TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

dandaman said:

What if this thing has switchbacks?

dandaman said:

You should see the reaction when I posted the same thing on Pointbuzz.

I posted a similar idea on Point Buzz involving a mid-course transfer track. The train would pull up onto it [as an MCBR of sorts], transfer, and launch in the other direction onto the new track, travel backwards for a bit, and then transfer/launch again with the train facing forward this time. I mentioned the signs and the infamous "bike rack track" as well. Anyway, the reactions I got were pretty funny, but no one took anything seriously. Am I the only one that thinks this would be feasible, or is it just the fact that PointBuzz has become a complete mess?

Let me get some feedback on this...

Let me get some feedback on this...

Well, how does Revenge of the Mummy work? That has a bit of a backwards launch, travels through a bit of track, transfers then launches again. I don't see how that wouldn't work. Unless I'm completely mistaken about how Mummy worked.

^Yep....I believe that's right. Didn't even remember that, even though I rode it twice. People seem to think I'm speaking of a Dodonpa-esque launch in reverse...which would probably snap your neck. Anyway, thanks for the reply. Yeah, after my post over there I got stuff like:

- "They would have to like...staple your head to the seat to do a backwards launch"

- "The g-forces would be too high. It would probably cause too many injuries"

- "You've lost your mind"

- And my personal favorite, "Your a !@#$ing moron" [note the grammar]

Am I the only one who thinks that mass banning/locking is in order over there?

:edit: I hate being on a new page....

Some of the supports/track/construction are definetly interesting.

But I'm trying not to speculate at all. I'll just wait and watch, and eventually they'll announce it.

Some of the arguments going on in some forums are just stupid.

What really gets me is when someone posts some random thought, only to get ripped apart by someone saying "we already disprooved that 2 weeks ago".

I completely agree. A while ago, we all knew it was going to be dueling B&M flyers and anyone who said it was going to be another Intamin would have been shouted down. While speculation about a new coaster is fun, sometimes is just gets out of hand.

Some of the supports/track/construction are definetly interesting.

But I'm trying not to speculate at all. I'll just wait and watch, and eventually they'll announce it.

Some of the arguments going on in some forums are just stupid.

The first time I speculated (the same thing from the last page or so) and posted on PB, I only got lambasted by two people. I thought their quota was at least 7! For shame.

What really gets me is when someone posts some random thought, only to get ripped apart by someone saying "we already disprooved that 2 weeks ago".

Some people just need to unplug sometimes and get back to the real world.

This is exactly the problem. I like what Wally said sometime last year (he got banned from PB, by the way, so that should be some indication to this next part): "The site itself is great, but if I wanted a discussion board run like communist China, I'd visit theirs".

The first time I speculated (the same thing from the last page or so) and posted on PB, I only got lambasted by two people. I thought their quota was at least 7! For shame.

Yeah, I saw that comment and their responses. (only realized it was yours once you mentioned it here).

Only since the construction has begun getting interesting have I started going back to PB to check out the upates. Every time I look at the forums though I realize why I stopped posting there a long time ago, and will never post again.

Yeah, I saw that comment and their responses. (only realized it was yours once you mentioned it here).

Not very many other coaster enthusiasts from Belle River, I'd imagine.

And to PB: So, my ignorance had already been repeated. Sue me.

"The site itself is great, but if I wanted a discussion board run like communist China, I'd visit theirs".

I couldnt agree more with wally on that.

I also gotta agree with that. I like to go on there for updates, and occasionally I'll look at the boards and the attitudes of some of those people amaze me! Most of the time it isn't even the site admin or the mods, the regular members are just plain rude.