TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I noticed on the Dining Section of Valleyfair's website that they are getting a new Auntie Anne's pretzel stand near the carousel, so that's nice. I also noticed that Stadium Bar and Grill isn't on the list anymore. Maybe a retheming?

VF has now confirmed via their Facebook page that the Ferris Wheel this year will be receiving an all new lighting package. They also wrote that the Ferris Wheel is unique in the US because it features six-person gondolas which I never knew before. This lighting package should go well with the new lighting packages on the Tilt-O-Whirl and Scrambler that they are receiving due to being refreshed for Route 76. The park should look a lot better at night now.

^

Yeah, I agree. It will we cool to see Valleyfair at night this year with all of the lighting improvements.

On the other hand, I'm getting a little annoyed with the fact that Route 76 hasn't made much progress. I understand that it has been a harsh winter, but opening weekend is just over three months away, and if they don't pick up the pace, I don't see how they will get finished in time.

nph-jpeg.jpg.995964ed88aa67cfe7e5e333d47c975b.jpg

^ I'm sure VF and CF figured the possibility of a harsh winter into their completion timeline for Route 76, it is Minnesota after all. If they did not see this as a possibility then they were clueless which I highly doubt. I'm pretty sure they know VF is their most northern amusement park and that construction could be affected by winter. The Scrambler and the Tilt-O-Whirl are being redone as I type and VF has shown us the Antique Auto's are already being assembled too. The AA track was area was already plowed before fall and just needs cement poured. Plus all of the cement footings for Northern Lights were done before winter so they can just build the loading station and drop the track on them come spring. It is a little harsher winter than normal so it is possible they may be delayed in getting this done for sure but with 12 weeks until opening I think they should be OK. If not they can always do the cosmetic stuff like landscaping later and just focus on getting the rides open. With it finally getting above freezing next week and some melting I am sure we will see some work done in the area. Below is a picture of the redo of the Gemini Midway at CP today and they don't look much further along than Route 76 for comparison.

GeminiMidwayCam_640.jpg.36e3b235a108ffe1c1d0cd82479b4e89.jpg

These kinds of flats don't take long to install. Once the footers are ready, it could take only a week to get the steel put up, the car on the track and getting it ready for testing. We probably won't see too much activity until sometime in March, both at ValleyFair and CP, but these are fairly simple rides when compared to a gigantic roller coaster.

Tony from CP said that they are not getting the Steel for the rides until March for both of their rides and said it should take about a day or two to assemble the Disko, so I would expect the same for this ride. If you're worried about a park putting up a ride with 3 months to go, you should of seen how fast Luna Park went up at Coney Island. It only took them 100 days to put up the entire park.

VF has now confirmed via their Facebook page that the Ferris Wheel this year will be receiving an all new lighting package. They also wrote that the Ferris Wheel is unique in the US because it features six-person gondolas which I never knew before. This lighting package should go well with the new lighting packages on the Tilt-O-Whirl and Scrambler that they are receiving due to being refreshed for Route 76. The park should look a lot better at night now.

It's about damn time! It was such an eyesore, in what was otherwise a gorgeous area of the park. When Planet Snoopy went in they added that beautiful water feature in front of the Ferris Wheel, but left the wheel itself, stripped down to its bare frame.

403462_3269074607112_618075955_n.thumb.jpg.f26528433b5ce4aabf6ebff9de7e74b0.jpg

Probably the best looking spot in the park!

Tony from CP said that they are not getting the Steel for the rides until March for both of their rides and said it should take about a day or two to assemble the Disko, so I would expect the same for this ride. If you're worried about a park putting up a ride with 3 months to go, you should of seen how fast Luna Park went up at Coney Island. It only took them 100 days to put up the entire park.

If that is the case, then I guess we have nothing to worry about. Despite that, it still feels a little embarrassing because Banshee is already finished with track construction, and this area still doesn't look like much.

If that is the case, then I guess we have nothing to worry about. Despite that, it still feels a little embarrassing because Banshee is already finished with track construction, and this area still doesn't look like much.

Something else to consider is the fact that Banshee probably will require more preparation and testing than standard flats will. Nothing embarrassing about it.

Something else to consider is the fact that Banshee probably will require more preparation and testing than standard flats will. Nothing embarrassing about it.

And the fact that its been 30 below zero for the past two years in Minneapolis.

Saw on Valleyfair's website that Dinosaurs Alive will be free this year for Gold and Platinum season passholders. I guess that's nice, but in my opinion, it should be free to everyone. It just isn't that great of an attraction to justify $5 per person.

Saw on Valleyfair's website that Dinosaurs Alive will be free this year for Gold and Platinum season passholders. I guess that's nice, but in my opinion, it should be free to everyone. It just isn't that great of an attraction to justify $5 per person.

Yeah, $5 doesn't seem like a lot, but it's not worth it to me. The season pass benefit is nice.

^

It looks like that wooden structure is the station for the new Antique Autos. Nice to see them making progress on something.

That is definitely the station for the AA's based on the location and the artwork they use for Route 76 on their site. I wish they would move the webcam back to the original spot so we could see the the construction from a better angle. Cedar Point already has the track on site for their Disk-O-Coaster. I wonder when VF has their's scheduled to arrive?

I'm sure some of you have seen this, but I saw a 2015 Soak City rumor on Screamscape a while ago: A waterslide expansion package is expected to come to Valleyfair in 2015 from White Water West. This could be similar to the Snake Pit slide package going into Dorney Park in 2014 or the one added to Worlds of Fun in 2013.

I'm sure some of you have seen this, but I saw a 2015 Soak City rumor on Screamscape a while ago: A waterslide expansion package is expected to come to Valleyfair in 2015 from White Water West. This could be similar to the Snake Pit slide package going into Dorney Park in 2014 or the one added to Worlds of Fun in 2013.

The drop door slides were just okay, the Constrictors were really bad, but those tube slides with the crazy drops are great! I'd be heartbroken if VF got a similar structure, but opted against the least flashy slides in the complex.