TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So not bad so far. The school groups aren't too bad. Valravn has a good lime but besides that nothing too bad.

Can you give some summaries of the line there? What does TTD and Maverick and MF look like. Its slightly chilly at 13 degrees celcius, so that would probably drive some people away but if I would make a prediction, TTD, Maverick, and MF should be under 30-45 minutes? Am I right?

Raptor seems to be running consistently in the rain today. That's strange... it very rarely operates in the rain. Maybe they added it to the rain policy wheel this season instead of just never running it if anything that might be considered "weather" (a slight breeze, a cloud, rain...) is in the area.

So not bad so far. The school groups aren't too bad. Valravn has a good lime but besides that nothing too bad.

Can you give some summaries of the line there? What does TTD and Maverick and MF look like. Its slightly chilly at 13 degrees celcius, so that would probably drive some people away but if I would make a prediction, TTD, Maverick, and MF should be under 30-45 minutes? Am I right?

I was just about to post that TTD is down currently but it looks like they are ready to test.

MF: We were on in 30, but it's been fluctuating up to 60.

Maverick: Apps says 60, haven't made it back that far yet.

Ya Raptor has been going pretty often.

I was just about to post that TTD is down currently but it looks like they are ready to test.

MF: We were on in 30, but it's been fluctuating up to 60.

Maverick: Apps says 60, haven't made it back that far yet.

Ya Raptor has been going pretty often.

The apps usually overstate. In my home park Canada's Wonderland it was saying crazy stuff like 75 minutes and it was actually about 15 and 25 if you waited for front row

At the park. Valravn area is fairly packed, with all rides.fairly long. About to hop on GK tho, only ten minute wait.

TTD been down all day, tested earlier, rolled back twice.

Mean Streak still down. Maverick wait was 45mins earlier, not sure what they are now. Only running 4 trains.

I'm planning to go to Cedar Point this May (after our first ever visit last year -- such a great park!) and wondering if anyone knows of upcoming ticket deals. I can buy single day tickets online for $40 (and that's how I got them last year). I also realize I missed the President's Day buy-one-get-one-free deal back in February. We'll be going during the week before schools let out, so don't want any of the FastLane stuff. Does Cedar Point ever offer any two day deals or another day for cheap online purchase?

I think the $40 ticket on Cedar Point's website is about the lowest you are going to find tickets. Meijer sells Cedar Point tickets, but they are $49.99 each, so no real savings there.

I'm considering the Coaster Combo deal for $65 that includes admission to Cedar Point on one day and King's Island on another, although I'd rather just get two days at Cedar Point! (Maybe the wording on that ticket is off and you can actually choose which of the two parks to attend on each of the two days? -- (probably just wishful thinking on my part.)

If you are thinking about visiting both parks I would suggest doing the $65 ticket to Cedar Point, and Kings Island. Both parks are awesome parks, and $65 for both parks is a good deal. If you're visiting early season before school gets out and you don't need Fast Lane then you could easily do all of Cedar Point in one day, and then do Kings Island the next day.

Also, it's just wishful thinking on your part. . . You can't use the CP/KI ticket for one park twice. It's for each park once.

Good luck on your trip! Hope you have fun!

I just wanted to say a belated thanks for this information. By the way, I was able to get the $30 ticket deal they had back at the end of April, so that worked out great.

I'm now planning to be at the park either this Thursday (5/19) or next Tuesday (5/24). Does anyone have a sense about which might have the lowest crowds? I figure this Thursday has the week-long science thing, but cooler weather, and next Tuesday doesn't appear to have any big events, but warmer weather. I always thought these May weekdays would be less crowded, but some of the recent posts about school kids are making me nervous.

Also, I really like Mean Streak, so if what bluestreak heard is right, maybe there's a small chance it'll open closer to Memorial Day (5/24) -- one can always hope.

Thanks!

Justin

At the park. Valravn area is fairly packed, with all rides.fairly long. About to hop on GK tho, only ten minute wait.

TTD been down all day, tested earlier, rolled back twice.

Mean Streak still down. Maverick wait was 45mins earlier, not sure what they are now. Only running 4 trains.

Still 45 for Maverick, maybe a tad longer. I've been watching TTD as well but no life. However the temp is going up so there is hope. (Might also explain the longer lines.)

I was at the park yesterday, and while the waits weren't awful(especially given what they can be at my home park), they weren't the short waits being mentioned in the thread.(they were last year though). Operations were good, and it was hard to gauge waits as while a line might be in the midway, the switchbacks in the queue weren't full. The waits seemed inconsistent too, with wait times fluctuating through the day(especially true for Gatekeeper(apparent mechanical issues) and Raptor(although this might be because of the queue use mentioned above).

Even towards the end of the day(I left shortly before 7), Millennium Force had a posted 1 hour wait(probably closer to 1.5+ given how much longer it had gotten since I walked by as it was adjusted to 1 hour). When I went last year during Physics week, my longest wait was probably 45mins for Top Thrill Dragster, with everything else being very short(many few train waits). I'll just have to remember to get a Fast Lane when I go back later this year.

Again, I knew Valravn would have a long wait(I think I waited 2 hours), and overall, lines still weren't that bad. It's just with how light crowds were last year, and me not feeling the greatest, I didn't have as great of a time as I hoped for. Still a great park with great service(minus my issues with my lunch(meal deal not being accepted where sign says they were, not knowing how to pull it from scan, meal not being correct), but not the great day I planned heading in to it. Even with the issues, I still had a great time and can't wait to head back in September/October.

I will say that I enjoyed Maverick and Millennium Force a lot more than I did last year. I still think Millennium Force is overrated, but it is a solid solid ride. Maverick was also great, and while it isn't my favorite, I can see why many do.

Wait time with FL+ on Valravn? Just curious how fast that line is moving compared to the normal line.

Usually a walk on or 1-2 train wait. When I was at the park Saturday and Sunday (had FL+ both days), the standby queue was on average 1.5hrs long and the longest wait we had using FL+ for Valravn was 5 minutes.

I'm now planning to be at the park either this Thursday (5/19) or next Tuesday (5/24). Does anyone have a sense about which might have the lowest crowds? I figure this Thursday has the week-long science thing, but cooler weather, and next Tuesday doesn't appear to have any big events, but warmer weather. I always thought these May weekdays would be less crowded, but some of the recent posts about school kids are making me nervous.

I'm actually going to be at CP BOTH of those days you mentioned, with two different groups of people!

Based on what I'm reading regarding crowds this week, which are abnormal, based on 30+ years of going to CP weekdays in May, I think we're simply seeing an incredible uptick in attendance due to the hype Valravn has generated. As such, it would appear neither day will supply me the 15-30 minutes tops waits I'm used to this time of year...

However, having said that, I think next Tuesday will be the much nicer day to go, if you are choosing between the two. It'll be highs in the low 60's Thursday, while highs will be in the mid 70's Thursday. Additionally, there won't be the Physics Week mobs then either, and from a lengthy search of school calendars in Ohio, it would appear Tuesday will be one of the last couple days of school for most local school districts, meaning it's less likely kids will be skipping school those days. So, long story short, I think if I had to choose between the two (rather than being there both days), I would definitely go with next Tuesday the 24th!

A few more photos from my trip this last weekend.

These were all taken on my phone, no filters. The last two are personally my favorite.

Valravn just pops out no matter where you are. I love it.

20160514_163812.thumb.jpg.29f60bebb7aaaa3c2e704259fcaf07c9.jpg

Beautiful

20160514_163209.thumb.jpg.fd198d0714a659883eb6325f298bbece.jpg

Looking nice and fresh

20160513_125736.thumb.jpg.530a2a29dd1be8fca7f9bd3f73f967cb.jpg

Second best thing you see at the park.

20160513_130417.thumb.jpg.7df16aa9fa4820aaf0a2a5f965b6b758.jpg

Well hello, you must be new here.

20160513_145117.thumb.jpg.6d90adb5426882880d39ec84acc5bb3c.jpg

Don't fall!!

20160514_133616.thumb.jpg.f96d75849db2ef93fadf7f4b5e759748.jpg

Dat lift though

20160513_143916.thumb.jpg.f6634d259430b5dad589f33d17d56ba2.jpg

The seat wasn't that comfy

20160513_145124.thumb.jpg.ffb541b33cb67506488c0b6e7f270562.jpg

Air time

20160514_145124.thumb.jpg.a99279fe14eff0b295e90f059fbb1170.jpg

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO its Millennium Force coming to save me!

20160514_112955.thumb.jpg.08c4f42da60786f4794f9ad97d293f61.jpg

Seriously, so photogenic.

Assuming the weather doesn't turn to garbage, I'm likely heading to CP on Saturday with some pals. What type of crowd situation should be expected? Are there any coasters not running the max number of trains right now?

Also, for game-planning purposes, would it be smart to hit Valravn the moment the park opens?

Looking forward to the trip. I moved back to Michigan last summer and haven't been to CP in about five years. Does Millennium Force still kick butt?

^Honestly, Saturdays are always the worst days to go to CP, and crowds have been heavier than normal even during the week so far this year. So I'd definitely prepare for some waiting!

Regarding Valravn, from what I've seen personally, and also read, it actually appears that Valravn at opening is seeing its largest wait times of the day. This is actually not surprising, since Raptor has always carried a long line at park's opening due to its proximity to the front gate. Now, with Valravn also drawing a crowd at the Marina gate, it's getting swamped from both entrances. Your best bet is probably to wait until around dinner time, and try to catch a ride then.

Millennium Force will kick butt forever, and for-always, regardless of what the force-feeling impaired may lead you to believe!

Also, for game-planning purposes, would it be smart to hit Valravn the moment the park opens?

If you have early entry access, are near the front of the line at the Marina entry, and you see trains testing before you get in the park, then by all means, yes. Otherwise, that line will fill up super quick and average between 90-120 for most of the day. Waiting towards the end of the evening will probably help a lot.

For reference, this is what the line looked like on Monday at 9:10, 50 minutes before the park "officially" opened;

IMG_8779.thumb.JPG.bfb18a204db24476847f27520ba4a67e.JPG

They opened the station around 9:35, and we were on the third train out. By the time we got to the steps, the queue had completely filled up, and when we left the gift shop, there were still people standing out on the midway.

Assuming the weather doesn't turn to garbage, I'm likely heading to CP on Saturday with some pals. What type of crowd situation should be expected? Are there any coasters not running the max number of trains right now?

Looking forward to the trip. I moved back to Michigan last summer and haven't been to CP in about five years. Does Millennium Force still kick butt?

Regarding the train situation, Magnum hasn't been at 3 trains yet, only two. Gemini is only running the red side to the best of my knowledge.