a) jump fences into restricted ride areas and b) once they are inside the area don't hear or see the train coming.

Oh, humanity...

He said they need to put up better instructions if you loose an article. I see signs at other parks, by there aren't many signs that say "your items will be retrieved after the park closes" or something. It should be common sense to climb not over the fence though..

Suspicion confirmed. He's totally at fault. But I still think the park needs to have better instruction on what to do if you lose something on a ride.

Taken right from the park map. And if he didn't have a map, the signs around the fence should have been pretty clear.

Thank you so much for posting this! For crying out loud, the park map has the answer LITERALLY printed right there. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for stupidity!

No. I said he's totally at fault. But there isn't much instruction on what to do if you lose an item on a ride. I'm not saying that to justify ignoring "RESTRICTED AREA" signs. I'm just saying they could have a little more information on what to do in that circumstance. I had to talk my brother out of a similar situation because he didn't know he could simply go and fill out a form to have it returned to him at a later time.

No, you're absolutely suggesting the park is to blame. And you don't even realize what you are saying. Wow, you're a f**kig idiot. So is your brother.

--Robb "Looks like you did draw the shortest straw" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Suspicion confirmed. He's totally at fault. But I still think the park needs to have better instruction on what to do if you lose something on a ride.

Taken right from the park map. And if he didn't have a map, the signs around the fence should have been pretty clear.

Thank you so much for posting this! For crying out loud, the park map has the answer LITERALLY printed right there. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for stupidity!

Fine print on a park map isn't exactly the best way to tell people how to retrieve their lost items. But seriously, I agree. He made a horribly ill-advised decision to ignore the signs in front of his face.

I just truly think the sheer stupidity of people is absolutely mind blowing. I do feel bad for his family, but seriously, if "Danger Do Not Enter", or "Restricted Area" along with an 8 ton train roaring by on steel tubes does not keep you from placing yourself within feet of the ride, you're going to die sooner or later doing something stupid.

He said they need to put up better instructions if you loose an article. I see signs at other parks, by there aren't many signs that say "your items will be retrieved after the park closes" or something.

First of all, it's "lose" not "loose" and I'm assuming that since you're too dumb to know the difference between those two things, that you're also dumb enough to agree that the park would actually need more signage and be partially at fault.

I honestly cannot believe there are people on this forum that would ACTUALLY BELIEVE or think the park might be even slightly remotely at fault due to a lack of signage or instruction. That concept is just so amazingly stupid to me it blows my mind.

We're supposed to be "theme park experts" here, not theme park morons.

lose.png.d43cf5a1e9edae702e616601063ee3d0.png

Edited by robbalvey

The crazy part about these inverted incidents (2x SFOG's Batman, Flight Deck, Raptor) is these are LOUD old school B&Ms. How can you NOT hear the train comin??! Just very odd and unfortunate

EXACTLY! Hell maybe if he would've hit the deck a couple shoes would've hit his ribs instead of in the face.

Common sense isn't so common I'm afraid. I truly agree with the person wondering how they don't see the train when in the area though. I mean, like being in the area is stupid enough, but you CAN be in a restricted area and out of the path. Like, how oblivious do you have to be to a) enter a restricted area b) not think "I should keep my eyes peeled for the lethal hazard in this area c) not see or hear said hazard coming d) avoid said hazard, which is completely possible, e) immediately regret your decision and get the hell out of the area.

Like, truly though. I know trash talking the dead isn't classy, but I've been way too close to this very situation too many times, and spoken to these idiots too many times to have sympathy for the idiocy that values a cell phone above your own personal safety, and ESPECIALLY the safety of others. I have no sympathy for this person.

Again, my sympathies to all the other people this affects, it really is sad.

Updated report says "Man was looking for his cell phone."

ugh, much like other things keep it in your pants. If people crave their own POV's so much they don't have to, other people make better POV's even parks are doing their own now.

So...how long do you guys think Raptor will be shut down?

It truly sucks for those planning to be there tomorrow, for the upcoming busy weekend, and into next week with what CP has in store...assuming we have to see it closed for a longer period than expected like at SFOG...

Of course this happens with days before the big announcement. Our world gained another Darwin Award and took us one step closer to "Idiocracy"...

So...how long do you guys think Raptor will be shut ?.

About a weekish. Even though the circumstances are pretty clear, they will still do a full investigation, and very likely the state will come out to inspect and recertify the ride. (Make sure the fences, signs, ops, etc are all up to standards set by the state).

CF may choose to keep it down beyond the mandate for PR or internal reasons, but I'd guess they want it back up and in the past ASAP. Of course, if they move fast, it might be up in only a few days (the the train involved may be out of service for a bit longer than the ride itself.)

An autopsy?

Why? Wtf do you think the cause of death is? I feel bad for this guy's family, but I gotta say that this guy was an idiot. All the low zones at the park have tall black fencing with signs all over them warning people not to go near (as if they should even have to put them up to begin with ). Common sense people. ..common sense.

I sure hope that nobody on the ride was hurt. With raptor being an inverted coaster, people's legs were dangling. Very sad and totally avoidable incident.

^This

Thoughts are with the family of the victim.

Updated report says "Man was looking for his cell phone."

Common sense would say to ask one of the rides employees that as I am positive that would've been able to tell you what to do.

When it comes to CP, it really looks like they do one of the best jobs when it comes to low zones as on most of their coasters there is not only one fence surrounding most of the ride area, there is a second taller one covering the lower areas the coaster goes through.

I agree that despite the tragedy, the guy seriously effed up.

The warning signs on the fence are there for a reason - heed them at all costs.

Just like the kid that jumped the fence to get his hat on Batman @ SFOG - he took the risk and it backfired...he's tragically dead now, end of story.

A serious tragedy for the survivors and the park for sure, but completely embarrassing to our society as a whole at the same time.

No one should be monetarily compensated for accidents like this either, but I am sure that there will be a lawsuit filed by the family against the park...and I wouldn't be surprised if they get some type of settlement out of it.

That's what irks me more about this type of accident than anything else. It will somehow still be the parks fault despite his failure to adhere to a (what seems to be) a very common sense rule.