TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm going to be going to the park for the first time in a while and was going to go tomorrow but instead will be going Sunday.

Does anyone know how the crowds have been on Sundays and if I will need to buy a Flashpass?

I read a couple pages back that someone got on every ride a Sunday or 2 ago with minimal waits, do any of you think that's a possibility this weekend?

I think a giga would be much more fitting than a dive machine considering our longest coaster as of right now is Goliath (which isn't that long). I loved Griffon but it was way too short. The park already has enough coasters that rely solely on the drop, a long airtime filled giga would be perfect. Not to mention it would bring in way more coaster enthusiasts from around the country and maybe the world than a dive coaster would. Well, keep speakin your minds cuz I know Mr. Thomas comes on this website quite a lot to get ideas.

I think a giga would be much more fitting than a dive machine considering our longest coaster as of right now is Goliath (which isn't that long). I loved Griffon but it was way too short. The park already has enough coasters that rely solely on the drop, a long airtime filled giga would be perfect. Not to mention it would bring in way more coaster enthusiasts from around the country and maybe the world than a dive coaster would. Well, keep speakin your minds cuz I know Mr. Thomas comes on this website quite a lot to get ideas.

Though, SFMM doesn't care about coaster enthusiasts because we're only a small percentage of park attendance and we try to spend the least amount of money. SFMM wants teenagers who would spend $100 on food (true fact). A giga would make the GP think of a "bigger Goliath" while a dive machine is very unique and can be record breaking. How about this: a Giga Dive Machine. Tallest Dive Machine, Fastest Dive Machine, and First of its kind in the West Coast. The GP doesn't care about length, they care about thrills.

Though, SFMM doesn't care about coaster enthusiasts because we're only a small percentage of park attendance and we try to spend the least amount of money. SFMM wants teenagers who would spend $100 on food (true fact). A giga would make the GP think of a "bigger Goliath" while a dive machine is very unique and can be record breaking. How about this: a Giga Dive Machine. Tallest Dive Machine, Fastest Dive Machine, and First of its kind in the West Coast. The GP doesn't care about length, they care about thrills.

If 500,000 people that wouldn't of came to the park did cuz there was a new giga coaster, that would be close to $20,000,000 that they add. I know its not the most important aspect of the business but it does count. I think the GP would be impressed with a dive machine at first, but once they got off they could think it was too short. I don't see how everyone thinks they wont do it cuz of Goliath, just about every giga is accompanied by a hypercoaster because there at the most popular parks. If another giga IS built, where would it be, cuz all the parks who dont have a hyper TODAY sure as hell wont have the attendance to get a giga. Btw, I-305 had about three times the thrill factor that Griffon had.

If 500,000 people that wouldn't of came to the park did cuz there was a new giga coaster, that would be close to $20,000,000 that they add. I know its not the most important aspect of the business but it does count. I think the GP would be impressed with a dive machine at first, but once they got off they could think it was too short. I don't see how everyone thinks they wont do it cuz of Goliath, just about every giga is accompanied by a hypercoaster because there at the most popular parks. If another giga IS built, where would it be, cuz all the parks who dont have a hyper TODAY sure as hell wont have the attendance to get a giga. Btw, I-305 had about three times the thrill factor that Griffon had.

And they would not get bored with a giga, or any other ride?

A Megalite would fit in really nicely. It wouldn't have to take up as much space as a giga and would be a great quality, airtime producing ride. A giga would be awesome but a Megalite would work extremely well.

I think a giga would be much more fitting than a dive machine considering our longest coaster as of right now is Goliath (which isn't that long). I loved Griffon but it was way too short.

I agree, Griffon felt way too short. But I could see SFMM getting a dive machine because they have just about every type of B&M except a dive machine, wing-rider, and hyper. Out of the three, a dive machine would be the least like any of the coasters they already have.

However, we know that SFMM likes to be bigger and "better" with record-breakers, so I could see them wanting a really tall giga. I don't think it would conflict with Goliath at all. Plus, with the rumors of KBF getting one, I can't see SFMM letting that go through without putting up a fight.

Really, at this point I think it could go any way, assuming they're even going to get a large coaster in the near future and not something else.

Well, goin to work at the mountain till 4. I'll try and ask around and find out more about the 2013 project

I somehow doubt whatever info you're given will have any real basis in fact, especially since you appear to be seeking info for the purposes of posting it on the internet. Call it a hunch.

Besides, everyone already knows Saggy Boobs: The Ride is coming in 2013. There's even a tagline: "Flash Pass has a whole new meaning!"

SFMM's Fright Fest looking really awesome on the official SFMM website. I remember helping select some of those graphic images in a survey. I will definitely make multiple trips this October - 1 for the mazes at night, and another night for lights out coaster riding. Ooooh, Batman with fog, gonna be so sweet! Fog effects on Apocalypse would be freaking awesome as hell too!! (hint, SFMM )

http://frightfest.sixflags.com/magicmountain

Well, goin to work at the mountain till 4. I'll try and ask around and find out more about the 2013 project

I somehow doubt whatever info you're given will have any real basis in fact, especially since you appear to be seeking info for the purposes of posting it on the internet. Call it a hunch.

Besides, everyone already knows Saggy Boobs: The Ride is coming in 2013. There's even a tagline: "Flash Pass has a whole new meaning!"

Oh ya? You got me all figured out. Well, we'll just see then

Not to be a buzzkill, but if "lights off" rides are anything like they were last year, you're going to be really disappointed.

True. Last year I drove by SFMM on a Sunday night at around 11:00 and all the lift hill lights were lit up. I knew they were supposed to be dark!

Went to the park yesterday and had a blast. Got to the park at 10:30 and the entrance was packed. We waited for about 15 minutes to get our Gold Flash Pass, and we added X2 to it for 7:30pm. We started out at Scream, then made our way to Batman and Riddlers Revenge. It started to get hot, so we took a quick ride on Jet Stream, and noticed Ninja was stuck on it's brakes right above the water ride. By the time we got off, Ninja was fixed and we went and got a ride on that, then went to Apocolypse and Deja Vu (which ran all day without any noticable downtime). We went to Goliath and got a ride in, then took the orient express up to Samurai Summit for two rides on Superman and one ride on Tatsu. After that, we went shopping and walking for a while, then went to our X2 reservation. The line for that ride was well over 2 hours, extending across Baja Bridge. As always, it was an excellent ride, and well worth the 15$ per person. To finish the day, we took the flash pass back and got in line for Green Lantern at about 8:15, and the line was about an hour. That ride surprised me a lot. It really packs a punch for such a short ride, and actually made me cringe on the last dip into the station.

All in all, it was a great day. It was absolutely PACKED, and the Flash Pass saved us. The only things we didn't get on were Colossus, Revolution, and Viper, which we easily had plenty of time to ride, but decided to take our time on the other ones, not to mention my sister had a big headache and was already doing a lot of other ones, and those ones in particular really hurt her.