TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

For the water park expansion in the future they should relocate Mad Mouse up to the front of the park maybe we're the old chaos use to sit fill in the open grass areas then put a tornado slide in that spot and move the walk ways around it. Next relocate looping star ship maybe put it over by the Wild Thing entrance que fill that area up plenty of room and were looping star ship is add a new slide package like a snake pit at dorney park has next re locate wheel of fortune move it to were the old scrambler use to sit fill that space nothing but flags and chairs. When Valleyfair gets a new roller coaster they need a full size B&M inverted with a cobra roll and a strong helix at the end something different from the others and they should replace the old electronic sing and have a new sing like Cedar Point has. Also with the old water park I think the water slides could use a new paint job maybe paint them in different colors instead of all white?

Edited by ACES

For the water park expansion in the future they should relocate Mad Mouse up to the front of the park maybe we're the old chaos use to sit fill in the open grass areas then put a tornado slide in that spot and move the walk ways around it. Next relocate looping star ship maybe put it over by the Wild Thing entrance que fill that area up plenty of room and were looping star ship is add a new slide package like a snake pit at dorney park has next re locate wheel of fortune move it to were the old scrambler use to sit fill that space nothing but flags and chairs. When and if Valleyfair gets a new roller coaster they need a full size B&M inverted with a cobra roll should replace the old electronic sing maybe a a new sing like Cedar Point has replace the electronic sign. If they don't get a new coaster next year I'm for a giant max air ride like at Cedar Point. Does GM Dave know it's there 40th anniversary next year maybe a giant new thrill ride?

Valleyfair already has plans to get a new electronic entrance sign to replace the old sign. It's unfortunate that the old sign is going because it was one of the things that helped VF retain its unique charm, but I guess the park decided it was time to bring its entrance sign into the 21st century.

This is kinda dumb, but I was unaware of a new sign Can you please post a link for more info? Thanks. Also I think it would be cool if the wave was relocated to Soak City because I never ride it because of my clothes, but in Soak City it would be awesome! I don't think that is very realistic though.

Also Renegade and Soak city are towards the back of the park. Why would visitors not go to the back of the park when there are two prime attractions in the area?

I'm pretty sure that he meant the Excalibur part of the park, which is a pretty long walk for only a couple rides.

Oh yeah. When I was a GP I was barely even aware of that part of the park I had been there maybe twice until I became interested in coasters and wanted to ride them all on every visit.

Good point! I never would have thought to put something like that there. It looks like it will be accessible from the midway....I could see them also putting tables and chairs there to make it more friendly for relaxation and eating. Now where will Subway go in 2016? I doubt they are gone for good.

Anybody got a clue what the white poles on the midway are for? I don't think it's lighting, the midway looks strange...maybe framework for new games??? At a loss.

Hmm... At first, I thought it was for the structure of the splash pad, but now that they're building them closer to the slides, I'm not sure what they are. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Unfortunately, with how narrow they're making that path near Mad Mouse, I don't expect the traffic situation to get much better. We'll have to wait until the park opens to see how things will actually go, but it doesn't look good right now.

image.thumb.jpg.1cc4fb9d0cdcde78917d697f65a5728b.jpg

After watching all the Fury 325 videos from media day at Carowinds yesterday, I am sure now in the coaster mood. It would be awesome if that is us next year, hosting a media day for VFs new B&M coaster!!!

Me too. Amazing what a simple POV and some still shots of new steel will do for you. It gets you excited for the upcoming season and hope for a new steel coaster at VF someday.

The more I see it, the more excited I get . I'm sure that the speed slides are going to be the new best attraction in Soak City.

Only 7 weeks left until Valleyfair is open. Hang in there, everyone.

image.thumb.jpg.0a07ba8c1a74474aea14fda03007ed33.jpg

^ Now that the 90' slides are up it is starting to look like fantastic addition. And now that I see the area next to the slides is being used for the water park area instead of the path (like it looked at first when it was just dirt) I have to change my mind and say I don't think traffic congestion in this area will be any better like I first thought. But you never know until you experience it and see it close up. I hope I am wrong.

That stretch of midway definitely has bottleneck issues. It's as slim as a secondary path, but you have to squeeze through it all the waterpark crowds and all the Renegade/Thunder Canyon/etc. crowds. Not to mention the Mad Mouse and Planet Snoopy crowds that block it...it gets very congested compared to the rest of the park, and people notice.

I don't understand why ''traffic'' is a problem. Maybe I don't have the same experiences, but the only time I felt VF was too crowded was during the haunt and that was everywhere. To me this area isn't to small, just another area of the park.

I agree, actually. It certainly does slow down a bit at that corner, but by the way people constantly bring it up in this thread you'd think it was way worse than it really is. It's never been enough of a delay to make me frustrated, and how people can be more focused on that than the slide tower is beyond me

Edit: It also looks better now than before. The path after the first narrow section looks much wider and more open now than it was, at least according to what I'm seeing on google maps