TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Any news on the possible coaster event? Have you made contact? I really hope this happens, I would be ecstatic if they could bring it back. If they did auctions/giveaways like at some ace events that would be so cool.

Update: I just drove past the park today. The bulldozer was plowing some land closer to the dorms now. The blue catwalks on the neon sign have been removed, this is the first sign i've seen of deconstruction of the sign.

IMG_3716.thumb.jpg.7f068ab4b3303b75eb84b2ae7b311971.jpg

Bull dozer clearing lands closer to the dorms

IMG_3717.thumb.jpg.46fa1eba1c4f2b65add148a2b5e7d350.jpg

The speed slides are up!

What do you guys think of the bull dozer plowing land? Could this be for an expanded parking lot? I really hope this is the first sign of a coaster coming next year. Does anyone know how much of the land is already plowed?

Right now, I'm thinking that they're expanding the parking lot to that area so they can remove part of the current lot for future park expansion, but they did just start the land clearing, so it's really anyone's guess at this point.

What do you guys think of the bull dozer plowing land? Could this be for an expanded parking lot? I really hope this is the first sign of a coaster coming next year. Does anyone know how much of the land is already plowed?

Right now, I'm thinking that they're expanding the parking lot to that area so they can remove part of the current lot for future park expansion, but they did just start the land clearing, so it's really anyone's guess at this point.

New entrance + crazy awesome B&M invert.

I saw a person on instagram post a picture of a large peice of steel like structure come into valleyfair today. He says it's for a slingshot? Does anyone know if this is true??

I don't know if he is being honest or lying.

He said it looked like this.

Is that the exact photo you saw on Instagram? If so, I don't know if the background of that picture is at Valleyfair or not. I would be thrilled if Valleyfair received a Slingshot, but I'm not going to get excited about one until I see proof that it is going up.

Idk that I would give this too much weight yet. Someone on instagram saying they saw it doesn't mean much. Especially someone who's assuming a wing coaster is going in the parking lot.

However I would be thrilled if this is real. Ever since carowinds announced theirs, I've been hoping we could get surprised with one too, since the parks seem to be announcing these all "oh, by the way..." late in the offseason. I'm not getting my hopes up until we see pictures or hear something from the park.

Also, about the parking lot in general: It's been full before. There's usually a few days during high season that cars are directed to park in that field. If the bulldozing is for parking, I doubt it's to replace existing parking with a coaster. They probably just really need more spots, or are expanding the lot to allow for more margin if the north end of it floods again.

Edited by dippindotsguy8

The slide looks to be repaired already!

Am i just thinking this or does it look like their may be a midway path through Soak City? It sure look like they are building a path into Soak City. Maybe it will be an alternate pathway to alleviate congestion. Another sign of big things coming in my opinion!

I agree, actually. It certainly does slow down a bit at that corner, but by the way people constantly bring it up in this thread you'd think it was way worse than it really is. It's never been enough of a delay to make me frustrated, and how people can be more focused on that than the slide tower is beyond me

I am more focused on an improved pathway because I will walk that pathway about 2 dozen times next year vs. the one time I visit the waterpark to check out the new slides. That pathway and how traffic flows on it will affect my park experience much more than the new slides for sure. An improved pathway in the grand scheme of things is not that big of a deal but it will be more meaningful to me than the slides . The only reason I am excited about the new slides is that it indicates CF is willing to invest some cash into what looks like a thrilling and above average slide complex compared to other parks of similar size in the chain. Hopefully this leads to bigger crowds as expected for the park followed by a new coaster or flat ride based on the increased attendance.

Not completely sure, but it looks like the new path near Mad Mouse will be brick instead of the regular pavement . They're also pouring the concrete for the lounging area near the splash pad.

image.thumb.jpg.a5752e31018a68dda0cf193eef5b7353.jpg

From the photo they should consider on relocating Mad Mouse some were in front of the park or were the old chaos use to sit plenty of open grass. Is there room over by the Wild Thing que line to relocate Mad Mouse there to? So they can widen the walk way maybe add a new restroom were Mad Mouse sits the same spot add more seating areas for the new slides?