TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

You know what? The Darien Lake thread isn't such a bad place anymore. I think this thread is beginning to surpass it.

Seriously??? Why are you even spending your time ranting about that? I'm trying to read the VF thread not this nonsense.

Maybe because all this thread discusses is being mistreated and how the park is owed a coaster. I get how fanboys operate but sometimes it just gets too crazy! The Darien Lake thread is notorious for that and I haven't even been around that long to realize that. I read through this thread and just wonder. After numerous solid capital expenditure projects, there are still complaints. You also took the time to rant about his rant, which is just odd and the rant messed with the flow of the thread. That's not fun!

Also, if you got on to read the VF thread, then the last page and a half was just complaints about a special ad ran that features an inverted coaster. The complaints surfaced because people thought it meant that VF would be getting that B&M invert.

[/rant]

^ and for PhantomPoster

Edited by Coasterguy21

Hey does anyone have any evidence of a new coaster for 2017? I heard from a friend that there was big evidence but I couldn't find any.

There is none. Will be none until this coming summer, if anything and if there is even going to be one.

Here is the post that best sums up this thread

Valleyfair's 2016 announcement. There are no words to describe how enraged I am by this! Even if it wasn't a coaster (Gasp!), they could have done a LITTLE MORE for their 40th anniversary! I mean HONESTLY! Talk about LAME! If they did do more, like at least 2 family rides, or maybe a medium thrill ride, then I would be less mad. This doesn't have much to do with the 2016 announcement, but it is now 20 years since our last steel (Not counting family rides or steel venom, which is more of a flat than a coaster), and 9 years since our last coaster at all! I wish valleyfair would look at those facebook comments! That's my honest opinion on valleyfair's 2016 announcement, and I'm not planning on changing my mind. /rant

I just love the part where there is a complaint of not getting a steel coaster in the last 20 years, excluding the 3 you have got over that time (technically 4 if you go by valleyfairs website). I really feel cedar point is being mistreated as they haven't got a wooden coaster since 1964 (I don't count mean streak because it makes my statement look better if I don't count it).

Cedar Fair gives impacting non-coaster additions, like VF has been getting (shocker!) Cedar Fair is building VF up, and will eventually break the bank on Valleyfair. In the next couple of years, Valleyfair fans should truthfully be hopeful. CF has been fixing up the Paramount parks to meet their standard, and they WILL give their original standard parks (Dorney, Worlds of Fun, VF) a nice addition. To me, I think that Valleyfair and Dorney Park will be getting coasters this offseason. There is no possible Paramount park to give a coaster to, and these parks need coasters. Valleyfair should also be getting a Triotech dark ride, as Oumiet said. Valleyfair is in a very compelling market - Minneapolis. These other parks like Carowinds are also in nice markets. While Valleyfair does have limitations on height and space, it will be able to insert a B&M. Cedar Fair knows that adding another coaster at a park like Canada's Wonderland will probably not improve an already high attendance mark. Along with the fact that Valleyfair is due for an addition in the thrills department. Valleyfair fans should be hopeful, but know for now, they just have to R E L A X.

Finally, people have been talking about the effect Nickelodeon Universe has on Valleyfair. I think that these two are completely different markets. NU gets many more of the tourists and possibly people that have small children and occasionally buy a point pass in the winter. Valleyfair, unlike NU, is an all day park with water park in the hot outside weather that is much more like a theme park. Also, non-theme park people think that something like Wild Thing is an extremely good and tall coaster! People like Valleyfair. CF would be able to draw in even more locals if a coaster was added. They know this, and it shows when they named it, CGA, and Carowinds "growth parks".

- Dave Frazier has told me that Valleyfair has received 1 of 3 additions as a growth park, with the first being the water park expansion. He didn't say what the next two would be, but 1 could guess that it is a 3-step process: water park, coaster, and indoor attraction - like Mass Effect or Plants v. Zombies at the other 2 growth parks. Carowinds ends its growth this year and will get a couple of off years before anything else of size.

Yeah, the last conference call pretty much said investment will continue to pour into Carowinds. The waterpark, they hope, will boost the season pass base and they even mentioned a hotel. Canada's Wonderland was also mentioned as a nice market ripe for a bit more.

Valleyfair and California's Great America were called parks that they may have underestimated at first, like Carowinds, and are potentially a bit untapped market/performing better than expected. Matt Ouimet did also say that the investments into those parks will more than likely not be at the level they invested into Carowinds though. I think All Wheels Extreme is a step in the right direction.

If I was to apply as 14, would I want to work in Admissions or Games? At 16, I would switch to drum set in live entertainment. At 18, I would move to ride operator. If I liked games, though, I might stay in that. What's the pay for lifeguards at 16?

If I was to apply as 14, would I want to work in Admissions or Games? At 16, I would switch to drum set in live entertainment. At 18, I would move to ride operator. If I liked games, though, I might stay in that. What's the pay for lifeguards at 16?

Ngl, you should be a ride attendant at 16, since it's better pay. Maybe a rides bias a little here....

Getting hyped for the next season already. I'll be single leading Mad Mouse/Wheel of Fortune! Can't wait to try out the new panel and fully learn a coaster. Stop by next year and ride with me and my team!

Excited to be leaving SuperBumperTide?

You have no idea. Let's hope my new baby is a little less temperamental.

I couldn't imagine working any of those. Bumper Cars is such a slow load. Riptide always breaks. Super cats so old.

Imagine two whole years there, ugh that was an adventure. Supercat was monotonous, Bumps was dirty and spared no shoes, and I always told people to expect Riptide to break down at least once a day, if not more. There were probably more evacs off Riptide than the rest of the coasters combined. Good lord.

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Riptide. Got to E-stop that beauty 4 times the summer I was stationed there. Also, MM definitely was less temperamental, even with the old control system, which seemed to be the cause of most of the issues we had. Except for the time it violated a block during morning maintenance testing and was down for 3/4 of the day. Oh, and since you only have Wheel and MM in your location, your entire location shuts down the second it starts raining (unless something's changed in the last few years with the tire drive systems).

Do any ride ops know how planet snoopy works? Is it one big block or is it divide up?

I believe it is one big block of jobs, but you have to be 18 to work High Roller. If they don't have enough ride attendants then they get state permission to let 16 year olds do Planet Snoopy rides - basically all of which have the same extremely easy dispatch system.

Do any ride ops know how planet snoopy works? Is it one big block or is it divide up?

I believe it is one big block of jobs, but you have to be 18 to work High Roller. If they don't have enough ride attendants then they get state permission to let 16 year olds do Planet Snoopy rides - basically all of which have the same extremely easy dispatch system.

Nope, it's divided into three sections, Saturn (red baron to balloons iirc) Jupiter (teacups, high roller to swing set), and Callisto (rocket to playhouse). The only single op rides that attendant can work are moon bounce and playhouse. Attendants can't operate a main control position, so anything with buttons. It's why sometimes they combine and switch between rides when they don't have enough ops. Jupiter and Callisto are one area, and Ssturn is grouped with MM and wild thing in an area.

I couldn't imagine working any of those. Bumper Cars is such a slow load. Riptide always breaks. Super cats so old.

Imagine two whole years there, ugh that was an adventure. Supercat was monotonous, Bumps was dirty and spared no shoes, and I always told people to expect Riptide to break down at least once a day, if not more. There were probably more evacs off Riptide than the rest of the coasters combined. Good lord.

As a 2016 ride attendant applicant, I pray I'm not put at superbumpertide Even from a guy who's been in park services two seasons that even sounds bad

As a 2016 ride attendant applicant, I pray I'm not put at superbumpertide Even from a guy who's been in park services two seasons that even sounds bad

I only had one attendant, and they could only do one position, so don't worry too much.