TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Dark Knight.......Rises

mcjaco

I'm pretty sure Chris Nolan said he wasn't going to have the Penguin in his Batman movies, and same goes for Robin, Mr. Freeze, and Catwoman. I'm sure that the Joker, Two-Face (Harvey Dent), and Scarecrow will appear in this film, with Harvey Dent becoming Two-Face at the end of the film. That said, the Joker really is the only main villain in this movie, since Scarecrow has a small role.

Well anyways, after reading many spoilers and seeing leaked pictures, all I can say is that this movie will be awesome, and much darker than Begins; hence Dark Knight.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

New movie update folks! A new picture and voice over of the Joker is on the Dark Knight's marketing website. The marketing for the movie has been amazing! All day today, people have been sending in pictures from the scavenger hunt that went on today, and the Joker gave us a reward for solving the puzzle. You can understand more by going to this website...

http://www.whysoserious.com (click on the picture behind the puzzle)

Here's the new pic of Joker...

"...and tonight your going to break your one rule."

ok, my 2 cents:

There've been a lot of casting/movie choices that at first sounded bad from the start, but ended up pretty good.

1980's Batman - Michael Keaton_Mr. Mom as Batman?!?

Turned out pretty well.

Spiderman 2: Alfred Molina over Sam Neal (Jurassic Park). Are they kidding?

Molina did a great job and was a balanced bad guy. Not crazy over the top, not forgettable either.

Batman Begins Movie - Great. This will be a crappy backstory/re-telling.

Ended up being a good, substantial, entertaining movie. Well done.

Batman The Dark Knight - Heath Ledger as Joker. Huh?

The man is talented, but tough to see him in that role and I'm biased towards Nicholson's Joker. Maybe Ledger will redefine the role and make it his own like Bale did with Bruce Wayne.

To sume up, the WTF's have come out pretty good. Maybe Ledger's Joker will too. Looking forward to seeing the movie and also happy about The Penguin possibly showing up. Makes you wonder how Scarecrow, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and some of the other villians will be woven into this storyline verses the 80's and 90's movies.

Lastly, as bad as it was, I enjoyed mecha-Ahnold delivering inspired lines like "Everybody...CHILL!"

^ Have you seen the trailer yet? There's no clips, just the Batman emblem with Christian talking to Michael Caine, and end with the Joker speaking. Heath's Joker voice is creepy as hell, just like I have always expected the Joker to sound like. Not like Nicholson's Joker.

Begins was a great reboot for the series. Only issue I really had was the ending, it just got too generic at the end after such a great build up.

I think Dark Knight is going to work, hopefully. I think Heath might play off as the best choice, and if they don’t kill if off at the end he is more then young enough to develop into a later story. Time will tell.

2.jpg.8f605cd1ed5396ae1691c607d76385da.jpg

1.jpg.53664227d5aa44941a4d1302a1634ff3.jpg

^ Have you seen the trailer yet? There's no clips, just the Batman emblem with Christian talking to Michael Caine, and end with the Joker speaking. Heath's Joker voice is creepy as hell, just like I have always expected the Joker to sound like. Not like Nicholson's Joker.

Yeah, it really was a teaser in that it gave away very little. Man it's gonna be a looooooong time to next summer, but I'm now officially on the fan bandwagon for this series. It's tough, because I do like the 80's and 90's series, and keep making unintentional comparisons. But so far, this series does stand on it's own merrit and that's no joke.

A 4. I do not blow up.

• 1 month later...

I am a huge fan of the Batman franchise. Batman Begins is actually one of my favorite movies of all time. Definitely the best Batman film in the series. I knew that everyone would be hesitant with Heath Ledger playing the Joker but I seriously think he is a great actor. Granted, he has played some pretty awful roles (10 Things I Hate About You come to mind...) but he was excellent as Enis Del Mar in Brokeback Mountain and his acting skills have evolved. I can't wait to see what he can bring to "The Dark Knight."

The Joker is actually my favorite villain and I am so excited to see him in this new Batman film. The makeup on Heath Ledger is awesome. Just how I always pictured the real Joker... deranged and sadistic. And the whole 'Chelsea Grin' story is pretty cool too. I can't wait to see this film!

Too bad "The Dark Knight" comes out much later here in Germany

I was a huge Batman nerd as a kid. I probably have hundreds of Batman comics in an attic somewhere.

Batman Begins was vastly superior to any of the other Batman films. Maybe it's because Tim Burton is a joke who freely admits that he doesn't read comics. He's too cool for that.

The major flaw in Batman Begins was the villains. I just couldn't jive with the idea of Liam Neeson, formerly cast as a jedi, as a bad guy. His lethargic performance didn't help matters.

Maybe Ledger will do better. He has big shoes to fill as Nicholson was amazing as The Joker.

Being a fan of Nicholson's Joker, Ledger really did make it darker, scarier and more intense. His facial expressions alone made really made me stop and go "woa, this guy isn't just goofy kukoo, he's truly scary and unstable". I liked the intensity and the little nod to the batwing vs. joker on the street scene.

Now I have to wonder, how will The Penguin come out and how much more evil, intense, and scary Scarecrow will be since he was a victim of his own nerve gas.

This movie looks like it'd be worth a trip to the Monaco Theatre with the VIP seating, leather recliners, and full dinner service.

The trailer was pretty good... Heath Ledger sure is a creepy Joker! So I checked on IMDB and Cillian Murphy (the actor who played the Scarecrow in Batman Begins) is on the main cast. I hope they center the movie on both villians equally... it would suck if he only made a small cameo. Can't wait till this film comes out! And I just discovered BitTorrent so it won't be too long before I'll be able to see this!

^Yes he did.

And I think Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow will probably just have a cameo appearance, not much longer than that. He was a pretty good villain, but come on, no Joker. The Joker is a strong enough villain to be the only one in the movie, unlike Batman Begins where no one villain was enough so they had 5 or something. BB was still the best one yet, though.