TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Just an thought.

If we're going with the assumption the next coaster will be a "gate coaster" could it be possible that the "gate coaster" would be near the NEW entrance? I'm talking about the waterpark entry that Valleyfair is going to build on or near the Excalibur site. So far everyone is assuming it'll be built by the main gate, but who's to say Valleyfair wouldn't make the second new gate one of it's main gate or an gate of a similar size, especially with the size of the proposed parking lot, and there would be room for the coaster using the Excalibur footprint in the back of the park, especially if Valleyfair plans to expand the back of the park after all as well. Just my 2 cents in this conversation of an "gate coaster".

^It's possible but do you really think they would use all that money on a new entrance when it has a decent one for a park it's size? I think there are many things they need more than a new or second entrance. I think the entrance will just be a smaller one to the water park, not one that is better than the original one.

I personally think the current entrance could use a revamp. Even though the entrance plaza has some nice charm to it, it is getting a bit outdated. However, I don't think we necessarily need a new front gate coaster because Wild Thing comes close enough.

After my trips to Chicago and Washington DC I might apply for games but I already have a good job where I make all of my own hours. I think that a gate used only for water parks wouldn't make sense for a roller coaster. Also flooding could happen. Front gate - and yes, I believe this year is the year, not next.

I am almost certain I will be applying for my first year at valley fair in the admissions department. I hope they like coaster fanatics! Anyone else applying for 2016?

I'm sure you'll have a great time. If you work hard and are dedicated to providing a good experience for the guests, you'll have a lot of opportunities over time.

A word of advice - Don't lead with the fact that you're a coaster enthusiast. Instead, demonstrate that you care about the guest experience and want to contribute to a fun and exciting environment.

No. More time is needed between water park expansion. If they wanted to do do water park next year, it would have been done already. Unless Excalibur is having maintanence issues, it will probably stay for 2 more whole years. I, personally, see a B&M Invert small coaster.

B&M Invert is not going to happen..

Just kidding. Water park expansion seems just as likely though, I'm not about to write it off. If they did get a coaster, I'd prefer the first RMC in the chain. Give us some more airtime

I am almost certain I will be applying for my first year at valley fair in the admissions department. I hope they like coaster fanatics! Anyone else applying for 2016?

Welcome aboard! As long as you give your all, you'll do fine! Get ready to make some good friends and have some good times.

Hmmm... 2017. UUUuuu, I can't wait till training in April to see what they say, if anything! It'll be nice to be back in the park.

It's early, but let's speculate 2017. What are some possibilities? What are you all expecting? Could Excalibur still be removed and a water park expansion take place?

A new thrilling flat ride like a Delirium/Maxair clone or Waterpark Expansion Phase 2 seem like decent possibilities. It's not impossible, but I'm not expecting a new coaster for next year.

I heard a rumor that will Excalibur will be staying through at least 2017, but don't quote me on that.

I think I will be applying this weekend and thank you all who have been giving some tips!

I do realize not to lead with the fact with being a coaster enthusiast... and the only reason I wouldnt be able to work there if I was hired is because of transportation. I would be applying for admissions which has very flexible hours apparently, I do know some people that may work there that could give me a ride but if not that I would have to find someone else to carpool with. Hopefully I can apply, be hired, and start working this summer! Anybody else work in admissions?

^Oh, I'm pretty sure all Cedar Fair parks do, but laws do vary depending on the state. I have lots of 14 year old friends that I've seen on the job at Valley Fair and have even been emailing back and forth with a manager(I think) and he has been very helpful with providing me with loads of information. I think I'll love working there and I do sure hope it works out.

^ They accept 14 for games, merch, food, and admissions. But admissions is my best bet (or so I am told.)

I was thinking there was more than admissions but I wasn't sure.

Remember that you can now be a rides attendant at 16! (Shameless department plug, ik)

If anyone's interested, here are a few Twitter photos from Lance J. Heal (VF's entertainment manager) of the park during yesterday's snowstorm.

Only 100 days left until Valleyfair opens.

CaOrr3mUMAA96bs.thumb.jpg.cf1f51af491ccd9defd23695a5b96930.jpg

Wild Thing

CaO5HduUsAACIit.thumb.jpg.3b3a8f5794f28beaae53767be228af13.jpg

Renegade

CaO3gT7UEAAuYKR.thumb.jpg.de1724ac7294d79bd9a06613709a8d0c.jpg

CaO5hSYUYAEl35b.thumb.jpg.3519066e752632699e31d3f6294a0fb1.jpg

Excalibur

CaPvzh7UUAAA2tJ.thumb.jpg.88c9c27a63c6d89353ced6d251c4c7b6.jpg

As I frequently check the dining section in the Valleyfair website to see what restaurants will be included with the plan this upcoming year, I noticed that Valleyfair is bringing back Subway to the park by RipTide, and it will be included with the dining plan. Where will this be going? I think they are going to build a large building by the new flyers and show. They really are transforming this area of the park. I loved Subway back in its old location but it wasn't with the plan. Now I am very excited. Also, Panda Express is added to the dining plan.

As I frequently check the dining section in the Valleyfair website to see what restaurants will be included with the plan this upcoming year, I noticed that Valleyfair is bringing back Subway to the park by RipTide, and it will be included with the dining plan. Where will this be going? I think they are going to build a large building by the new flyers and show. They really are transforming this area of the park. I loved Subway back in its old location but it wasn't with the plan. Now I am very excited. Also, Panda Express is added to the dining plan.

Subway is replacing Ben and Jerry's.

Sorry to boast, but I have to say I broke the news before Valleyfair announced. Surprising that they didn't announce first!

I think I saw them post on Twitter just today.

Now where am I supposed to get ice cream when I get off early? Esp. on hot nights.