TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

He's being serious. There used to be a word filter for it that changed it to poo-poo. The other forms of the word you're referring to were just getting around the filter. For anyone to pretend that a 13 year old doesn't know what "sh*t" is compared to the traditional spelling is pretty naive. Almost as silly as a 15 year old referring to a 13 year old as a small person, eh?

Yeah I was being serious. Though I usually self-censor: "Sh!t", etc

And yeah - what Zach said. I know there are kids on here, but my four year old nephew drops some dirty words on occasion thanks to his consistently foul mouthed dad. As do most of the other kids in my life. The idea that 13 year olds (and younger) don't know what we mean when we post something like "sh!t" is laughable.

edit: OMG can we say lockers now?

edit: I guess not.

What did you write to make that happen. I thought it was just something people said! Although the age restriction to join is 13, I was reading these forums from 9 (when I was more innocent than I am today) and was just thinking about those small people (Who yes, are small to me!) If we are assuming though that it is fine to swear due to the people who use this website, then surely we don't need to give a shit about swearing.

That was intended

What did you write to make that happen. I thought it was just something people said! Although the age restriction to join is 13, I was reading these forums from 9 (when I was more innocent than I am today) and was just thinking about those small people (Who yes, are small to me!) If we are assuming though that it is fine to swear due to the people who use this website, then surely we don't need to give a shit about swearing.

That was intended

You mean locker? You type the name of the locked boxes that many theme parks require you to put your things in. I guess there was too much heated discussion about it so they implemented the word filter to make things more entertaining.

^ You mean storage fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? That did nothing. I found fudge comes up when you type the f word but cannot find the bunny one.

This makes my head hurt.

^ You mean storage fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? That did nothing. I found fudge comes up when you type the f word but cannot find the bunny one.

This makes my head hurt.

CP-related, did anyone see this USA today contest that apparently Cedar Point is killing in? They posted on Twitter that they're #2 right now for "Best Amusement Park" but I can't seem to find what the current runnings are. Also, Valravn got best new amusement park attraction over Storm Chaser (2) and Lightning Rod (3). Not sure if it was mentioned on here before.

Leave it to Henry to derail the RMC layout study in the CP thread.

I'm also enjoying the fact that the ride specs haven't been announced yet. Shout out to all those collaborating to piece together the layout of the coaster. This is seriously why TPR is the best forum out there. I can't imagine what we'll be looking at a month out from now.

...Also, Valravn got best new amusement park attraction over Storm Chaser (2) and Lightning Rod (3).

Maybe because Valravn was actually open and Lightning Rod was well... Lightning Rod. #TooSoon??

In all seriousness though, given the problems Lightning Rod had, it's good to see that it still made it that high up the list!

So I'm guessing the launch will be after this next left curve, after passing under the lift? Looking good!

What launch? lol

The launch for the 2nd half of the ride, making this the world's longest coaster

Hey! Never say never!!

Why are the uprights on the 2nd turn "higher than the track?"?

So I'm guessing the launch will be after this next left curve, after passing under the lift? Looking good!

What launch? lol

The launch for the 2nd half of the ride, making this the world's longest coaster

Hey! Never say never!!

If they added a launch it would be Lightning Rod all over again.

You sure? There are other companies that have manufactured successful launches/mid-course launches, etc.

Not sure. Maybe they haven't cut away that part of the structure? Maybe they need to stay for support for some reason? I'd think that if there was more of the layout up there, they'd place ledgers when they did the first one. Don't count on the layout going back up there.

"They're Coming" seems to refer to some sort of dualing ride; unless it's themed after a swarm or heard of something plural.

If we get some shots of the base of what would be the first drop, we'll have a good idea of how tall/ if there's a launch involved. I've been wondering how close to the current lift structure that airtime pop before the first airtime hill gets.

If they added a launch, it wouldn't be that different than any other steel coaster launch in terms of reliability, I would think. I'm sure they would be very careful to avoid have Lightning Rod issues if they were to have a launch. Also, we still don't have any proof that the issues with Lightning Rod were due to the launch.