TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm still firmly saying 2018 since the christmas video confirmation.

There is that word again. Nothing was 'confirmed' in that video.

Will it open in 2017? We don't know.

Will it open in 2018? We don't know.

When will it open? we don't know

You wanna know who know? Not us.

But guess who knows.

youre right.

not us.

Can we please go back to talking about skyrides and boats please.

lol. Are you serious? The video said 2018 with the RMC hint - What more do you need? That's as close you can get to a confirmation without literally announcing it. If you want to get into semantics about the word "confirmation," you need a better use of your time.

Screenshot_2017-01-15-23-15-30_1.jpg.a77124e282a72fa6d3b7fda75a872a03.jpg

I went by Breakers Express and Sports Force Park the other day; both places look very nice. I'm not sure how close Sports Force Park is to being completed, but after driving by it, it looks like teams could take the field at any moment. Also, the website appears to show up-to-date pictures of the complex and it looks nearly complete to me.

https://sportsforceparkssandusky.com/

The sports park really does look nice. Can anyone snag some pics of the Breakers Express progress?

Oh my god. Thank you for posting this! I didn't care until I saw they have a lacrosse field and an upcoming tournament.

Now, time to convince my lacrosse team to fundraise for this and go.

I wonder if it will keep the original layout. Taller lift + urethane + Iron Horse + steeper banked curves = ejector air = sit back and laugh as El Toro ages.

As to 2017, my argument was that a ride not opening at the normal time would not be announced at the normal time, but by now the opening would be so late it becomes unbelievable. However I still think announcing a ride opening in August would sell passes if announced in March.

^^^ Denial is a hell of a drug.

At this point I'm quite neutral and have decided to stop worrying about the opening date of a coaster I won't ride any time soon, but I'm just stating the fact that a teaser in a Christmas video isn't a reliable source of information. Tony loves messing with us and I'm pretty sure that there have been red herrings in the past.

I wonder if it will keep the original layout. Taller lift + urethane + Iron Horse + steeper banked curves = ejector air = sit back and laugh as El Toro ages.

As to 2017, my argument was that a ride not opening at the normal time would not be announced at the normal time, but by now the opening would be so late it becomes unbelievable. However I still think announcing a ride opening in August would sell passes if announced in March.

They've openly stated that they're bringing the food trucks back in August. That's code for "we expect to have staffing troubles." Not opening a ride until nearly the end of daily operation and when you may not even have enough bodies to sell those people food or merch is a really, really, really bad idea. Not to mention that the one time Cedar Point doesn't need to try drawing more people is Halloweekends when they're drawing 50-60,000 and are relying on fraternity members working as volunteers at half the attractions.

Possibly recent picture of Mean Streak from the air from Great Ohio Coaster Club instagram. A LOT of the structure is missing.

Woah.

Years ago I had a similar concept in mind. Removing the track adjacent to the CP&LE Railroad would open up a few acres for future Frontiertown expansion. Most likely in the form of an extended shops & eateries with a possible flat ride of some sort.

32355484975_36997ee19d_c.jpg

this is from July 2015

In other words, Who else is going to Chill out!? I'll be in the ten o'clock group and this will be my first event like this!

We were barely able to snag an 8:30! They sold really quickly. I'm super psyched though, never been! My boyfriend is new to the game and was like, "Why would you want to visit Cedar Point when none of the rides are open?" I'm like:

Edited by RAWKIN_coaster38

In other words, Who else is going to Chill out!? I'll be in the ten o'clock group and this will be my first event like this!

We were barely able to snag an 8:30! They sold really quickly. I'm super psyched though, never been! My boyfriend is new to the game and was like, "Why would you want to visit Cedar Point when none of the rides are open?" I'm like:

Im not gonna lie. I was wondering the same thing...... I mean why go to an amusement park if there is no rides running? I know it would be to cold to run rides so I guess a more accurate question is why open up a park in an area during their harsh long winters?? But like him I'm new to the whole Winter Chillout idea. Never heard of before until I joined this site.

Im not gonna lie. I was wondering the same thing...... I mean why go to an amusement park if there is no rides running? I know it would be to cold to run rides so I guess a more accurate question is why open up a park in an area during their harsh long winters?? But like him I'm new to the whole Winter Chillout idea. Never heard of before until I joined this site.

It seems kind of fun, you get a backstage tour of the maintenance buildings, Q&A sessions and you get a look at all of their off-season construction projects. Usually some pretty interesting news comes out of Winter Chill Out. Most importantly though, the admission price is $50 and all of it goes to charity so you're raising money for a good cause.

too cold to run rides

amateurs

They've openly stated that they're bringing the food trucks back in August.

They better bring that hibachi truck back. I love the food truck festival, Cedar Point's food sucks.

^Hey! It may be cold yea but if i was offered to go to an event with open rides even if it was cold I wouldnt pass it up. I'd just dress super warm that is. However I assumed a big part of why rides dont ride in the frigid cold is was because of mechanical reasons honestly. Then again I'm probably wrong. I may be into to coasters a lot but when it comes to the technical stuff thats where im fuzzy or just not really that interested to tell you the truth. I'm more into the history of coasters and amusement parks, learning about different types of coasters,knowing about different coaster/ride companies and most of all....riding them!!! lol But yea coasters are fun regardless of weather. Heck back when i was in the 5th grade we took a field trip to a local waterpark(Deep River Water Park) for our last day of school that year. It was early June and being june you'd think it would be warm but as i remember we had freak cold weather that year (spring of 2001). We didnt want to cancel the trip so we went anyways in 50 degree weather....Is it comfortable going to a waterpark when its cold as crap out? Heck no! but it was still a lot of fun. So surely riding coasters in cold weather cant be that bad lol. Not compare to waterslides. Granted I'd never go to a waterpark in like 30 degree weather but still.

Possibly recent picture of Mean Streak from the air from Great Ohio Coaster Club instagram. A LOT of the structure is missing.

Woah.

Years ago I had a similar concept in mind. Removing the track adjacent to the CP&LE Railroad would open up a few acres for future Frontiertown expansion. Most likely in the form of an extended shops & eateries with a possible flat ride of some sort.

32355484975_36997ee19d_c.jpg

this is from July 2015

While this seems like a completely plausible theory in the name of future expansion, or at the very least more room for future additions, I really hope they are going to utilize as much of that giant structure as they can. The most appealing thing to me about New Texas Giant is it's length, and after realizing they're finally actually going to RMC this thing my first thought to how long of a ride it *could* be. How lame would it be to add height - and therefore speed - to this thing, only to use half or two thirds of the structure.

^Hey! It may be cold yea but if i was offered to go to an event with open rides even if it was cold I wouldnt pass it up. So surely riding coasters in cold weather cant be that bad lol.

Coasters in the cold? Never!

FB_IMG_1484618623793.jpg.c93d26664316ddaafccedd9e64cbc1a2.jpg

They better bring that hibachi truck back. I love the food truck festival, Cedar Point's food sucks.

Preaching to the choir right now. I'd rather they just let it go to concessionaires and let them worry about finding bodies or staffing it themselves. They still have a couple of them in the park as weird never-ending contracts like the china shop lady, so just do it across the board. I would probably spend way more time if I could get that food constantly there.

I guess to be fair, if you're not the type to enjoy tours and behind the scenes type stuff, maybe there wouldn't be a point. I've loved all that stuff the two times I went to WCB just as much (if not more) than the actual ERT.

Not to say I wouldn't be even more pumped for some below zero Dragster and Maverick rides. I don't always need to feel my face

I'm still firmly saying 2018 since the christmas video confirmation.

There is that word again. Nothing was 'confirmed' in that video.

Will it open in 2017? We don't know.

Will it open in 2018? We don't know.

When will it open? we don't know

You wanna know who know? Not us.

But guess who knows.

youre right.

not us.

Can we please go back to talking about skyrides and boats please.

What more do you need?

I don't know, maybe the Vice President and General Manager of the park standing informer of a podium officially announcing when it opens. Not a video the director of communications made for the holiday season to have a litttle fun.