TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Food Network Needs Our Help For A New TV Show!

^ This is all coming from a guy who was once doing a comprehensive analysis of food at theme parks. The Food Network should actually PUT him on the show. Hell, give him a whole series.

Hercules - I never did finish that analysis, haha

Knoebels

Overall the park has a great variety of food at very reasonable prices. The International food court near the Log Flume has many different options from standard American fare, Mexican, Italian etc... Also, outside the Haunted Mansion you can find the popular fried pierogi stand and the shack that sells boneless BBQ rib sandwiches. Cesari's Pizza is also in this area, many rave about the pizza but it was too doughy for my liking. Of course no meal is complete without being washed down with the regional soft drink of choice, birch beer For treats, Stony Gables, next to The Flyer, is not too be missed for fudge, chocolate covered treats or if you desire roasted peanuts.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Known as having some of the highest quality amusement park food. The prices are as high as the quality, but worth it. The most popular and well received restaurants are Trapper's Smokehouse in the New France area and Ristorante della Piazza in the Italy area.

We will start with the nation that is represented the worst; England. No you can't get Bangers and Mash, Shepherd's Pie, Haggis, Toad-in-the-hole, or everyones favorite, Spotted dick (Don't believe me, look it up). England is represented by classic British food such as hamburgers and corn dogs. What is there is done very well, if that's your cup-of-tea. The Squire's Galley is the "Denny's" of BGW. You can get almost anything there. From burgers, to pizza and fajitas. It is the only place that serves any type of breakfast too with biscuits and waffles. Like most of the dining places in the park they have salads and pastry's and different types of beverages including beer! Pigs-in-a-kilt is in the Scotland area on the way to Loch Ness Monster. It serves corndogs and chicken strips.

Now on to Ireland. This has probably the least popular food place with Grogan's Pub. The food is very hearty and filling which sometimes isn't that appealing for patrons on a hot day when you are going to ride roller coasters. The Irish Stew in a soda bread bowl is very good as is the baked potatoes and corned beef sandwich. Ireland is a perfect choice on a cooler fall day at the park.

Now to France and New France. France isn't well represented either although a new full service restaurant has been put in called Le Mans Bistro. It serves much more unique and "fancy" food then anywhere else. They do have some strange choices like grilled pickles and some classics like hickory & oak smoked beef brisket. It gets you off your feet and they take care of you. In New France is the king of theme park dining: Trapper's Smokehouse! We're talking BBQ heaven. Smoked chicken, beef brisket, Ribs, jambalaya, and the fixin's. This is just an awesome place to eat. Easily rivals any BBQ place outside of any park. And the price is very fair!

Into Germany we go and here is Das Festhaus. The world's largest indoor eatery. This place has authentic german food like Bratwurst, red cabbage, and hot german potato salad. They serve other favorites like pizza and an awesome Alpine sandwich which is just huge. They also have plenty of desserts like Jell-O and puddings. But the one to try is the three-layer black forest chocolate cake. This thing is like a foot tall.

Italy has the last major eatery, Ristorante della Piazza. They serve some great pastas and other favorite Italian dishes. They also have excellent bread sticks, maybe better than Olive Garden's. They have an assortment of desserts, salads, and drinks as well. And then to top it off, you can eat at cover outdoor theater where they perform a nice show about every hour. It really completes the Italy feel.

There are a few snack shops around as well. Their ice cream stores are awesome. Word on the street is that the Brownie Sundae in a waffle cone at the ice cream store in Banbury Cross ( the first area of the park you see when you enter) is sure to please. Some shops have huge funnel cakes and other assorted pastries.

There are a few candy stores around too. They have some awesome treats like fresh make fudges and candy apples. Also the stores sell some rare European candies and popular American classics.

At BGW there is something for everyone.

Great Adventure

There are many choices in the parks for food but all are a little bit pricey for the quality and quantity. As far as chain eateries, inside the park there is a Wok and Roll for chinese food and a Nathan's. To me the best food in the park are the hot dogs and fries at Nathan's. Across the midway from Nathan's are Ted's Cheesesteaks (small portions and pricey) and a newly opened place with fried turkey legs (unfortunately this replaced my beloved Jamaican food stand). Between the log flume and Medusa you can food a BBQ food place in the shape of a big stagecoach. The other restaurant of note is the character cafe where they serve burgers and fried chicken breast sandwiches. Some people like to leave the park for a break and drive down the road a mile to the food options they passed on the way to the park. My favored choice is getting a fresh made sandwich at the WaWa deli.

Indiana Beach

The best quick food in the park is the Taco Stand. The Tig'rr Grill serves chicken nuggets, burgers and that sort. Both places are reasonably priced. Although I did not eat there, many rave about the Skyroom Restaurant and Roof Lounge where they serve steaks, seafood, daily prepared delicacies. At night, the Lounge becomes a place to dance. On Sunday mornings they offer a big brunch.

HersheyPark

A variety of food can be found in the park including a Subway, Wok & Roll, Nathan's Hot Dogs and Ben & Jerry's. My favorite place to eat is Freeman's BBQ which besides good BBQ serves the best southern style sweet tea (with free refills) outside of the south. Famous Famiglia Pizza, Tumbleweed Tacos, The Deli and the Minetown Restaurant (burgers, chicken) round out the dining options. Hersheypark snacks are the best in the business: highlighted by soft pretzels with chocolate sauce and the best Kettle Corn on the business made right in front of you in a huge vat.

DelGrosso's

Food created this park. The park is famous for it's Wednesday afternoon pasta lunches (11:30-1:30) and dinners (4:30-7:00). They are reasonably priced at $5.45 for adults, $3.95 for kids including a soft drink and one refill. Although I was not there on a Wednesday I did buy 4 jars of sauce to take home and it was great. Also, on premises is the Pizza Factory with reasonably priced pizza at $1.35 per slice for freshly prepared pepperoni or $7.75 for a 6 slice pepperoni pie. This pizza is on par with a good New York pizza parlor, the crust is a little thicker but the sauce is magnificent. Standard fare can be found at Murfs Kitchen, along with great potato salad or you can try the Tipton Creek Deli for a sandwich.

Six Flags Over Georgia

This southern park evokes many features of southern cuisine, both modern and from the past. Priced reasonably (you will pay between $6 and $9 for a meal), the food includes southern classics such as Bar-b-que pork and old-fashioned hamburgers, as well as delicacies of the "new" south, such as Mexican items. The Quality of BBQ at Miner's Cookhouse can vary from "ok" to "very good". El Jalapeno offers some nice Mexican eats but still not quite as good as the "mamá y papá" restaurants that now blanket the Atlanta region. As with all SF parks the souvenir cups will be a good buy if you plan on refilling anywhere. Certain eateries offer discounts to all SF season pass holders so "Flash your pass and ask". Tondee's Tavern, which lies in the shadows of the Georgia Cyclone, also has some very good Cheesesteaks.

Dollywood

This park should offer admission plans where you can pay one price and eat whatever you can handle and do nothing else (no rides, just a big lunch and dinner). Unfortunately, they might end up losing money because the "down home" food is "down right" excellent. The food at Dollywood rivals the best restaurants outside of the park. The aroma of country cookin' is prevalent throughout the park, and tastes as good as it smells. The variety is there too: sausages, beef, chicken and various forms of BBQ are available throughout the park, including Brisket which is a personal favorite of mine. Dollywood is one of only two parks (BG Williamsburg being the other) I know of serving good brisket (which is fairly difficult). While all of the main-course food is great, the desserts really put the "icing on the cake". The fresh desserts available at the two bakeries in the park are among the best baked goods you will get at a park. Be sure that for everything you eat that you bring one home too. Some have commented that you find the best funnel cakes here. Along with the options of strawberries or powdered sugar Dollywood will top your funnel cake with Vanilla Glaze. Overall, the pricing is very good for the portions and quality at Dollywood's sit down restaurants. The food at the stands is average and not up to the level of the sit down restaurants. In particular, the cheesesteaks which I found to be lacking in cheese and steak, but heavy on the onions and peppers.

Six Flags Great Escape

This park has some of the worst food of any amusement park. I asked two ride operators where the best place to eat in the park was and they both replied that the food wasn't very good. It is standard overpriced park fare, burgers and chicken strips but nothing unique. There are a couple of restaurants right outside the park that I have heard may be options.

Six Flags La Ronde

The best serves the best variety of fried dough that I have ever sampled: The Beaver Tail. Freshly made thin fried dough served with many topping options: fruit and chocolate. Be warned the chocolate topping is plentiful and rich. Thee are a couple of Giorgio's stands that serve a delicious garlic beard. McDonalds and Subway restaurants exist in the park. I was disappointed in the chicken nuggets purchased in the Chick n Chick eatery. Otgher dining options of pizza, Tex-Mex and Asian exist in the park.

Cedar Point

There are a lot of mixed reviews on the food at Cedar Point. They give you many options. The best food can be found at the Marina with Famous Dave's BBQ. It's expensive for a park but certainly filling and very good. Unlimited refills on the excellent Sweet Tea, also. Chain eateries exist in Johnny Rocket's and at the Breakers Hotel there is a TGIFridays. Finer dining can also be found in the Marina at the Bay Marina, specializing in seafood dishes. Throughout the interior of the park numerous options exist for burgers, chicken strips. One family favorite place to eat is the Midway Market serving buffet style lunch and dinner. It is a little overpriced but if timed right can serve as a combo lunch and dinner. The food at Midway Market is nothing to write home about. Donuts and Starbucks can be bought inside the entrance to the park at DonutTime. If you look around you can find practically anything to eat at CP except TexMex or Asian. Funnel cakes served with fruit or chocolate toppings are usually crispy not soggy.

Wisconsin Dells

Do yourself a favor and eat outside these parks. Mt. Olympus has a snack bar but the burgers did not look appetizing (I ate a soft pretzel). Timber Falls has a fly infested snack bar that I avoided. At Riverview Park I only tried the sweet shop and was disappointed in the worst chocolate covered cashews I have ever had, extremely weak chocolate. After listening to many others, the way to go seems to be Pedro's, a tex-mex joint next to Timber Falls

Lake Compounce

The Croc Pot Cafeteria serves burgers, chicken strips, pulled pork sandwiches and some pre-made wraps. The food is mediocre at best, but at least the soft drinks are free. The best food I had in the park was at the Mexican Food stand near Down Time, not great but filling.

Six Flags New England

My favorite food in the park is the Buffalo Chicken Strips that are now sold at many stands throughout the park. In 2005 they opened a small Brazilian stand in Looney Tunes Food Court that serves authentic snacks, the Brazilian sausage and potato puffs are excellent and the portion are huge. There is also a Subway in this area and another in Hurricane Harbor. Other offerings at the park include Cheesesteaks at Rockville Drive-In, Turkey, Roast Beef, Ham and Prime Rib sandwiches at Riverboat Cafe and Seasoned skillet potatoes and turkey legs at Canyon Turkey Legs.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

I expected the tex-mex to be much better being in San Antonio. It wasn't bad but not as good as expected. What really blew me away was the fresh roasted corn on a cob in the husk. Grilled over a big open grill it can be generously buttered with the option to sprinkle Garlic and Onion Powder or Cajun Seasoning on top. This corn is a must.

Lakeside

Every single restaurant at lakeside offers fantastic food surrounded by wonderful art deco designs. The amount of design detail in every restaurant, sign, ticket booth and building is simply amazing! A single eatery at Lakeside - the College Inn, for example, would be a signature attraction at any other park. At Lakeside, it's just another building. The marble and pewter counter inside the refreshments building takes a while to be noticed because of all the other little details inside the building. Once you get your food, you can go outside the restaurant and eat in a shaded courtyard. The atmosphere is fantastic! There are many other fantastic places to eat at Lakeside.

Burrito Joe's is one of the best mexican restaurants around! Just walking into it makes you feel like you've stepped back in time!

If wood oven pizza is your thing, eating at the College Inn should not be missed.

Martin's Fantasy Island

This little park doesn't have much assortment with regards to food, but they do have one place that stands out. Basgetti's resteraunt near the Carousel in the front of the park sells better than average amusement park pizza. For about $5, you can get a big slice of their pizza and a medium drink, which is hardly more than what you would pay outside. They also sell Belgian waffles with powdered sugar that are a nice treat, but can get very messy. However, for $3 at most, its affordable and yummy. Finally, the park has a place called "Marty's Finger Lickin' Chicken" that serves some nice and spicy chicken. Fresh squeezed and shaken lemonade is available in the park.

Lake Winnepesaukah

Lake Winnie is an old fashioned park that serves up some really good (yet standard) amusement park food. The first thing to comment on is the wide selection. They offer the typical fare, dogs, burgers, chicken and nachos but also serve chicken wings, chili, sub sandwiches, BBQ sandwiches, cheesesteaks, salads and even grilled cheese and PB&J sandwiches.

In addition to the selection, the park serves up quality food that doesn't require a new mortgage. One of the cheapest parks to eat at, a three course meal (salad, entree, some desert) with a drink could go for as little as $10. In 2005, the park opened up a new food court that is similar in style to the boat house at Lake Compounce.

Carowinds

To me the only place to eat at Carowinds is Chic-Fil-A. You will get the best value and quality. The park does have quite a few other places to sit down and eat but none really had a big appeal. These featured restaurants include: CBS Cafe (Paramount Plaza), Wild Thornberrys Outpost Canteen (Nickelodeon® Central), Nick Toons Cafe (Nickelodeon® Central), Subway (Carolina Showplace), Board Wok (Carolina Boardwalk), Outer Hanks (Carolina Boardwalk), Happy Days Diner (Thrill Zone), Wings (Carolina RFD) and Sharky's (WaterWorks).

Kings Dominion

The kids will love The Wild Thornberry’s™ Explorer Café. The family can have lunch with Forest Gump at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack, or enjoy our award winning ribs at the Country Kitchen. The Subway is in the park and Rising Sun offers some quick Chinese options To be quite honest I have not sampled any of the above. I did have the cheesesteak at Volcano Grill and chicken fingers from the Border Cafe and found nothing special about either selection. The park website claims to have the World's Greatest Funnel Cake, but again nothing special.

Knotts Berry Farm

So the one tip I heard ahead of time was to make sure and sample Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken. There is an express stand in Fiesta Plaza that was closed so I sampled at the main restaurant right outside the park. While I'm not a fried chicken aficionado, while the chicken was tasty it wasn't as juicy as I expected, however the biscuits are wonderful. It was fairly priced and certainly worth a try. Since the Mrs. Knotts inside the park was closed I tried the tacos at Cantina. I expected better tex-mex since I was in SoCal, but nothing special. I was told afterwards that I should have tried the food in Ghost Town (Fireman's BBQ or Ghost Town Grub). One of the more unique places for a snack is "Pemmican and Pickle" which offers Beef Jerky and pickles. Of course, typical amusement park fare can also be found in the park.

Coney Island

Of course you should go to original Nathan's, but with that stated this is not the typical Nathan's you find at the mall. They have a huge variety of food, including fresh seafood in the summer to go along with dogs, burgers and chicken. However, if you have already sampled Nathan's you can't go wrong with the local places (on Surf Avenue or the Boardwalk) especially the pizza place right across from the Cyclone. The general rule of thumb is that if there are locals eating then it is worthy of your time and money. For those not familiar with New York, the local fried dough treat is called a Zeppole and can be found at most of the pizza places in the area. Williams Candy on Surf Avenue is a good option for old time seaside candy.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This is all coming from a guy who was once doing a comprehensive analysis of food at theme parks. The Food Network should actually PUT him on the show. Hell, give him a whole series.

Hercules - I never did finish that analysis, haha

I know, but just the fact that you started it, and even have as much as what you posted is cool. Besides, you are the fried dough connoisseur, and during that Western PA trip you made it a point to try as much lemonade as you could. That is dedication to food

Here are my responses to your example questions, along with a couple extras of my own:

1. Which park has the absolute best restaurant atmosphere ? Epcot! The choices for both indoors and outdoors dining are fabulous, tasty, and beautifully themed. Examples:

- Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada feels like you are not in a park at all and the food is amazing.

- The atmosphere of San Angel Inn inside the Mexican pavillion has such a cool feel to it - feels like you are dining in an outside Mexican courtyard at night.

- The outdoor Mexican Cantina de San Angel is a great place for a view of World Showcase Lagoon, for either a daytime view or night spot to watch Illuminations, while eating tasty food!

- Watching the undersea ballet of all the fish of The Seas, while enjoying the wonderful food of the Coral Reef Restaurant is an experience like no other.

- The Fountain View Espresso and Bakery has the best pastries and coffee and offers a great view of the choreography of the Future World fountain.

- Japan has a quick and tasty place to eat tempura at the Tempura Kiku.

- Morocco's Tangierine Cafe is a great outdoor cafeteria-style place to sample various Mediterranean cuisine.

- Morocco's indoor restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh also serves Mediterranean cuisine, but includes belly dancing and a fun family atmosphere.

- Though not cheap, Les Chefs De France has truly scrumptious food and a great wine list.

2. If you go to Magic Kingdom park in either Disneyland or WDW, you HAVE to try their Dole Whip!

3. My favorite "theme park restaurant" is Victoria & Albert's in the Grand Floridian, WDW. The food, wine, atmosphere and service cannot be beat! It is pricey, but it's worth every penny!

- In second place is Emeril's in City Walk, between the two Universal Orlando parks. One of the best meals we've ever eaten!

4. If you are eating on property at WDW, but not in one of the parks, you HAVE to go to Boma at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge! The atmosphere is very cool - especially if you wander around the resort before dining and see all the animals outside - while the samplings of authentic African cuisine is amazing! The cast members serving the food are fun and helpful.

5. A fun, cool snack that really hits the spot is an Mickey Mouse ice cream bar! Mmmmmmmm!

- Disneymarvel

Silver Dollar City has the best food of any park I have been to. There is something for everyone there, and it's all good: skillet meals, BBQ, fried chicken etc. Not to mention all the homemade foods that are packaged to take home; like bread (all kinds), jams and jellies, apple butter etc. And then there's the homemade candy that includes fudge, divinity, taffy and any thing else you can imagine. My favorite candy at Sliver Dollar City is called "Fool's Gold" it's out of this world and the only thing better is the "Chocolate Covered Fool's Gold".

If you go to Silver Dollar City you have to try one of the skillet meals: My favorite is the Smoked Sausage and Red Skin Potatoes Skillet (it has lots of other veggies in it; corn, red bell pepper, and onion to name a few.)

Best Food Oddity: Apple Fries at Legoland California.

Delicious with that apple whipped cream they have... but they get old after a while. Get the small box.

Best Desert: Disney parks. Dole Whip and Mickey bars FTW.

Best Breakfast: Disney parks, again. Holy sh*t, Mickey pancakes and waffles. And some of the best scrambeled eggs EVAR.

AND A SPECIAL ADDON:

Worst Food: Wild Rivers, Irvine. UGH! I make and serve it every day, I know damn well what goes into that crap. Don't... eat... it.... please... it will KILL.... YOU....!!!!!!!

In the overall best restaurant/food category, I'm casting my vote for Tudor Grill or Freeman's BBQ at Hershey.

Teppanyaki Dining Room at EPCOT World Showcase: Japan gets my vote for best-themed restaurant. It may not be the best representation of Japan, but in my eyes it's the best fit to its themed area.

Must-try individual dish: Seasoned skillet potatoes and, of course, the turkey legs at Canyon Turkey Legs, Crackaxle Canyon, SFNE.

Absolute best-overall food item? The free samples at the end of Hershey's Chocolate World (this is my light-hearted portion of this post, but in all seriousness, how could you possibly go wrong with free Mr. Goodbar samples?)...

^ Completely agreed! Alton Brown is my favorite host on that whole network!

If you guys ever need someone to play a kooky character on an episode of Good Eats, please consider me! I can be contacted with the convenient "PM" button at the bottom of this post.

-Julie (completely serious!!!)

Best Value: definately Knoebel's..who can beat those prices for what you get!

Best Restaurant: Blue Bayou at Disneyland in California..you can eat inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and get a great meal! But make your reservations early!

By Food Category:

Hot Dog: Definately the original Nathan's Coney Island New York

Barbeque: Knott's Berry Farm believe it or not! You can smell the ribs all

thru Ghost Town

French Fries: Tie between Kennywood's Potato Patch and Cedar Point

Corn Bread: Dollywood-they bring it to you in a tiny cast iron skillet

Fried Chicken: Definately Mrs. Knott's Chicken Restaurant

I'm getting hungry just thinking about these places..anyone up for an eating trip thru our favorite amusement parks?

Best food oveall: Busch Gardens Europe

Best restaurant: Trappers Smokehouse - BGE

Best themed restaurant: Jurrasic Park restaurant at IOA (can't recall the name, it's the big one with the T-Rex in the middle).

A close runner up with be the Fest Haus at BGE (can you tell I like BGE?)

Best Cotton Candy - Cedar Point

Adventureland in Altoona, IA has the best mini-donuts in the history of the world. You can get them for about $3 near The Underground.

I'd have to say BGE has the best food. When we were there, only one actual food place was open (the one at the front of the park, near the enterance, can't remember the name), probably due to the huge rainstorm that was around all day. Anyway, they sold hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza, but they were absolutely delicious. My only criticizm is the fact that the pizza comes with fries (what's that about?).

Again, if you go to Adventureland, you NEED to get their mini-donuts. It's right around the corner from the Mexican place near the bridge to Dragon Island.

BTW, Alton Brown really is the only Food Network host worth watching.

Emril is really sort of creepy.

Adventureland in Altoona, IA has the best mini-donuts in the history of the world. You can get them for about $3 near The Underground.

I'd have to say BGE has the best food. When we were there, only one actual food place was open (the one at the front of the park, near the enterance, can't remember the name), probably due to the huge rainstorm that was around all day. Anyway, they sold hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza, but they were absolutely delicious. My only criticizm is the fact that the pizza comes with fries (what's that about?).

Again, if you go to Adventureland, you NEED to get their mini-donuts. It's right around the corner from the Mexican place near the bridge to Dragon Island.

BTW, Alton Brown really is the only Food Network host worth watching.

Emril is really sort of creepy.

Easy turbo with the harsh language! Emeril is a good friend of mine. He's an awesome guy with a larger than life personality.

He and I share an afinnity for rack of lamb!

Alton is the better host though.

Probably too late, but sometimes it takes me a while to crystallize my thoughts!

Holiday World has the best pizza.

Disneyland has the best ice cream.

If you go to Indiana Beach, you HAVE to try their tacos!

My favorite "theme park restaurant" is Mythos, at Islands of Adventure.

The theme park with the most consistently good food overall is Knott's Berry Farm, followed by SeaWorld Orlando.

I don't understand why people are nominating Disney as great food. I got a Barbeque Sandwich at that barbeque place by Splash Mountain, It was TERRIBLE!

Are you talking about Hungry Bear? (I can't think of any other place near Splash) And if that's the case NO ONE has nomiated that. I see nominations for food that Disney is famous for (Monte Cristo, Ohana's, Beaches & Cream, Vicoria & Alberts, etc), but I haven't seen "Hungry Bear" on anyone's list and rightfully so!

--Robb "Please read and try to nuderstand the difference in this thread before responding." Alvey

I realize, by default, I am biased but I think the food at Dollywood is awesome.

Dick and his folks at Knoebels have the best valued food in the industry. When you can get two NY style Pizza slices and a large drink for five bucks that is a great value. You throw in ice cream on a waffle for two bucks and you are VERY full for the price of a value meal at Wendy's.

All that said, Dollywood's classic skillet taters or freid green tomatoes in the fall are amazing. Everyday, you can get TRUE Southern food at Dollywood at Aunt Granny's or Granny Ogle's Ham and Beans. They still serve fried baloney!

The BBQ is award winning and the Backstage Restaurant was nominated for a Grammy about 10 years ago - yes, a Grammy for its catered foods for the visiting artists.

If you have not tried the food at Dollywood you should. The presentation alone in the big skillets are awesome.

Better late then never!

Best sit down meal- Ohana's

Best Fries- The Potato Patch

Best Pizza- it's a tie for me between Holiday World and Knoebel's both are SO good.

Drink selection-Holiday World (Free Drinks won me over!)

Desserts-I LOVE the deep fried Oreos at KW. They sound disgusting, but its so good.

Internationl cuisine-Anything from Busch Gardens Europe.

Totally agree with California Grill being the best place, resort-wise, to have a fantastic meal at WDW... the chocolate souffle with praline ice cream and Grand Marnier sauce is worth shooting yourself in the foot for...

Best overall food in a theme park - Dollywood (the only place you can get REAL sweet iced tea, by the way...) Go for their Christmas celebration and you will eat like you have never eaten in a theme park... wow...

Best Hot Dog Outside of Nathan's - Casey's at the Magic Kingdom

Best sit-down meal - Sci-Fi Drive in or Prime Time Cafe, both at Disney MGM... how is it that meatloaf can be that good down there???

Best theme-park breakfast option - Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues, Downtown Disney... fantastic food, great music, and a good time...

and... if you're a die-hard like me....

Best Cajun food - House of Blues... the gumbo will ikght you up like a Roman Candle...