TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

WOW. In one day this thread has gone from rediculous, to uber rediculous!!

ATTENTION: This just in....a new bolt was just tightened!

Come on people!! Cedar Point is gonna have to trademark a new random name when this coaster is completed. At least just so the fanboys/girls will have something to keep talking about, and not need to be put on suicide watch due to the lack of development in the park.

Scott" Good Lord, I thought we were better than this" B.

yeah i know.. but it was kinda harsh..

is this nazi germany?

Good job double posting/ignoring my warning/being extremely annoying/making this thread EVEN WORSE than it was awhile back.

Enjoy your very own custom ban! We'll let you back in once Cedar Point officially announces the new coaster.

I've had it with these motherf*ckin fanboys in this motherf*ckin thread!

Also: Heil Hitler.

I've had it with these motherf*ckin fanboys in this motherf*ckin thread!

you just made my day I'm going to see that tomorrow.

Now, remind me again wheres this bunny hill? i dont see it on the webcam...unless its off the camera and the track goes back farther than i thought.

I just want to post for postings sake, and say that I enjoy reading everyone's musings. Wes, (In comic book guy's voice from simpsons): "Best... ban.... ever!" I was wondering when that was going to happen.

[/off topic]

Back on track, then: I wasn't that excited about this coaster awhile ago, but seeing it going up, it actually looks pretty decent. I don't care if it turns out to be an aquatrax (;) ) I'm hoping for some themeing, tho. Cedar Fair isn't really known for their theming (see disaster transport) but it would be nice to see. That's my 2 cents.

-James Dillaman

I have a theory:

Based on the EU patent applications drawings, there are two types of Wing Walker trains; one with the seats on top of the wings and the other with invert style seats.

Port Aventura's new coaster remains low to the ground and is a launched coaster and is pretty certain to be a Wing Walker design.

This new 2007 CP coaster could be a Wing Walker with the other type of train. It's low to the ground, believed to have launch elements and to be a new type of coaster. If this is true, both parks can claim to have a unique / first coaster type and both be correct.

Some of the pictures I've seen from the Point are the strangest looking pieces of track I've ever seen. I'm sure this is going to be the biggest, baddest, 50-inversion, launched Wingwalker the world has ever seen.

And how surprised would you all be if the name Maverick was going to Valleyfair instead, for whatever coaster is going in the back 40?

Paul "Would laugh my head off" Miller

hello i am new here, ive been watching the building of the new coaster (i came from the other cp forums thepointol.com). and i think those v shaped supports are going to be underneath the crest of the hill.

i think an aquatrax might be possible, but those usually have more theming to an area, and I dont think there is much they can do with that area as far as theming to make it fit in.. plus I don't know how an AT would fit cosmetically in frontiertown.

there are like 150 some pages of forums.. i didnt read them all, so forgive me if this has been said before!

jay

p.s. there was a video on youtube that was supposedly to be just like what was being built at CP, the vid was from the new ride at port aventura i believe.. the track in that video looks just like the layout that has been laid down at CP already... with the exception of the inversions

First off, welcome to TPR.

Now the more I think about it, the more I think that a wingwalker might actually be possible. Because Cedar Point has always been known for braking speed/height/length records, but theyre never had any really groundbreaking coaster types (atleast not in awhile anyways). So maybe they are going in a whole new direction as far as branching out from normal coasters that break records, and instead just new-age coaster designs that stay inbounds of everything else.

And also, look how high above the ground those turns are, probably to leave enough room for the train to keep from plastering riders on the ground.

Like I said, it probably will comedown to the train-type used

I have wondered what the gimmick will be of this ride.

We seem to have a some what regular track upright riding postion. Seems to have a lift and a lim launch. Looks to have some big hills and lots of low to the ground effects.

So what is the gimmick to the ride.

Would CP just build another coaster like all the others.

So either we are looking at a speed record.

Or a special car arrangement. The wingwalker idea seems more plausable to me.

I just wonder what would be special about a new ride if it were like all the others.

Seems to me its pointing more and more tward a wingwalker or maybe its a new floorlees type train that intamin has develepd.

Cant wait tell next month when I can get a look at the sight as I have a trip to CP coming up.